About the F1 Resource Restriction Agreement

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Lola reveal 2011 resource cap

Oh well, the 280 head count is consistent with the published objectives of the resource limiting agreement. The aim was to get back to structures as prevalent in the mid 90ties. So instead of throwing injective and foul language around it would be more productive to work on the assumption that the reported figure is correct. Personally I would think that Martin Birrane would have more credibility as a source than Chaparral. He certainly uses the nicer language.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Chaparral

Oh well, the 280 head count is consistent with the published objectives of the resource limiting agreement.
And you have a copy of the published objectives relating to the 280 person head count - can we see it please to substantiate the numbers.................
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

xpensive
xpensive

Chaparral wrote:
Oh well, the 280 head count is consistent with the published objectives of the resource limiting agreement.
And you have a copy of the published objectives relating to the 280 person head count - can we see it please to substantiate the numbers.................
All this talk of headcounts is just crap by people who never even been close to run a business Chap, when anyone who actually has knows it can never ever be policed.

Unless you are a believer in "Berufsverbot" or mind-control perhaps.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:
Please be accurate in your demands. I have said that the objectives of the resource restriction agreement are known. It is simply bringing the team budgets or resources back to mid 90ties levels. There are countless media reports and documents by FIA and FOTA about that objective.

You will probably agree with me that neither Ferrari, McLaren, Benetton or Williams substantially exceeded staff levels of 280 persons in 1995. I can find you statements by Williams or Briatore about the budgets of that times if needed, but I don't think that people in the know would disagree.

Back on topic: I have come across another number from the resource agreement. Ross Brawn recently said in an interview with AMuS that the traveling personnel of the teams will be limited to 45 persons.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 93733.html
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:All this talk of headcounts is just crap by people who never even been close to run a business Chap, when anyone who actually has knows it can never ever be policed.
No substantial business can work without a resource plan and a budget. FIA/FOM and FOTA have agreed to a specific plan and they will make it work. I believe you simply do not know what you are talking about.

xpensive
xpensive

No they have not, there is no headcount agreement, when everyone involved knows it's neither useful nor enforceable.

Perhaps a limit to how many people you are allowed to have in the pits, when that should be easy enough to police.
But how many people attending a race-weekend? Ridicilous.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Chaparral

Im not demanding anything - its a simple request.
So can you show us the document stating this is the adopted policy
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:Im not demanding anything - its a simple request.
So can you show us the document stating this is the adopted policy
Request whatever you like. I don't care as long as you avoid to take notice of the mid nineties resource level objective. I might give that a little search if your memory is so short.

Chaparral

Im not interested in mid 90s staffing levels - can you show us the document that says the personnel cap for each team is 280 - can you??

WhiteBlue

http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressr ... 40609.aspx
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... mentw.html

We have Williams CEO Parr confirm that the objective is to get to the nineties level of spending. Williams obviously were instrumental in getting the resource restrictions defined. We do not know all the details that were finally agreed.

We have Mr. Birrane's quote of 280 heads for 2011 which is consistent with the mid 90ties cost objective.

We have Ross Brawn's quote that traveling personnel per team will be restricted to 45 heads.

Those are facts that can be extracted from quotations and they can be pulled together with logic. Beyond that you can do your own research or believe in woodoo. I cannot care less.

Chaparral

So there is no actual published head count agreement - its speculation on your part from what you have read in the press - I have only asked for clarification all along and you cannot supply said documentation............

WhiteBlue

Are you dense? Everbody knows there is a resource restriction agreement in place. It is constantly mentioned by all kinds of sources.

But it is secret!!!

So stop being a nuisance and don't ask me for a secret document that only insiders have seen.

The 280 heads figure is no speculation on my part. It is simply quoted from someone else. Are you familiar with the concept of quotations? It is different to speculation or opinion! It means you refer to a published statement by someone else.

Chaparral

So stop being a nuisance and don't ask me for a secret document that only insiders have seen.

The 280 heads figure is no speculation on my part. It is simply quoted by someone else.
Well yes it is speculation as your reliant on what someone else has said am I wrong - and sorry but you gave the impression upfront that it was documented that there was a head count of 280 people per team - I didnt say that you did

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:

The 280 heads figure is no speculation on my part. It is simply quoted by someone else.
Well yes it is speculation as your reliant on what someone else has said am I wrong - and sorry but you gave the impression upfront that it was documented that there was a head count of 280 people per team - I didnt say that you did
This is what I said upfront:
WhiteBlue wrote:http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/11/ ... he-breach/

So it appears that the resource capping for 2011 has been set to 280 head count for team personnel. I do not think that anything else has been revealed about the resource restriction agreement before, so this is at least one corner stone of information. One has to assume that the 2010 figure must be significantly higher than that. Considering that some teams employ in excess of 600 persons I could make an educated guess that the figure will probably be close to 450-500 next year. This would be based on the previous argument that employment cannot be reduced sharply in one go but in several steps.
I have given the source of the figure and said that the 280 appears to be the limit set by the agreement. I have followed up with some speculation about next years figures. The rest is misconception on your behalve.

Chaparral

Oh well, the 280 head count is consistent with the published objectives of the resource limiting agreement. The aim was to get back to structures as prevalent in the mid 90ties. So instead of throwing injective and foul language around it would be more productive to work on the assumption that the reported figure is correct. Personally I would think that Martin Birrane would have more credibility as a source than Chaparral. He certainly uses the nicer language.
No you said published objectives - which is incorrect - Lola were dumped what 3-4 months ago rules changed and yet you state Birrane is a credible source - Id check my info and stop making statements of fact which they may not be..........please by all means show us the document with the head count