Stefan GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Stefan GP

I think Cosworth was selected "preferred supplier" to F1 more than a year ago, with MrM's "tender" procedure, remember?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:I think Cosworth was selected "preferred supplier" to F1 more than a year ago, with MrM's "tender" procedure, remember?
That is correct, but I was referring to the "Cosworth requirement" which was imposed very late during the new team application period. I do not know the exact dates but I believe they were told only 4 weeks before the dead line that applications without Cosworth would probably fail. For those who were planning for a Merc or Ferrari engine it would have been a difficult situation.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

marcush.
marcush.

my view is :
Stefanovic is no fool ,otherwise he would not be in big projects of aerospace and defence.
He has lobbied Ecclestone ,no question.This is the reason why Bernie is more than
helpful and supportive to him and at the same time giving the confirmed teams an unbelievable amount of flak.-He needs those 26 cars ,yes? So why should he bash USf1 or Campos and be polite to stefanovic?

very easy :Stefanovic has everything in place and paid for everything himself ,no cost for Ecclestone.
Campos and USGP look at least marginal in terms of money or in terms of projecttiming .
So both teams would ,no alternative entries in view have good reason to rely on Bernie being supportive moneywise or lax in terms of non apearance to the first races.
But with Zoran GP in the backhand ,no quarter will be given.end of story

Stefanovic is in my view acting very clever at this time.Of course he still needed a deep pocket to go forward but he has brought himself in a position were no
team be it TR ,Sauber usgp ,Campos or whoever can hope for any gifts coming or concessions to be made by Bernie..

Richard
Richard

Zoran already exists ... http://www.zoran.com

vall
vall

Image that Toyota finally managed to get it right and designed killer car. USF1 fails to make it to the grid, Stefan GP steps in and in BGP style beats them all :shock:

Could then be possible? Some time ago I was thinking of starting a new topic about the new teams in general. How they will perform, which one will do best, can some of them actually be a treat for the big teams, etc.

Giblet
Giblet

Ah so the Cosworth Requirement was underhanded but not illegal or challengable, so there would be nothing to stand on in court?

Thanks WB. As usualy, you hit the mark in this category.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Giblet wrote:Ah so the Cosworth Requirement was underhanded but not illegal or challengable, so there would be nothing to stand on in court?

Thanks WB. As usualy, you hit the mark in this category.
There was no cosworth "Requirement" other than the fact of reality... Honda was out, BMW & Toyota was soon to be, Renault was on the ropes... Merc was already stretched thin between McLaren, Brawn, FIF1, with McLaren holding a Veto... who else was going to supply engines? Only ones capable was Cosworth and Ferrari... Ferrari already were supplying backmarkers STR and I doubt wanted to supply more backmarkers... The teams who chose to put down a deposit on a cosworth lease were showing that they A) had the money for their engines and B) had a good sense of what the reality on the ground in F1 was.

There is no requirement for you to drink water, but its a pretty damned good idea.

xpensive
xpensive

So, if against all those terrible odds mentioned above, a new team had indeed managed to secure an engine-supply form someone other than Cosworth, what would have been the problem with that?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ISLAMATRON

No problem a all... but who did? N-technology?

WhiteBlue

xpensive wrote:So, if against all those terrible odds mentioned above, a new team had indeed managed to secure an engine-supply form someone other than Cosworth, what would have been the problem with that?

I believe that Cosworth really was a requirement as no team with another engine was ultimately awarded a slot. Other teams like ProDrive basically had better due diligence and but failed to comply with the Cosworth requirement. That was clearly communicated after the list was published. Under the particular circumstances this practise was obviously condoned by the court. Nevertheless it would have been much better for F1 if the issue would have been resolved without the big controversy.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Does Bernie know something we dont???

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-new ... and-us-f1/

Bue James Allen doesnt think theres any problem: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/01/t ... and-lopez/
My understanding is that of the new teams, USF1 are the ones who are least ready technically for the new season, but they seem to have funding. Campos and Virgin are well advanced technically, but Campos clearly lacks funding, while Lotus will miss some vital tests but have a very solid looking base to build on

The FOZ
The FOZ

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

I just don't get it...they plan on having a car ready for Bahrain. It's not like if one of the other new teams doesn't show, Bernie is gonna say "Alright, other team that showed up for some reason, you're in"

They need to crash test. When/how will they do that? Where will they get drivers?

Nothing about this bunch makes any sense to me. But then again, none of the politicking in F1 ever really does...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The FOZ wrote:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

I just don't get it...they plan on having a car ready for Bahrain. It's not like if one of the other new teams doesn't show, Bernie is gonna say "Alright, other team that showed up for some reason, you're in"

They need to crash test. When/how will they do that? Where will they get drivers?

Nothing about this bunch makes any sense to me. But then again, none of the politicking in F1 ever really does...
Crash tests already passed.

Seemingly they have the TF110-02 and TF110-03 already fully furbished and ready to race. All they need to do is get the TF110-04 up and ready for a T car and there in with a shout.

You dont need to be a F1 team completing to have the crash tests done and passed, if you have the money and parts ready to be smashed up, they will test it out at one of the 13 sites the crash testing is allowed to be done at.

Fil

The FOZ wrote:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp? ... sec=sports

They're just flexing their muscle in front of everyone, gloating at the FIA and the new teams, showing how it could/should be done.

Every action & comment from StefanGP regarding being ready for this season is a publicity stunt. They know, as well as anyone else at the FIA & in F1, that there is no process for the team to race this season. But it makes them look strong & good for their business plan for 2010.

2011 may be a different story tho..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I forgot where I read this but according to that source Toyota already had two fully built chassis by the end of December.

So if anything, at least one more extra chassis has been built by now or by the beginning of the season.

Fil wrote:They're just flexing their muscle in front of everyone, gloating at the FIA and the new teams, showing how it could/should be done.
Buy a team that pulled out last minute and use their already designed/built race cars?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.