Saab rescue

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Saab rescue

I´d think Saab is a very interesting prospect in terms of technology and expertise in building cars.
Iknow Opel guys were amazed by the level of finesse in the suspension area when they got hold of them ..so maybe somebody takes notice.

donskar
donskar

Saab secures more funds as talks with suppliers continueJune 29, 2011 - 2:28 pm ET

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Swedish Automobile said it signed a second loan deal with a shareholder that would secure more short-term funding for its cash-strapped carmaker Saab.

The Swedish automaker has been scrambling to raise cash since April when unpaid suppliers stopped deliveries, forcing it to halt Saab production. Last week it said it could not pay workers.

Wednesday's deal is Saab's third lifeline this week, but Swedish Automobile said in a statement the plant would remain idle until a deal is reached with suppliers.

The firm said it had secured a 25 million euro ($35.4 million) loan from shareholder Gemini Investment Fund, following a 30-million euro loan deal with the fund last month.

On Monday, an undisclosed Chinese firm ordered 582 cars for 13 million euros and agreed to pay this week, covering Saab's wage bill and some unpaid debts to suppliers. On Tuesday, Saab signed a conditional 28 million euro deal to sell and lease back plants and other property.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Richard
Richard

I had my first sighting of the new 95 on the road in Northumbria last week. it overtook us on a sweeping bend near Berwick - a beautiful sight.

The next day we saw 6 of them lined up outside Alnwick Castle with a chauffeur standing next to each one, I presume it was a promotional event.

It would be sad to lose the marque just as it was rediscovering its identity. Anyone who's studied economic strategy will know that emotion doesn't ensure company's survival.

Muulka
Muulka

Why would a Chinese company buy so many cars? I thought that the price was a lot for that many cars, but it turns out that it's only an average of 22336.77 Euros per car.

Let's hope that that helps get the company on its feet!