Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
dumrick
dumrick

Re: Le Mans 24 hours 2010

In my opinion, they've just managed to make the most horrid one, so far. This livery was unanimously considered "camouflage" after being spotted testing at Monza, last week. :lol:

This week, the european LMS season will start with the 8h of Paul Ricard. Audi will be there, as well as most of the european front running prototypes, including Oreca's Peugeot 908. First chance for an impression on the R15+.

Pandamasque

In other Le Mans livery news BMW to treat us with their new 'art livery'. Yay!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Upon seeing that BMW livery I hoped that the publication date of the article would be April 1st. :?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Pandamasque

mx_tifosi wrote:Upon seeing that BMW livery I hoped that the publication date of the article would be April 1st. :?
They have always looked very radical, plus that's not even the ral photo of a car. It'll look better in flesh.

While we're on the liveries, whenever I see the Drayson's Lola I just can't take my eyes off it. I guess it'll be the best of the LM 2010.

autogyro
autogyro

Pandamasque wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:Upon seeing that BMW livery I hoped that the publication date of the article would be April 1st. :?
They have always looked very radical, plus that's not even the ral photo of a car. It'll look better in flesh.

While we're on the liveries, whenever I see the Drayson's Lola I just can't take my eyes off it. I guess it'll be the best of the LM 2010.
Yes, I leaned on it at a green racing conference in January at the RCS Birmingham, pretty car.

vyselegend

+1 :shock:

What's going on in the design districts of Le Mans team this year?! I thought LM was a race, not a circus! I bet when both HondaF1 and the ING Renault team have beeen dismantled their graphists have contaminated the Le Mans teams market! :twisted:

Agreed, the Drayson Lola is a looker! That's helped by the fact the 2010 version of the car looks very sleek and modern. The Gulf liveried Astons are still very pleasing to see too. The blue Pugs are very nice too, but the car is now looking old.

EDIT: Spyker reveals 2010 paintjob. That's a proper racing car livery, but I miss the orange & grey one:

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

BMW's been running Art Car since forever....its odd that it took them this long to make a new one......

Personally I like the trend. Cars back in the 60s and 70s have more interesting paint job before corporate PC crowd took over. Its nice to see something different again....

dumrick
dumrick

There seems to be serious trouble in the Pescarolo camp, that seems to indicate we'll have no P1 Pescarolos on the grid this year.

In an interview published yesterday, Jean Py stated that the whole sporting program from Pescarolo was on the hands of Genii Capital, but that, after making Pescarolo Sport inscribe two cars for 5 Gravity drivers, Genii seemed no more willing to fulfill its compromises.

Today, Genii released this statement:
Luxembourg, April 26, 2010
"Following recent speculation in the media related to a potential entry in the forthcoming Le Mans 24 Hours, Genii Capital would like to clarify that it has ceased negotiations with Pescarolo Sport.

In spite of extensive discussions, the team has been unable to provide the necessary financial and operational guarantees and Genii Capital has therefore decided to step away from this project.

The Motorsport arm of the Group will continue to focus on its involvement with the Renault F1 Team and its young driver management programme, Gravity Sport Management. Genii will nevertheless maintain a watching brief on endurance racing, and has not ruled out the possibility of entering this category in the medium term."
Nevertheless, Pescarolo carries on with the conception of a new LMP1 for 2011.

In the event that cars #16&17 are withdrawn, this means we may see Tokai University's Courage and KSM's Lola on the grid.

greenpower dude reloaded

autogyro wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:

Yes, I leaned on it at a green racing conference in January at the RCS Birmingham, pretty car.

As did I Autogyro! I didn't realise you were there! I was exhibiting two Greenpower cars right next to it!

autogyro
autogyro

I spoke to your young lady as my associate and electric expert did for some time green power dude. He is also a green party candidate in the current elections and I believe he is working up some interest for your racing at his daughters school.
I was there discusing my official paper on Carbon Neutral Motor Sport that I have before the FIA AEC alternate energy commision. I was also comparing the latest Kers and Hybrid systems with my ESERU design.

raceman

vyselegend wrote:Image
+1

WOW! This is quite a paintjob..... =D>

autogyro
autogyro

Its those chromed rear air intakes that does it.
Makes it look like one of those French vacuum cleaners.

Pandamasque

I just realized that my vacuum cleaner is BRG! :o Gotta go find some yellow duct tape!

dumrick
dumrick

Back to the news about Pescarolo Sport, an interview with Henri Pescarolo gives some new insight on the current affairs of Henri's ex-company. Henri says he's "shocked" and "desperate" about the possibilty of the team ceasing its sporting activities.

Some highlights of the interview:

- Jean Py would have said last week in a meeting with the ACO that he purchased Pescarolo Sport to build the Pescarolo school cars and that had no intention of racing;

- After the purchase of Pescarolo from Jacques Nicolet by Jean Py (at the end of the 2008 season), Henri was requested to abandon the management of the company, retaining a Sporting Director role, by means of a contract with MHP, the society Henri controls with his wife. After November 2009, MHP's invoices to Pescarolo Sport began being rejected. Henri continued his work as Sporting Director, since MHP's contract with Pescarolo Sport runs for 3 years. This contract is currently being disputed in the justice, Py trying to terminate it (and Henri's role in the team he created).

- According to Henri, the team, despite keeping his personnel (that develops the Pescarolo 01 LMP2 for OAK Racing, e.g.), has lost the intelectual property of the Pescarolo 2009-2010, as well as all the manufacturing tools and commercial rights to OAK Racing; has lost vehicle #17 to SORA Composites, after the return of the vehicle from the Asian LMS race - which it won; there's left only an incomplete vehicle (#16) and "some toolboxes".

It seems this year there will be no such picture:

More revealing, Jean Py's interview I mentioned before seems to be nothing but a smokescreen to his real intentions. Left to understand is how serious the discussions with Genii were and the real reasons the deal fell through...

wesley123
wesley123

why did henry afterall sell the team? After this is what is happening i think he should try to get his team back. from the le mans pescarolo was always an team that i loved and to see it go(although i do not have much with endurance racing) is simply painful.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender