Toyota Recall

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
autogyro
autogyro

Re: Toyota Recall

marcush. wrote:talking about cosmic rays...

my toyota corolla TS denied me access again and again when I happened to park the little devil in a certain spot ...in front of my home. :mrgreen:
the reason was quite simple: on top of the adjacent housing was a big antenna from a mobile phone net supply.. park the car 10 meters further ..no issues.. in fact the other toyota in my company ,a Landcruiser had exactly the same problem.... :lol: :lol: so Toyotas R&D have no real idea or don´t really care about german mobile telephone networks?..

Of course electromagnetic radiation is not to be underestimated in influencing electronic systems.
Yep and some day someone or something is going to wipe out all the data on computer and electronic items over a wide area and modern life will come to an instant stop.
It is a huge mistake the way we live and rely on electronics, it is going to bite us in the a-- some day soon.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

And that's when the robots will take over. Better call John Connor and the governator ahead of time.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jon-mullen

Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

autogyro
autogyro

Terrific add made me laugh but not about the guy driving.
It showed that red neck protectionist America is still alive, kicking and still has no idea how to drive.

jon-mullen

Congrats, auto, you just "got a joke".

Now can you try it again with a little less bile this time?
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

autogyro
autogyro

Sorry?
It was the add that contained all the bile, or had you not noticed.

autogyro
autogyro

mx_tifosi wrote:And that's when the robots will take over. Better call John Connor and the governator ahead of time.
I dont think robots take over but supermarkets definitely stop working and people get hungry very rapidly. I know this from the simple electronic failures I have actualy seen happen.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Some of us are capable of feeding ourselves without supermarkets. Indeed, we do as much as possible to avoid them - nasty organisations.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

manchild
manchild

To(yo)tal recall

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101021/ap_ ... ota_recall

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2 ... blems.html

I wonder how on modern cars DVD's work fine, LCD displays in headrests too, other irrelevant gadgets also, but main things like brakes or steering fail all the time.

That never happened on cars that were built 20, 30... 50 years ago. Too much CAD to little real engineers who design them.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 21 Oct 2010, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: OP of merged thread.

flynfrog

Re: To(yo)tal recall

have you ever driven a car with 50 year old brakes? Ill take my chances with a modern car any day. even cars 20 years old didn't have nearly as complex of a brake system as todays cars with ASM TC ABS ect.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 21 Oct 2010, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need to quote the post directly in front of you, especially if it's the OP

manchild
manchild

I've driven cars with no brakes, it required 4 of us to open the door and foot-brake to stop :mrgreen:

Nobody mentioned complexity, ABS electronics etc. it says brake fluid. So, it is basic piping, nothing fancy. They've turned cars into mobile living rooms with wireless internet, while basics malfunction all the time.

flynfrog

manchild wrote:I've driven cars with no brakes, it required 4 of us to open the door and foot-brake to stop :mrgreen:

Nobody mentioned complexity, ABS electronics etc. it says brake fluid. So, it is basic piping, nothing fancy. They've turned cars into mobile living rooms with wireless internet, while basics malfunction all the time.
I wouldn't say the basics malfunction all time. Look at the service intervals on today's cars vs say my 63. By the time my new VW is ready for its first oil change my 63 will need new plugs adjust the timing 3 oil changes and be halfway through the life of its suspension components. Today's cars don't malfunction more than old cars you just here about it more. Back in the 60s it was pretty normal to lose your brakes and drivers were smart enough to deal with that.

tarzoon

Cars of old failed more than recent ones. The difference is that neither the media, the manufacturers or the drivers would bother to complain as much, since it was expected. I get p!ss€d off if my car breaks down in the middle of traffic, while 40 years ago, it would have been expected to happen.

Having 38.541 different manufacturers involved in building the different parts of the car should have something to do with it.