New Indycar for 2012

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Re: New Indycar for 2012

...I just threw up a little
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Pierce89

Scania wrote:give me Deltawing.....
give me a break. What an awful exercise in hideous unsound theoretical BS.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Scania
Scania

Pierce89 wrote:
I think DW is look better then that.....
I can saw the fuction of any aero parts I can see on DW car, but the Dallara design is just try to please the public with claptrap, I can't see any fuction on it.

wesley123
wesley123

Scania wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
I think DW is look better then that.....
I can saw the fuction of any aero parts I can see on DW car, but the Dallara design is just try to please the public with claptrap, I can't see any fuction on it.
Well, the function is the same as the DW, and it looks way better, so with that it was an easy thing to choose...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Scania
Scania

wesley123 wrote:
Well, the function is the same as the DW, and it looks way better, so with that it was an easy thing to choose...
no, I don't think so. DW's Aerodynamic efficiency is much much better
Dallara win is just because they will build a factory in US

djos

Scania wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
bah, aero efficiency is one thing, raceability is another entirely!
"In downforce we trust"

wesley123
wesley123

Scania wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
No, the Dallara is rather chosen because you can actually watch it without becoming blind because of its uglyness...

Scania
Scania

wesley123 wrote:
Scania wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
No, the Dallara is rather chosen because you can actually watch it without becoming blind because of its uglyness...
I won't have lot of interested to keep follow Indy if the car like Dallara, it just a "good" looking scale model running on 240mph in school hall using current, or outdated technic, not a technical leading racing machine to improve automobile technology

wesley123
wesley123

I would like to know in wich way the Delta Wing isn't outdated? It is just an fighter jet without the wings...

Reasons why not to chose the delta wing:
-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-Why take an fighter jet when you can have an normal looking car?
-An too complicated design
-My a$$ that the DW was cheaper
-The Dallara allows variation between cars
-It is ugly
-it doesnt look like an car

Seriously there is no reason to run the delta wing, it is simply incredibly ugly, it has an very unsafe look, Indy cars do not allow rockets to fire at others, it has electronics to help them aim for turns, and the indy carsraces take place on the ground, not in the air(and whatever fighter jet joke you can think up that fits here.

Give an good reason why the Delta Wing is such an great engineering piece, afterall it is just an fighter jet copy with an small underbody tunnel and an incredibly low powered engine...

djos

wesley123 wrote:I would like to know in wich way the Delta Wing isn't outdated? It is just an fighter jet without the wings...

-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly

Seriously there is no reason to run the delta wing, it is simply incredibly ugly, it has an very unsafe look, Indy cars do not allow rockets to fire at others, it has electronics to help them aim for turns, and the indy carsraces take place on the ground, not in the air(and whatever fighter jet joke you can think up that fits here.

Give an good reason why the Delta Wing is such an great engineering piece, afterall it is just an fighter jet copy with an small underbody tunnel and an incredibly low powered engine...
Agreed, it's like a Robin Reliant race car!

"In downforce we trust"

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

As much as I hate the Delta Wing I want to see one build to see if it can indeed do all the stuff they claimed it can do, as opposed to a rFactor video...

The car just looks....wrong....and doesn't look like it'll be able to do the things that traditional "race car" do so well, that is braking, then turning in....

Scania
Scania

Why should we run on 780hp if we can do the same thing under half hourse power?

Scania
Scania

wesley123 wrote:I would like to know in wich way the Delta Wing isn't outdated? It is just an fighter jet without the wings...

-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly

50 yrs ago, Mid engine car is ugly
40 yrs ago, winglet car is ugly
30 yrs ago, ground effect car is ugly

but how about today?

it have no incredibly low powered engine, but the current design have incredibly high aerodynamic drag

gridwalker
gridwalker

djos wrote:

-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly

I'm sure that the experts on this board could get that thing up to delta wing spec : just bolt on a revolutionary transmission system and pray ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Scania
Scania

gridwalker wrote:
djos wrote:

-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly
-It is ugly

I'm sure that the experts on this board could get that thing up to delta wing spec : just bolt on a revolutionary transmission system and pray ;)
The CG is absolutely different, so they have nothing to compare.

there are nothing were higher then the front wheels on the front parts, there are nothing to roll the car connering, but this car put a engine top of it, the engine weight can roll the body up side down