The "Completely Out of Thread" thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Australian GP 2012 - Albert Park

NathanOlder wrote:You cant garentee that, unless....... You are David Coulthard :lol:
It's true! =D> :lol: =D>
In that case, London is that capital city of Scotland Wales & N.Ireland ?
Correct. And Edinburgh is the regional capital of Scotland, Cardiff the regional capital of Wales, and Belfast the regional capital of Northern Ireland. Ultimately though, we have the same queen, the same government, the same MPs, the same laws (mostly), the right to travel between our towns (although it'd take a bloody long time) without showing passports, there is no way that you or I could be deported from England to Scotland or vice versa, we have the same military fight for us, we compete under the same flag in the olympics, we both pay the same taxes to the same place, ...

All the things that make us nationals of the same country.

Pup
Pup

beelsebob wrote:My point is my passport says "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", and so does David Coulthard's ;)
Mine says "Kingdom of Puponia", but then I made it myself. I'm working on the UN recognition, but there's a lot of paperwork.

On topic: I'm ok with the front row, in case anyone wondered.

NathanOlder

I guess that makes sense, 1 last thing though, Do you know why Dario Franchitti runs the Scottish Flag, but the other British drivers in Indy Car run the Union Jack and not the St Georges cross?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Shrieker

Just a matter of preference ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

beelsebob
beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:I guess that makes sense, 1 last thing though, Do you know why Dario Franchitti runs the Scottish Flag, but the other British drivers in Indy Car run the Union Jack and not the St Georges cross?
Yes, he's from both Scotland and Great Britain, he can reasonably use either, as can the other drivers. His choice was to show off how proud he is of the bumpy bit in the north, their choice was to show off how proud they are of all the bits of Britain, doesn't stop them still being british.

Fiox
Fiox

To explain the situaton about the UK properly here's a nice neat video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10

As for why the indiviual consituents compete seperately (and therefore use different flags) is to do with politics and is rather touchy. Two of the four have major pro-independence (one of which has a majority and upcoming secession/independence referendum).

Just getting the 4 states to play football under the same flag is nearly impossible.

muz
muz

Just to touch on the whole home nations thing my biggest issue is with some countries calling Britain -England the worst example was when i was in America on holiday and seen an advert for upcoming tennis, calling Andy Murray "England's finest" Urgh!

Back on topic apparently the issue with mclaren at scrutinising was the front wing at the wrong height (from maxis news) But if this was so why did it take so long to measure it?

siskue2005

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Mestrades wrote:Now do you realize how unfortunate that is the Mercedes? From Australia that I warned you. However, all of you have ignored my comments. Now, your fall is harder than mine!
Confirmed what I said, now I just need to confirm that Mercedes will be the seventh team this year, they will not get any podium and obviously, no victory, and I dare to say that Mercedes will get hurt the image of Michael and his comeback will have been a disaster because of this team, Mercedes.
Ferrari had this problem last year and they were not able to fix it during all year. Mercedes is a team with less economic potential than Ferrari, so I am convinced that they will not solve the fault. In fact, I think that they dont know what problem they have, because each version of statements that I can read is different. In brief, a pathetic team.
:lol: :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLvnSmC5s5s[/youtube]

raymondu999

That was a fantastic vid! :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

raymondu999 wrote:That was a fantastic vid! :lol:
"Family guy" is simply amazing :lol:

bhall
bhall

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

avatar wrote:p.s. what's T-ball?
(This is just a random image I found to answer the question, but that kid has remarkable form. Eyes on the ball, front arm extended, weight back, perfect pivot.)

(Thank God baseball season is imminent.)

Pup
Pup

bhallg2k wrote:
avatar wrote:p.s. what's T-ball?
(This is just a random image I found to answer the question, but that kid has remarkable form. Eyes on the ball, front arm extended, weight back, perfect pivot.)
...and appears to have missed the ball entirely. Image

chepoi
chepoi

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
bobohob wrote:crucial, Malaysia is not in Singapore!!!! :P
Yeah sorry I didn't mean to type Singapore. Although Singapore air density is higher in Singapore than Malaysia if I'm not mistaken. :)
**OFF TOPIC**

FYI:

if you travel...
from start finish line in Singapore circuit to the start finish line in Sepang circuit... is about 330km south of Sepang!!!!

if YOU drive there from Sepang circuit to Singapore circuit... You'll be there in less than 4 hours by car through the highway..... but you'll be there in 1.5 hour if you drive the HRT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the direction from google map...
Sepang International Circuit
Klia
Pahang
1. Head southwest on Jalan Kuarters Klia toward Jalan Pekeliling
650 m
2. Make a U-turn at Jalan Pekeliling
3.4 km
3. Turn left onto B48
2.4 km
4. Turn right toward N28
400 m
5. Continue straight onto N28
4.5 km
6. Turn right onto N38
19.3 km
7. Turn right onto Jalan Sg Ujong
170 m
8. Take the ramp onto Lebuhraya Utara - Selatan
263 km
9. Exit onto Lebuhraya Tebrau
6.6 km
10. Take the exit toward Jalan Wadi Hassan
28 m
11. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Jalan Wadi Hassan
300 m
12. Turn left onto Jalan Wadi Hassan
25 m
13. Take the ramp to Jalan Lingkaran Dalam
170 m
14. Slight right onto Jalan Lingkaran Dalam
290 m
15. Slight left onto Jalan Yahya Aldatar
270 m
16. Continue onto Sultan Iskandar Ciq Jb - Singapore
Entering Singapore
1.9 km
17. Continue onto Causeway
2.0 km
18. Continue onto Bukit Timah Expy
Partial toll road
10.1 km
19. Take exit 1 to merge onto Pan Island Expy/PIE
Partial toll road
6.2 km
20. Take exit 17D toward Toa Payoh
130 m
21. Keep left at the fork to continue toward Thomson Rd
350 m
22. Turn right onto Thomson Rd
1.9 km
23. Continue onto Keng Lee Rd
400 m
24. Continue onto Kampong Java Rd
350 m
25. Slight left onto Bukit Timah Rd
600 m
26. Continue onto Sungei Rd
400 m
27. Continue onto Ophir Rd
Partial toll road
1.1 km
28. Slight left onto Republic Blvd
Toll road
150 m
29. Turn right to stay on Republic Blvd
650 m
30. Continue onto Raffles Ave
350 m
31. Turn left onto Bayfront Ave
500 m
32. Take the 1st right to stay on Bayfront Ave
19 m

Marina Bay Sands
4 Bayfront Avenue
Singapore 018973

WhiteBlue

Re: Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

Schumacher is pretty sun burned like he spend some time on his island in Dubai.

Too bad he can't commute there every day. It's a bit far for a helicopter ride. Although you can't totally exclude that he could do it. Sakhir has an airstrip behind the circuit and "The World" is 5 min from Dubai International by heli. With a privat jet all day on standby it is probably not much more commuting time than Sakhir/Manama.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 20 Apr 2012, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

xpensive
xpensive

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

Hmm...I'm getting this strange taste of Nomex in my mouth...funny texture at that.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"