Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Final 2010 Entry List & 2011 Tender

2011 will be the first year under resource restrictions. According to AMuS all teams will have to cap human resources at 350 heads. Anything bought in in terms of parts, development or services is limited to 20 mil $. That will not stop the rich teams to exploit their higher 2010 resource level to build a stronger 2011 car though, but the light at the end of the tunnel is nearer.

Teams that also act as engine manufacturers have additional resources.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Miguel
Miguel

WhiteBlue wrote:2011 will be the first year under resource restrictions[...]
Let's hope it works, and let's hope teams don't find too substantial loopholes. The amount of money that Toyota spent without anything close to a decent result is insane. Look again at chaparral's figures. 400 bloody millions for one podium? Or was it two?. To be honest, the turd also known as R29 was not much more cost effective.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

hecti
hecti

WhiteBlue wrote:2011 will be the first year under resource restrictions. According to AMuS all teams will have to cap human resources at 350 heads. Anything bought in in terms of parts, development or services is limited to 20 mil $. That will not stop the rich teams to exploit their higher 2010 resource level to build a stronger 2011 car though, but the light at the end of the tunnel is nearer.

Teams that also act as engine manufacturers have additional resources.
I really hate this, looking at the budgets from last year, even FI will have to make cuts, its so stupid

If you cant take the heat, gtfo!

WhiteBlue

Aston Martin not in a bid for F1
Dave Richards wrote:Our current focus is on Prodrive's return to the World Rally Championship in 2011, and that alone takes significant resource to design and develop a totally new car. At the same time, we continue to expand our activities with Aston Martin in all categories of sports-car racing in the U.S., Europe and at Le Mans.
We also have a full V8 Supercar series to contest in Australia with Ford, which together with further investment in advanced vehicle technologies for road-car applications creates a very demanding agenda for the business.
Taking on the challenge of starting a brand-new Formula One team, finding the necessary funding and developing the car from scratch is a massive undertaking and not to be under estimated. As expected, we've witnessed the financial and technical challenges that the new teams have faced this year in just getting to the grid, let alone being competitive. And whilst I have enormous admiration for their efforts, I don't believe this is an appropriate strategy for Prodrive or Aston Martin to adopt.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010041 ... z0lBX9qmcQ

Lola is following Prodrive
Lola said on Thursday, the deadline to express interest in the 2011 team spot, that "it will not pursue an entry application" this time around.

Owner Martin Birrane said the originally proposed 2010 budget cap and performance-balancing rules were "perfect for Lola", noting that the regulations are in actuality quite different.

"Sadly our well developed 2010 F1 project, which included a significant wind tunnel programme, had to be frozen in June 2009.

"The recently announced applications for 2011 has left us with insufficient time to prepare for what would be a quite different programme," he added.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zgred

Todt Jr. To Launch F1 Team Bid With ART GP

So at this moment who we have for 13th slot?
Durango
Epsilon Euskadi
Stefan GP
American Cypher Group
ART GP

Pandamasque

EE and ART have the most cerdibility as racing teams. But as far as choosing a constructor it should be an easy win for EE.

JGomezH
JGomezH

Last rumor.

A possible join between HRT & EE if EE loses slot.

Link (in spanish)
http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/artic ... dep_10/Tes

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

From what i have been hearing is that there is gonna be at least 9 bids for the FIA to choose from, only about 3 of the bids will be credible enough for the 13th spot.

I am looking at it that if EE get in they will use Cosworth power, leaving HRT to look to source Renault power.
I am thinking that if ART gets in they will look to source either Renault or Ferarri power, most probably Ferarri if they get Jules Bianci as one of their drivers.
Durango, Stefan and anyothers at current dont have a chance.

What we need is a team that has demonstrated in a lower formulae that they have the technichal exelence and means, not to mention the financial support to succeed in F1. Id sat that EE are the current leaders, and the one thing they have going for them is their factory, id say its up there with McLaren for what it has, and if they do come in i think they will be much closer to the ultimate pace than the three teams that made it this year, who will be much closer next year, Lotus and Virgin especially.

WhiteBlue

15 teams apply for final F1 grid place
Racing series F1
Date 2010-05-26
By Motorsport.com/GMM

No less than 15 teams have applied for the final place on the 2011 Formula One grid.

Italian website 422race.com reports that the governing FIA has now written to all those who expressed interest in the place made vacant by the demise of USF1.

June 21 has been set as the deadline for the teams' actual application and dossier, at which time EUR12,750 must be paid.

The frontrunners must be successful GP2 team ART, headed by FIA president Jean Todt's son Nicolas, and the Spanish Le Mans competitor Epsilon Euskadi.

422race.com claims that more than one team may be selected by the FIA, in case HRT or Sauber run further into financial trouble.
So there are more applications than expected but the front runners are still likely to be EE and ART.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I think EE should be nominated to enter in 2011, their campaign seems to be a lot more serious than ART, especially with Nicolas Todt being so casual and laid back about whether they are chosen or not. And he's already complaining about the costs.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I really hope Epsilion get in as we need a good well resourced and backed team in technical back ground and finance to get in.

I really hope they can come in with a good engine as well, as the rumor im hearing is that Williams are ready to ditch Cosworth and go with Renault and risk the potential supply issues they may have to put up with.

Renault may have to supply as many as 4 teams nest year if that rumor is true, they would have to supply their works team, Red Bull, Williams and potentially Epsilon as they could want to come in with Renault as they have links with Renault from WSBR.

Engine supply for next year is up in the air at present, but id expect it to resemble something like this:

Mercedes: Mercedes, McLaren & Force India
Renault: Renault, Red Bull & Williams
Ferarri: Ferarri, Toro Rosso & Sauber
Cosworth: Lotus, Virgin
TBC: New Team, Hispania (Who, if ART dont get in, could source the 2011 updated Toyota TF110 for next year, whitch would also include the Toyota RVX-10 engines and potentially a driver as well)

Next year is already looking pretty good, but still too many if's-and-buts to comment properly.

WhiteBlue

Williams have rejected the Renault rumors. The new team can use Renault or Cosworth IMO. Lets wait and see what they will do. It will be a good indication how the market is developing.

lebesset
lebesset

13 teams

have I missed something here ?
has the extra team for next year been decided

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83932
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: 13 teams

The number of teams is very likely to have an impact on the tyre manufactirer. Whoever supplies the tyres will want to ensure that they have the manufacturing and support capabilities for 13 teams rather than 12. I dare say that on the financial side, the tyre manufacturer(s) will want some assurance that the 13th team is not some no-hoper that disappears halfway through the season.
Last edited by Steven on 30 May 2010, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated to make some sense after merging threads

WhiteBlue

Re: 13 teams

lebesset wrote:have I missed something here ?
has the extra team for next year been decided
The F1 world championship was meant for 13 teams this year and obviously for the next year as well. So tyre considerations obviously have to be made for 13 teams and that was the core of Bernie's remark.