Telemetry Snooping

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Belatti
Belatti

Re: Telemetry Snooping

Ciro Pabón wrote: I suppose that the figure of 500 Hz Belatti gives is based in some kind of link he has used, so I wonder what's the difference.
The figure I gave was a guess (I´ll quote myself)
Belatti wrote: I guess F1 telemetry is picking up data from various sensors at arround 500Hz, so the bandwidth must be a thing to have in mind.
This guess was based on the minimum sample rate common mortals like me use to record data from some sensors such like dampers. The system I use goes till 200Hz max. I guessed they would use 500Hz and above... well, they are pretty above that.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

WhiteBlue

carvetia wrote: @WB

Thanks for the link. Do you think teams still use a satellite feed? For me it would seem somewhat redundant as surely high speed internet connections must permeate all F1 paddocks by now (ok maybe not Spa :P). A pit-base VPN would be ever so easy, most likely faster and definitely cheaper.
That seems to make sense. Satellites seem to be used by broadcasters, the military, on aircraft and ships nowadays.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

autogyro
autogyro

USFI will be using FAX.