Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
alelanza
alelanza

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

myurr wrote: although it's hard to know how much Red Bull 'blitzed' them in turn 8 as the McLaren's were running in the dirty air after all. I'm sure Red Bull held a bit of an advantage there in the race, but it was possibly exaggerated by the McLaren's following in their wake.
In one of the FPs, #3 i think, the RB's corner 8 apex speed was around 17 km/h quicker than anyone else bar Kubica's. Not sure how it was in the race though.
Alejandro L.

raymondu999

Wouldn't qually sector times help to spit out some of the facts on this though?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

:roll:
Last edited by Blackout on 03 Jun 2010, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

marcush.
marcush.

raymondu999 wrote:
Robert_Kubica wrote:Where was RK looking at top speed in Turkey? I know RK had third fastest speed into apex curve 8...
Couldn't you have seen it right on your steering wheel? Honor to speak to you, btw :P
kubica one of the fastest in spit of having a long in service engine:

Race:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/erge ... 71ts.shtml

Qualy:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/erge ... 51ts.shtml

engine usage:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/erge ... 7/76.shtml

ringo

turns 1 to 10 is all redbull. I think their car has the best traction exiting slow corners. They should be able to hold off the Mclarens through half of the track.

Mclaren only have the rest of the track as an advantage. I am not sure how much of the f duct can be used in the little 7-8 straight and the 9 to 10. They are going to need to turn it off to use all the downforce for braking.

One thing i am interested in is the chicane. :lol: Wonder how Vettel fares through it. There is speculation that chicanes aren't his strong point. Guess we have to wait and see.
The HRT looks like the #1 candidate to scrub the wall of champions as well.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Yes that's been some talking point... that he's not too good at chicanes. But then he won at Suzuka, and Abu Dhabi, which had chicanes. Also at Monza, which is just straights and chicanes, really. Except that he cut the chicanes quite a bit though. I remember he was warned "we've been warned. 1 more cutting and we have a drivethrough"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

One off my favourite tracks! Monaco was another... :) Wonder how the R30 will cope with it?
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

ringo wrote:turns 1 to 10 is all redbull. I think their car has the best traction exiting slow corners. They should be able to hold off the Mclarens through half of the track.
Looking back to Turkey though, I think that wasn't necessarily the case. McLaren was able to close up considerably through the short run between the slow-ish turns and thats kinda what entire Circuit GV is like, and it does not have that turn 8 where RBR had an advantage. And looking at how Red Bull didn't do too well in the damp condition in China I think McLaren is pretty good in the traction department. It doesn't seem to like bumps too much though and Canada might be bad for that being a temporary course in harsh climate, but without the downforce requirement maybe McLaren can run softer suspension setup...

WhiteBlue

I think that Canada is mainly a reliability and performance test for the brakes. McLaren are much better there than Red Bull. Red Bull already had brake failures this year and unless they have made significant improvements they could be suffering again. Hopefully the problems will be a bit more evenly distributed over the drivers.

I want Sebastian to win and Webber behind him wherever he manages to get. I certainly hope that the tarmac remains intact at the Senna hairpin and that Vettel keeps off the wall of champions until he made WDC 2010. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

I'd love to see a Red Bull 1-2 actually. I have a weird feeling they'll pull something out of the bag. Sure it's got long straights and very few fast corners, but you never know. We thought a McLaren was going to get pole in Malaysia and China. BUT it didn't happen.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

adam2007
adam2007

I predict 3 safety cars, most exciting race of season!

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I am hoping for lots of action at turn 6 and 7...since thats where my seat is...lol

Donuts

RK said that Canada will be a good circuit for the R30. Somebody earlier wrote that it's not so much about downforce but mechanical grip, many slow corner and one straight(the other one is to short to use F-Duct(?))... kind of like Monaco... 8) =D>
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

Can someone please change this guy's username? It's 1 thing to have say, "vettelfan" or "kubicafan" as a username, but a driver's name as a username is pushing itw
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:Can someone please change this guy's username? It's 1 thing to have say, "vettelfan" or "kubicafan" as a username, but a driver's name as a username is pushing itw
Ehh... why is that bothering you? Never mind, this forum is for technical disscusions. That's what I'm sticking to!
The mind of Alain Prost.