Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999 wrote:Can someone please change this guy's username? It's 1 thing to have say, "vettelfan" or "kubicafan" as a username, but a driver's name as a username is pushing itw
So what hapens if a user has a name then an F1 driver with the same name comes along. Does the user have to change their name? :lol:

Donuts

andrew wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Can someone please change this guy's username? It's 1 thing to have say, "vettelfan" or "kubicafan" as a username, but a driver's name as a username is pushing itw
So what hapens if a user has a name then an F1 driver with the same name comes along. Does the user have to change their name? :lol:
Aha, now I see, he's reserving a spot for the "real" Robert Kubica! :wink: Don't have to high hopes! :D Enough, let's stick to the subject...
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

It's highly bothering in the sense that there can be some instances where it seems like you're impersonating the driver. Point in question:
Robert_Kubica wrote:One off my favourite tracks! Monaco was another... :) Wonder how the R30 will cope with it?
Sounds like one of those Fake F1 people on twitter, only on a forum based spin lol
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet
Giblet

Looks like I found a place to stay. A room for rent, one metro station away from the track. God price, and a lockable room in someone else's home has more appeal than staying in yet another hotel.

The day is drawing near.... who wants to meet for beers? :)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Well done. Your perserverance paid of you lucky swine you!! =D>

Professor
Professor

Giblet, I'll be in Montreal and would meet for beers, but I am an infrequent poster and as such do not "rate."

jon-mullen

We already established there aren't many of us going, Prof, so I'm assuming the feeler invitation wasn't just for the cool kids. :lol:

If I'm right then I'm also interested.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:It's highly bothering in the sense that there can be some instances where it seems like you're impersonating the driver. Point in question:
Robert_Kubica wrote:One off my favourite tracks! Monaco was another... :) Wonder how the R30 will cope with it?
Sounds like one of those Fake F1 people on twitter, only on a forum based spin lol
Ehh? Well, somebody joked around with me and I joked back(once). But writing things like that.. You like provoking people? That's what "Fake F1 people" on twitter do, beacuse they don't have anything else to do. :shock:
Last edited by Donuts on 04 Jun 2010, 10:20, edited 2 times in total.
The mind of Alain Prost.

Blackout

Robert_Kubica wrote:RK said that Canada will be a good circuit for the R30. Somebody earlier wrote that it's not so much about downforce but mechanical grip, many slow corner and one straight(the other one is to short to use F-Duct(?))... kind of like Monaco... 8) =D>
The R30 will be very strong in Montreal; it has all the qualities that track requires and excels in those areas.
It has a competitive top speed, a very driveable engine, motricity, agility, suspensions and and an aero that absorb bumps and curbs very well...
Its only weakness (lack of downoforce) is negligible in Montreal.
So I think it will be even more competitive than in Monaco...
But the concurrence will be very taught, th others also have competitive cars in this kind of circuits... I think Ferrari and Red Bull will be the most dangerous ones.

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

donskar wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:
dannyteasdale wrote:Ratatouille - Whats the views on the MP4-25 for the Canadian GP - Thinking strong/weak - where will it excel?
I think they will be in a league of their own in Canada. I also expect Renault to do especially well there, given their high numbers thru the speed traps.
Question: do both of you assume that Red Bull will NOT have an effective f duct for Canada? IF they do, that should help cut McL's top end advantage.
Im not sure - I never implied they wouldn't have one.

The question was directed at the MP4-25.

Im not going to under estimate the RedBulls but I'm hoping they don't have an effective one! or have one but is not effective!

Donuts

Will Mercedes stick to their long chassis in Montreal? Have'nt heard anything on that subject...
The mind of Alain Prost.

lebesset
lebesset

giblet , delighted to hear you are sorted

did I imagine it or are you an F1 virgin ?

montreal may not be monaco or spa or silverstone but it certainly looks to be one of the more interesting circuits with an individual character

bonne weekend
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

mach11
mach11

i hope the force india cars show some strong running before they reach SPA and Italy,
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

raymondu999

Robert_Kubica wrote:Will Mercedes stick to their long chassis in Montreal? Have'nt heard anything on that subject...
On a more serious note :P I don't see why not. I think the track benefits cars with good traction (I could be wrong) and I do believe that that lwb w01 improves the traction as it moves some weight rearwards.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

adam2007 wrote:I predict 3 safety cars, most exciting race of season!
Please no rain, no safety cars and no crashes! We need a dry uninterrupted race and hopefully we can compare the two Red Bull drivers for speed with undamaged cars.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)