My 2010 Data Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Re: My 2010 Data Thread

ESPImperium wrote:Full Singapore update:
Maybe I'm an idiot, but how can the probability for an accident be over 100%?

747heavy

I will let people draw there own conclutions, depending on there prefered driver, just some observations.

- it shows again, that overtaking is still difficult, and that some cars/drivers are able to hold up a whole bunch of other cars/drivers (nothing new here)

- Lotus is clealy a step ahead of the other new teams at this track (race pace wise),
still Trulli was stuck a while in the HRT/Virgin train, before he could lap faster then them

- but even Lotus is still a fair step away from the pace of STR

- this track (good aero efficiency/DF needed) the difference between the new and the top/midfield teams is staggering. They have still a long way to go

- if not for the gearbox problem and for being stuck behind Button, Hamilton would have been able to challenge Alonso. If he would have overtaken him, is a different matter, and remains to be seen - IMO

- Button did not had the speed, to challenge the other top cars, while in front he cold not produce the laptimes the others could to. (everybody is/was closing in on him)

- MGP`s strategy with M.S. is a bit questionable, it may have cost them a 5th place finish, as L.H. car developed it´s gearbox problem, could have made for an entertaining few laps. M.S. battling with L.H.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Heres the final Quali data for 2010:

DIRECT LINK: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/I ... INAL11.jpg

(Tracks with the red underline at the base axix are the anomoly tracks, and can be discredited for the main part due to freak quali conditions.

And final Chassis details for 2010 as well, with some intresting results:

DIRECT LINK: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/I ... sFINAL.jpg