Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

There changed it! Thought it was pretty obvious to everyone but hey-ho.... :roll:

donskar
donskar

Hoping for another Alonso-Mass 1-2, but I'm most interested in:

Will Massa pout or try to prove he is as good as/better than Alonso?
Will Vettel show more maturity? Will Webber bounce back?
Can McLaren sort out their problems? (I never count them out)
Can another team break into the top 3?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Goran2812
Goran2812

so many questions!!! can't wait for the weekend now!!! argh!
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

marcush.
marcush.

hey we are much divided in our perception regarding macs and Ferrari then..

will a long wheelbase hurt that much on this track? Montecarlo was even tighter than this and still both cars had decent speed ,Macswas abit further down the order ,thats what i would expect...but still top 10
but I don´t see Mercedes making any inroads towards the front ,but surprises are welcome here.

dougskullery
dougskullery

It's been written time and time again that the difference in wheelbase between the longest and shortest cars on the grid will have a negligible impact on whether they favour higher or lower speed corners. Move on, people, it's not an issue worth discussing!

aral
aral

Forecast. Rain on Friday, Storm on Saturday, and fine on Sunday. Temps on each day 27/28 degrees.

mrp5150

Re: Hungarian GP 2010 - Budapest

raymondu999 wrote:yep. Renault and McLaren, the mechanical kings. Mclaren have won the last two races here. Heikki in 2008, and Lewis in 2009. But somehow McLaren seems to have lost its mechanical edge this year?
Heikki only won that race because Massa blew an engine with 2 or 3 laps to go. He was nowhere near the lead. He was well over 20-30 seconds behind if I remember correctly.

marcush.
marcush.

but they have retained Hamilton...and Kubica is having his almost home gp

godlameroso

mrp5150 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:yep. Renault and McLaren, the mechanical kings. Mclaren have won the last two races here. Heikki in 2008, and Lewis in 2009. But somehow McLaren seems to have lost its mechanical edge this year?
Heikki only won that race because Massa blew an engine with 2 or 3 laps to go. He was nowhere near the lead. He was well over 20-30 seconds behind if I remember correctly.
Actually Kovalinen was breathing down Massa's neck almost the whole time. I believe it was the pressure that he was putting on Massa, that forced Massa to overdrive the engine and it went boom.
Saishū kōnā

donskar
donskar

dougskullery wrote:It's been written time and time again that the difference in wheelbase between the longest and shortest cars on the grid will have a negligible impact on whether they favour higher or lower speed corners. Move on, people, it's not an issue worth discussing!
+1 Worth repeating. Sometimes common sense and engineering reality are at cross prposes.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Richard
Richard

I've just seen what must be candidate for the non-news story of the season:
BBC News wrote:Williams will run some new aerodynamic parts during Friday practice for Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 858420.stm
To be fair, the Williams press release does make a valid point that they need to make up for the lack of testing last week due to bad weather at Hockenheim.

Super racing
Super racing

godlameroso wrote:
mrp5150 wrote:
Actually Kovalinen was breathing down Massa's neck almost the whole time. I believe it was the pressure that he was putting on Massa, that forced Massa to overdrive the engine and it went boom.
Incorrect, Massa maintained a 3+ sec gap to Hamilton until HAM had a puncture on lap 41, by that time HK was 23.704 seconds behind Massa. Massa turned it down and led HK by 5.876 sec just before his engine let go on the last lap.

There was no pressure by HK, just a blown tire and then a blown engine that gifted him his first and only win thusfar.

ringo

6 seconds is still close.
For Sure!!

Super racing
Super racing

In hungary, with so many turns, you would not even see a car in your mirrors thatis 6 seconds behind. Are they even on the long straight for 6 seconds?

There was no pressure, just a Lucky win.

godlameroso

I don't see the Red Bulls as being very fast here, there's only two corners where their downforce can play a role, in turn 4 and turn 11. Turns 8 & 9 are medium speed corners, the Renault and Ferrari will be very strong there. The rest of the lap consists of braking while turning, and low speed sweeping turns, Mclaren will do well there.
Saishū kōnā