Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GTO

Re: Hungarian GP 2010 - Hungaroring

n smikle wrote:I won't bother to post anything new about this track, i will just copy and paste what I said last year it should still apply. 8)
n smikle wrote:Going out on a limb, to say: this is a Race for Mcalaren and Lewis Hamilton. Slow track (next to Monaco) and high downforce. Watch and see Hamilton's first Pole position and win of the 2009 season.

Remember this well!
I don't think it's going to happen mate!
1) the Macs don't seem to be suited for high downforce circuits this yr., but perform better for low
2) btw, LH already got his first pole in Canada...low df circuit
3) Red Bull & Ferrari pkg. performing better & are looking much stronger

raymondu999

Ham got his first 2009 pole in Valencia, and he wasn't on pole in Hungary. Falonso was. Lol.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:@GTO - I think the mistake meant was when Mark went too deep into Turn 1 in Qualy 3
You are correct sir! He baked it on his final quali lap.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

raymondu999

Not normally like Mark though, I must say. Mark's a great qualifier. But as Bahrain and Hockenheim showed, sometimes still prone to mistakes. Kinda like his teammate in this manner.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mr Alcatraz

raymondu999 wrote:Not normally like Mark though, I must say. Mark's a great qualifier. But as Bahrain and Hockenheim showed, sometimes still prone to mistakes. Kinda like his teammate in this manner.
Perhaps Mark is not a good example. I wonder if he knew what time Fred put down before his moment? Honestly, I'd like to see Mark or Vettle win the WDC just to have someone new.
I don't think that either one ranks in the top three in terms of ability, and talent. I rate The Boss, Fred, and Kubinski ahead of both, and Button, and Britney as being roughly equal!

marcush.
marcush.

Tazio wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:@GTO - I think the mistake meant was when Mark went too deep into Turn 1 in Qualy 3
the best sector times of qualy do not put evidence to your claims ,he was not matching Vettel insector 2 and 3 for the whole qualy sessions..and could have been
3rd or 4th at best.

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... times.html

Mr Alcatraz

marcush. wrote:
Tazio wrote:
the best sector times of qualy do not put evidence to your claims ,he was not matching Vettel insector 2 and 3 for the whole qualy sessions..and could have been
3rd or 4th at best.

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... times.html
Which claim is that? I was pointing out that mark made a mistake on his last qualy run. If my mind serves me correctly it was in S1. At which point his run was effectively over! Where did I imply that he was as fast or faster than Fred or Seb. I think I implied that he tried very hard (perhaps beyond his limit)!

raymondu999

It wasn't only in S1, it was TURN 1!! He ran deep into the corner, trying to catch a VERY late apex and understeered off, using the runoff area at the exit of turn 1, missing the apex completely
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

and i said his best sector times in S2 and s3 were considerably slower than Vettel and Alonso ..around 3 tenth of a second...so as i said ..he could possibly have got to p3 or p4 but was not matching alonso or vettel in Q.

Richard
Richard

2 pages of discussing Q3 and it is only Wednesday! Or has this thread gone off topic?

Back to topic.

I wonder how much development we'll see this time? Is it too soon to see teams fabricate updates after Hockenheim? Also, they'll be wanting to do the testing here that was planned for Hockenheim but got disrupted by rain.

They could possibly bring some experimental Q3 maps this week because that doesn't require time for fabrication.

Mr Alcatraz

marcush. wrote:and i said his best sector times in S2 and s3 were considerably slower than Vettel and Alonso ..around 3 tenth of a second...so as i said ..he could possibly have got to p3 or p4 but was not matching alonso or vettel in Q.
Thanks for posting the Q times I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was proposing that Mark was as fast as Fred or Seb in anything I posted. I only stated that he threw away his last lap in q3 in the first sector! This exchange between Ray and I was really about what to expect from Mark in qualy on a wet track in Hungary. But let's not squabble. :wink:

WhiteBlue

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1 ... arwick.pdf

Derek Warwick to be the driver steward in Hungary.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

godlameroso

Some tracks suit certain drivers better, others do not. It's been my understanding that Webber has never really gone good at Hockenheim. In fact in the tracks he was strong at with the previous iterations of the Red bull, he simply waltzes away this year. In others like Bahrain, Hockenheim and Canada, which are tracks that require a certain type of manic reaction and finesse he doesn't do too good. Other tracks that require a more deliberate action with sweeping corners where throttle control and ballsiness pay off he seems to do very well in(Silverstone, Spain, Monaco). He might do well here, although I see Vettel having a slight edge. Likewise Alonso's preference for a snappy car with good traction won't work in the sweeping curves. I believe Massa will outperform Alonso in this track just because it plays more to Massa's techniques, not to mention the Super Soft and Medium tires to be used will also suit him more.
Saishū kōnā

WhiteBlue

Massa has sworn that he will not give up a win to Alonso again if he gets ahead in Hungary. That will be worthwhile to watch. So I almost wish that the Ferrari boys do it again, but only almost. Red Bull really should find out what goes wrong with Sebastian's clutch and get their guys back into P1-2.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Richard
Richard

WB - do you have a source for the Massa story? That would be dynamite!