Michael Schumacher not as adaptable as previously thought?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Michael Schumacher not as adaptable as previously though

mp4-19b wrote:
marcush. wrote:you may look into the other vids ,the interviews and you can say he was not aware or could not grasp what had happened ..
Believe me I sat in front of the telly and all went by like a film.. you realised somehow it was severe..but the blood you only saw years later.. so don´t judge the young boy just of his uncontrolled reactions directly after the race..these are extreme situations you need to be mature and seasoned to be able to come up with the proper reaction for TV.
But he could have avoided it if he choose to, if not out of respect for Senna( if he didn't know the news by that time) but for Roland Ratzenberger, who unfortunately succumbed to head & neck injuries during the previous day quali.

Nicola Larini scored the only podium of his entire career, that too driving for the famous #27 Ferrari & it happened to be Imola,but he looked pretty subdued & Mika looked devastated to say the least.

Very unsporting of Schumacher to have done what he did. Not to mention Flavio who seemed as happy.
This is 2010, not 1994. This thread is about the adaptability of Schumacher, not whether or not he could give 2 hoots about Senna. #-o

But to humour you one more time:

Hakkinen was ALWAYS subdued no matter what. Anyway, these guys were racers and would likely have wanted everyone to carry on as normal.

mp4-19b
Location: Vladivostok Region of Primorsky, Russian Federation

This is 2010, not 1994. This thread is about the adaptability of Schumacher, not whether or not he could give 2 hoots about Senna. #-o
Which is very telling of Schumacher. Both as a person & a driver. Especially after Hungary 2010.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Not really, no.

marcush.
marcush.

1994 -2010
may I confront you with things you did 16 years ago and judge you today on ground of what you said or did back then...

But back to Schumachers loss of adaptability..not his possible shortcoming s in terms of character.

mp4-19b
Location: Vladivostok Region of Primorsky, Russian Federation

marcush. wrote:1994 -2010
may I confront you with things you did 16 years ago and judge you today on ground of what you said or did back then...

But back to Schumachers loss of adaptability..not his possible shortcoming s in terms of character.
Fair enough. But I am not a "7 Times World Champion" & no one looks up to me as a role model. I think Schumacher has seriously flopped this year. I know the car W01 is not a car tailor made for him,but you'd expect a "legend" like him to drive around it.

PlatinumZealot

On the grounds of Schumacher's great performance at Spa, HE HAS NO EXCUSE!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

747heavy

mp4-19b wrote:
Which is very telling of Schumacher. Both as a person & a driver. Especially after Hungary 2010.
What has this episod in 1994 to do with Schumacher as a driver?

Why does Schumacher need an excuse? His performance this year is what it is, but why he need an excuse for it?

His performance this year is clearly not earth shaking so far, but it´s not like Mansell in 1995 in a McLaren either, who at the time was and F1 Worldchampion and Indy/Champcar Champion as well.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.
marcush.

mp4-19b wrote:
marcush. wrote:1994 -2010

Fair enough. But I am not a "7 Times World Champion" & no one looks up to me as a role model. I think Schumacher has seriously flopped this year. I know the car W01 is not a car tailor made for him,but you'd expect a "legend" like him to drive around it.
I may remind you he had no title yet when this weekend happened so it has no influence really and I don´t know where you are aiming at with this .You don´t like him .ok with me.you think he should retire .your´not the only one.has his wrong emotions on the rostrum something to do with his adaptivity in the racecar.sure not.end of story .We are not the jury to send him in prison for not being straight faced.

strad

I haven't read back thru all this, but I must say I never thought of Michael as flexible or "adaptable" ever. In fact I always thought of him quite the opposite..I always felt he demanded (in all areas) exactly what he wanted and that nothing else would do.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

siskue2005

mp4-19b wrote:Could someone please explain as to how Michael did this? :shock: adelaide,jerez,spa,monaco all fade in comparison to what he did on this day. How is it even possible to celebrate is beyond me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pihhu5H-X9I[/youtube]
that is a completely edited video and just shows a few seconds were he smiled to some one cheering, i have seen this race and seen how bad he was looking at that time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv3ARjAqioA&NR=1
see this
And frankly speaking no one knew what happened
i have this race on the HDD, if i get time will upload that last part

zeph
zeph

strad wrote:I haven't read back thru all this, but I must say I never thought of Michael as flexible or "adaptable" ever. In fact I always thought of him quite the opposite..I always felt he demanded (in all areas) exactly what he wanted and that nothing else would do.
Funny that, I have always had that impression as well.

marcush.
marcush.

soso ..he came in with a bang really at jordan ..i think he adapted himself quite good to F1 then.
Later at Benetton the whole team tailored the car to his input and after some tim ethe combination was unbeatable ..especially for his teammates.
Same for Ferrari it took him several years to tailor the red car to his liking and then he bagged all those titles.
So apart from him not winning nad worse beaten up by Rosberg more often than not things are normal...

strad

Phil gave a small smile and he KNEW..I don't begrudge him that one bit..It's a hard world.....Hill on the subject of Von Trips death:
Mpeg file..takes a minute to load
http://www.stradsplace.com/VIDEOS/Hillondeath.mpg
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Belatti
Belatti

MS is not adaptable to what he said back in 1995... :roll:

http://grandprix.com/ns/ns00362.html
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

marcush.
marcush.

Belatti wrote:MS is not adaptable to what he said back in 1995... :roll:

http://grandprix.com/ns/ns00362.html

hehehe ..funny isn´t it..and he still seems to have fun with all this public bashing going on..
See he did not mention titles as motivation?
the guy is genuinely a racenut and is purely driven by competition having fun driving at the limit maximising the recources.
I don´t think the adaptibility thing does even bother him.The car does not suit his driving and he does make sure his team does whats needed to get on top of this,his frustration about their failure to do so is already showing..i´m sure Ross has him on his neck all the time..