Italian GP 2010 - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Italian GP 2010 - Monza

I think RedBull has the second highest "undiluted" top speed of any car right now. I say RedBull Pole again!
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

โ˜„๏ธ Myth of the five suns. โ˜„๏ธ

โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
LxVxFxHxN

raymondu999

Define "undiluted."

Anyways. Looking back at Monza 2009's speed trap numbers from qualifying, Mark Webber was fastest. But then again last year's Red Bull seems less draggy than this years, and it was decent/competitive in the speedtraps, not like the RB6 which seems to be an absolute dog in a straight line.

Also, looking at this youtube vid their top speed, is, they say, 351. Have they got something up their sleeves for Monza? :twisted:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66nChx3glE0[/youtube]

As a side note though. Why is Sebastian doing the English simulator videos? He's always done a German language vid, while Mark has always done the English.
ๅคฑ่ดฅ่€…ๆ‰พ็†็”ฑ๏ผŒๆˆๅŠŸ่€…ๆ‰พๆ–นๆณ•

ell66
ell66

n smikle wrote:I think RedBull has the second highest "undiluted" top speed of any car right now. I say RedBull Pole again!
you cant be serious? even with out the f-duct, I'd gurantee that mclaren and force india are comfortably ahead, and most likley ferrari are as well.

raymondu999

I don't think we have any real data to go on for the McLaren without an F-duct. But for the Findia vs Red Bull, in China, Sutil had 309.1 and Vettel 308 at the speedtrap. In Spain, Sutil had 307.3 and Vettel had 302.9

wesley123
wesley123

n smikle wrote:I think RedBull has the second highest "undiluted" top speed of any car right now. I say RedBull Pole again!
So you saying that an cra that is always in the midfield with the trapspeeds is now going on top and the cars who are on top at the trap speeds will now drop down the list? That doesnt sound very likely does it?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

raymondu999

Maybe he means chassis only, ie if the car had no wings.

wesley123
wesley123

Then i still am pretty sure that that wont be the case. Remember that mclaren have run their high downforce pocket whole season long, only canada and spa where a little different, but not even that much, so we can say the mclaren has even more drag to give away then others
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

PlatinumZealot

It's a gut feeling. My senses tell me RedBull on pole.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

โ˜„๏ธ Myth of the five suns. โ˜„๏ธ

โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
LxVxFxHxN

djos

Im inclined to agree, I think they'll bring a decent Low DF package to Monza unlike last year.
"In downforce we trust"

univex
univex

Regarding Renault's fduct on the main plane of the rear wing at Belgium. It seemed to work better than RB's with the same engine. Is two weeks enough time for RBR to build a new rear wing and redirect the fduct flow to the lower element for Monza?

univex
univex

djos wrote:Im inclined to agree, I think they'll bring a decent Low DF package to Monza unlike last year.
The problem they seem to have is taking off downforce because they generate so much with the body itself. Macca generate a much larger portion of their downforce on the wings. All downforce produces drag, Macca have trouble generating enough for most of the tracks but can easily take it off for 3 of them (canada, spa, and monza).

marcush.
marcush.

that tells me that RB is not able to shed drag easily.
but tbh where does the rbr6 look especially draggy compared to its opponents? and what is the downforce inducing elements in their basic car shape?

what we can see they have an extremely clean simple shape- that looks slipperry to me
and their sidepods are not severely sloing down but more grdually compared to others..perhaps an indication of less lift produced ..but apart from this i could only imagine the car itself uses all tolerances to give it more rake in a normal attitude by
having the steped bottom inclined to the max the tolerance is allowing ...and this would prvent them to shed as much df and drab as others?

raymondu999

Yup. But we do know (or we think we do) that it produces odles of downforce. The only real downforce producer is, really, maybe the sharkfin, and probably the vnose.

univex
univex

Downforce in the body is most likely to do with air pressure zones as the car moves through the air. High pressure above the car, and low pressure under neath. This still produces drag, granted though, it is less drag relative to a straight up wing, however it is still drag.

I am not an aero tech however I suspect the strong tight rear end would creat a fair amount of drag though excelent downforce capabilities for a relative low amount of drag.

marcush.
marcush.

to me the key is that RBs design does very well in feeding their downforce producing elements without robbing energy from the flow...
whereas others seem to bend and turn the flow to make it do things the rb looks more it sort of attracts the flow where it can do good for downforce ...beamwing for example...ddd side entry ...there are no opening cluttered all over the car ,no bulges no humps...one single exit to vent the hot air and thats almost it...