Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: Japanese GP 2010 - Suzuka

Hockenheim was a pretty fast track and Ferrari won there as well. Degner curve is a tricky but lower speed version on the first corner in hockenheim

The esses and the Dunlop curve are really the only place the rb6 has an advantage
Saishū kōnā

ringo

turn 1 and 2 as well, a whole lot of time there for redbull.
I think they can do it flat.
For Sure!!

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

rain is forecast for qualifying but sunny for race day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5007

forty-two

Possibly not a factor, but it's worth noting that McLaren have won more races at Suzuka than any other constructor (8) with Ferrari in 2nd place (7).
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

kalinka
kalinka

I can't rule out any of the top 3 teams here, but just statistically viewing, this year neither of the top teams could enjoy a long winning streak, so bad luck is going to get Ferrari soon. RBR and McLaren had enough of it recently :) So I espect a RBR/McLaren fight.
McLaren is bringing a massive upgrade here, and that is somewhat desperate, but can make a difference if they get it right ( they're certainly capable to do it), but if they fail, it'll be almost the end of the game.
So I hope they will do it right :)

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Not sure how you think Red Bull have been unlucky recently. If anything, Webber was extremely lucky to finish the race at Singapore.

WhiteBlue

Gerhard Berger wrote:Webber was extremely lucky to finish the race at Singapore.
+1
Seb is now due for some of the good stuff at Suzuka! :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

WhiteBlue wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:Webber was extremely lucky to finish the race at Singapore.
+1
Seb is now due for some of the good stuff at Suzuka! :wink:
I hope to see a repeat of Suzuka 2009 :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kalinka
kalinka

Gerhard Berger wrote:Not sure how you think Red Bull have been unlucky recently. If anything, Webber was extremely lucky to finish the race at Singapore.

I mean not strictly for not finishing races, just the lack of winning/top 3 finish. If you consider top3 teams , anything out of top 3 finish is not considered good.

Hungary : Complete McLaren messup.
SPA : Vettel/Button collision
Monza : Hamilton out / Vettel 4th / Vettel 6th.
Singapore : Hamilton out / Button 4th.

I just mean for above results. It's time now for McLaren to show something :)

raymondu999

There were 2 Vettels in Monza? :o :p
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

adam2007
adam2007

cumon fernando!!!!!!!!!

kalinka
kalinka

raymondu999 wrote:There were 2 Vettels in Monza? :o :p

ok. my mistake. Webber. Too fast posting :)

horse

Gerhard Berger wrote:rain is forecast for qualifying but sunny for race day:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5007
Ian Fergusson's Blog goes into further detail. This is his forecast for Saturday:
Some models currently offer a pretty grim story, in terms of both rainfall accumulation and pretty windy conditions (depending on the exact positioning of the low centre) as the day unfolds. As soil moisture deficit continues to shrink, substantial run-off and standing water could become a real issue around the circuit at some stages during the day. Exactly how the potential phases with the track sessions on Saturday isn't reliably defined at this range (inevitably there will prove crucial shifts in the evolution and model output... we're talking about safely forecasting 1-hr windows here, over an area of just a few square miles, a few days ahead!). So, timing will be critical as the model continuity improves: i.e., will conditions possibly worsen ahead of qualifying, or after? It's impossible at this range to offer proper judgement. However, a possibility of undriveable (red-flagged) weather cannot be wholly discounted at this stage, albeit presently considered a fairly low risk.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

djos

Webber FTW, Nando 2nd, Jenson 3rd, Lewis and Seb to take each other out at the 1st corner. :D
"In downforce we trust"

zeph
zeph

If I were a betting man, I'd say Vettel/Webber/Alonso.

But I am not...