Abu Dhabi GP 2010 - Yas Marina Circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
King Six
King Six

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2010 - Yas Marina Circuit

Ferrari ought to be much stronger here for this circuit. They should be, in theory, quite close to the Red Bulls here. Not sure about pole, I think Alonso might sneak onto the front row of the grid nonetheless.

I think the grid will be VET ALO WEB HAM with the race result being something like that too

marcush.
marcush.

it´s the last race of the year..no wonder nobody has a bag of fresh unused engines left.
That is in no ways a special situation .I did not think this season needs artificial tension by questioning engine life left ...

Goran2812
Goran2812

just read on Gpupdate.net
Horner is changing his story yet again!
After saying that there will be "team orders" in Abu Dhabi, meaning, Vettel will move over for Webber if he has a chance of wining the WDC, the new story is that there will be
no team orders and it's, I quote "All left to the drivers to decide!"
I think no good can come out of this for Red Bull, Webber or Vettel...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

godlameroso

Abu-dhabi is basically straights and slow second gear turns, most if not all the fast bits are done flat out. I think Mclaren will win here, this track seems made for their car
Saishū kōnā

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

godlameroso wrote:Abu-dhabi is basically straights and slow second gear turns, most if not all the fast bits are done flat out. I think Mclaren will win here, this track seems made for their car
how so?

raymondu999

omar2726 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:More, i bet any one of You all my money, that even likes of Alonso, Hamilton and other highly rated drivers simply could not win WDC without fast enough car.
I guess you didn't remember Alonso's Renault days. How about Rosberg? He's not in a champ winning car, but he's getting noticed! How about Kubica? Honestly I didn't notice Webber before 2009.
Also, don't forget that the F10 is still behind the pace of the RB6. The McLaren also. Hands down, RBR deserves the Constructor's title. But Webber or Vettel should have bagged the driver's title long ago.

Cheers

WHOA!! This was NOT me. Please make sure you quote properly.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

Goran2812 wrote:just read on Gpupdate.net
Horner is changing his story yet again!
After saying that there will be "team orders" in Abu Dhabi, meaning, Vettel will move over for Webber if he has a chance of wining the WDC, the new story is that there will be
no team orders and it's, I quote "All left to the drivers to decide!"
I think no good can come out of this for Red Bull, Webber or Vettel...

Horner is being smart here and using the same line as what Ferrari did after Hockenheim, they cannot admit that they will use team orders....otherwise Ferrari International Assistance might DSQ them 8)

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Gerhard Berger wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Abu-dhabi is basically straights and slow second gear turns, most if not all the fast bits are done flat out. I think Mclaren will win here, this track seems made for their car
how so?
Mercedes V8/F-duct and good under braking with decent traction out of slower corners.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:
how so?
Mercedes V8/F-duct and good under braking with decent traction out of slower corners.
F-duct provides little, if any advantage at this stage of the season for Mclaren. All the other teams have a fully developed F-duct now. Regarding heavy braking and traction, Ferrari are stronger there, and probably Red Bull aswell.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

No doubt Ferrari will be stronger relative Red Bull. But Mclaren will appear rejuvenated at this track. Hamilton will be able to challenge, because the Mclaren is a better package at Abu Dhabi than it was at Brazil.

The car is good in terms of "straightline" performance. Braking, accelerating and top end. However there are question about it tyre management and also downforce. The latter not really as big an issue at this track as it was in Brazil.

Not saying they will win, because I think Red Bull or Ferrari are still that much quicker. But They will be faster here.
David Purley

netoperek
netoperek

Omar, i wasn't trying to prove that Webber was better than few others, neighter that he was faultless. I'm not a fan of Webber in any case, too ;) I do consider few other drivers on the grid to be slightly better than others as well. I just disagree with statements that WB or any other driver on the grid isn't worthy to be Champion despite his score at the end of the season. I apologize for the tone of my previous post, of course everybody has right to have their own opinion ;]

omar2726

raymondu999 wrote:WHOA!! This was NOT me. Please make sure you quote properly.
I have no idea how your name landed there, I just clicked "quote". Lol. Sorry mate. :)
netoperek wrote:Omar, i wasn't trying to prove that Webber was better than few others, neighter that he was faultless. I'm not a fan of Webber in any case, too ;) I do consider few other drivers on the grid to be slightly better than others as well. I just disagree with statements that WB or any other driver on the grid isn't worthy to be Champion despite his score at the end of the season. I apologize for the tone of my previous post, of course everybody has right to have their own opinion ;]
No damage done. :)
Is the glass half empty or half full?
Engineer - "The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

Sean H
Sean H

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:No doubt Ferrari will be stronger relative Red Bull. But Mclaren will appear rejuvenated at this track. Hamilton will be able to challenge, because the Mclaren is a better package at Abu Dhabi than it was at Brazil.

The car is good in terms of "straightline" performance. Braking, accelerating and top end. However there are question about it tyre management and also downforce. The latter not really as big an issue at this track as it was in Brazil.

Not saying they will win, because I think Red Bull or Ferrari are still that much quicker. But They will be faster here.
one of the longest full throttle stints in F1 and Mclaren did not have the speed in Brazil, what will be different in Abu Dhabi? Lewis even asked if his f duct waas working their cars were so slow. I think others have caught up to their only advantage which was straight line speed.

I think it will be Alonso vs Vettel if RBR allows Vettel to race.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Sean H wrote: Lewis even asked if his f duct waas working their cars were so slow. I think others have caught up to their only advantage which was straight line speed.

I think it will be Alonso vs Vettel if RBR allows Vettel to race.

Yes I got that transmission, Im hanging out on a limb here but Mclaren possibly had higher downforce setup. Mclaren have done it before, sacrificing a little of their advantage to make up for their lack of downforce.

And Webber also ahs a major part to play in Abu Dhabi, more so than Vettel I would say.
David Purley

segedunum
segedunum

The Red Bulls went very well last year so you'd have to say they're a shoe-in for a 1-2 this weekend. Alonso is trying to make it look as if he's in control by saying he'll be champion if he finishes second, but he's not. Red Bull aren't going to lose their advantage in a week. The only weakness is if either on of them have a problem.

If something happens to Alonso then Vettel will know he's got a chance of being champion. If Alonso is third then only Webber can be champion and Vettel obviously understands that situation very well from what he's said.