McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
akshat21
akshat21

Re: McLaren Mercedes MP4-26

Marco Alves wrote:Lewis Hamilton gets a feel for MP4-26's steering during a seat-fit last December.

http://twitpic.com/3nhaew
Wonder what that switch is for???

astracrazy
astracrazy

where did you find the info about launch location?

It makes sense. Perhaps just because thefifthdriver said they car still using the red and chrome doesn't mean the style will be the same? (it prob does but who knows)

adrianjordan

astracrazy wrote:where did you find the info about launch location?
In the Autosport article I linked to in the same posting.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

FrukostScones

Berlin sounds really strange to me for a McLaren-launch-location...
Maybe because I live there and they liked my posts... cant think of any company here that could be a new sponsor... maybe BMW-motorcycles? :lol:
I think its just a favour to Vodafone.

Anyone of you insiders can get me a VIP-pass? Please...

wesley123 wrote:by the way from Scarbs twitter;
McLaren may use an interim car at the 1st test and will launch the MP4-26 in Berlin Feb 4th according to @AUTOSPORTdigi Why Berlin?
Same question for me, why Berlin?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Richied76
Richied76

Maybe they dont want to launch in spain because of santander of whome i believe there loosing as a sponsor?? And theres no way they will release in england because of the £6bn that Dodgeaphone havent paid in tax...Would look very bad for Mclaren to have 30 protesters sit in front of the car before they can get the cloth off of it. Probably germany bacause its neutral OR just a goodbye to Merc
Last edited by Richied76 on 08 Jan 2011, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

wesley123
wesley123

Well BMW could be possible, afterall thee where rumours McLaren would buy the BMW formula 1 engine compartiment so they could make their own engine after 2013
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

WhiteBlue

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88834

McLaren not to test new car in first winter test.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PlatinumZealot

wesley123 wrote:Well BMW could be possible, afterall thee where rumours McLaren would buy the BMW formula 1 engine compartiment so they could make their own engine after 2013
BMW formula 1 engine compartment is BMW. They make the M engines under the same roof. I think the place is called "Landshut" or something like that. I don't think BMW would sell it to Mclaren.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

n smikle wrote:
wesley123 wrote:Well BMW could be possible, afterall thee where rumours McLaren would buy the BMW formula 1 engine compartiment so they could make their own engine after 2013
BMW formula 1 engine compartment is BMW. They make the M engines under the same roof. I think the place is called "Landshut" or something like that. I don't think BMW would sell it to Mclaren.
Ive said it all along, if McLaren were to build their own engines, it would make much more sense for them to buy out Zytec. Then they will have access to a class engine facility and also have access to the next market for McLaren and thats Le Mans. Surly, for Ron Dennis, his ego would take a massive trip if he won Le Mans, GT3 and F1 all in the same calendar year.

I know the Mercedes deal is until 2015, but i just don't see them with anything else but their own beyond then.

astracrazy
astracrazy

AUTOSPORT understands that the launch is not simply a colour-scheme unveiling - but will be the actual first public appearance of the new car.
maybe im reading into this too much, but why would it be anything but the new car...

ell66
ell66

astracrazy wrote:
AUTOSPORT understands that the launch is not simply a colour-scheme unveiling - but will be the actual first public appearance of the new car.
maybe im reading into this too much, but why would it be anything but the new car...
because some teams like renault and merc have shown new liverys on old cars before shwoing there new challenger

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:I know the Mercedes deal is until 2015, but i just don't see them with anything else but their own beyond then.
The Merc deal is not until 2015. There is an option for Mercedes to supply McLaren but the current agreement expires when the shares are all payed back. Perhaps Ron has 2012 covered but not much longer.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

wesley123
wesley123

2012 would be an great moment to end it though with the new engine formula. I expect the Mercs to be incredibly unreliable again, these V8's where they only reliable merc engines ever, I cant even remember an blown engine from these V8's
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Holm86

FrukostScones wrote:Berlin sounds really strange to me for a McLaren-launch-location...
Maybe because I live there and they liked my posts... cant think of any company here that could be a new sponsor... maybe BMW-motorcycles? :lol:
I think its just a favour to Vodafone.

Anyone of you insiders can get me a VIP-pass? Please...

wesley123 wrote:by the way from Scarbs twitter;
McLaren may use an interim car at the 1st test and will launch the MP4-26 in Berlin Feb 4th according to @AUTOSPORTdigi Why Berlin?
Same question for me, why Berlin?

What about Siemens as i wrote earlyer??? They have a headquarter in Berlin.....

raymondu999

wesley123 wrote:2012 would be an great moment to end it though with the new engine formula. I expect the Mercs to be incredibly unreliable again, these V8's where they only reliable merc engines ever, I cant even remember an blown engine from these V8's
I do remember Liuzzi had one in Sepang 2010, and Sutil in Suzuka 2010...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法