McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gridwalker
gridwalker

Re: McLaren Mercedes MP4-26

McLaren are consumate professionals, they'd never make that mistake ...

*COUGH*Mansell, 1995*COUGH*

Excuse me!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

astracrazy
astracrazy

Giblet wrote:I guess it's like trying on new shoes. Just because they are the right size doesn't meant they will fit.
good way of putting it.

I've always wondered why so late to do seat fittings, i would have thought it would be one of the first things?

Having said that, i have always wondered what the process of designing a new formula 1 car is. Where would you start?

Paul

Since Zytek, who developed the original system, have other hybrid projects in the running, I have no reason not to believe that the system they can provide has only become better.

Florio
Florio

I wonder in what circumstance could they improve the KERS. Would it be due to weight and size? Because I seem to remember that they can't change the power outputs or the amount of time it boosts.

twoshots
twoshots

Afterburner wrote:Hamilton says Mclaren will hold an advantage next year over RB and Ferrari Kers related, have Mclaren developed their Kers throw the year?

The Mercedes system was the best on grid on '09, it will be interesting to see if Ferrari have sorted out their mess of a system by now.

timbo
timbo

twoshots wrote:it will be interesting to see if Ferrari have sorted out their mess of a system by now.
Actually since 1/3 into '09 season KERS worked great for Ferrari. Not any worse than for Macca.
It was slightly heavier probably, but packaging IMO was better. Dunno if it works next season with bigger tanks.

Afterburner

From what i know, the Renault and Ferrari powered teams will all use magnetti-marelli kers, the mercedes powered teams will use Mclaren/Zytek kers, i don't know if it's possible but i suspect there will be significant Kers upgrades throw the season.

Blackout

wesley123
wesley123

thestig84 wrote:Blackout. Interesting pics. Were they from Mclaren? If not they wont be too happy someone has beaten the photograph ban!
Well last year same happened and he that guy was also responsible of the leak of 'The Deadzone', something we know as the F-Duct. I believe he was called gooney or something like that lol, he was active on these forums lol.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

thestig84
thestig84

wesley123 wrote:
thestig84 wrote:Blackout. Interesting pics. Were they from Mclaren? If not they wont be too happy someone has beaten the photograph ban!
Well last year same happened and he that guy was also responsible of the leak of 'The Deadzone', something we know as the F-Duct. I believe he was called gooney or something like that lol, he was active on these forums lol.
I know I saw all his and the deadzone posts. This isnt anywhere near as bad as that. He put pictures of himself at work up here!

This picture looks like it was from a tour with the people looking at the Le Mans winner. Def no pictures allowed and normally stop tours in this phase of the season. Ive only ever been allowed round once the season has started, both times in easter.

adrianjordan

Are we sure that's a recent photo?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

thestig84
thestig84

adrianjordan wrote:Are we sure that's a recent photo?
Yes, November 29th apparently.

thestig84
thestig84

astracrazy wrote:
GTO wrote:Who said that's the F1 team. Most likely, it is the production MP4-12C team.
Can you not see the monocoque?

Its def. F1
Bit of a give away! Its also in the F1 build area. Most unlikely the 12c production team as the 12c is in a different area of the MTC. On the old SLR production line until the MPC is up and running

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

The Mclaren Kers system posted by ATM Andy (apparently a Mclaren engineer) on Autosport:

http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?s ... &start=560

Thoughts?

mith

That's Flybrid flywheel system.