Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
munudeges
munudeges

Re: Kubica's Recovery

rsist wrote:I don't think you realise Robert is very good and experienced rally driver, it,s not something he hop into just for fun, it,s just something he does, he always did and will do.
Well, the answer to that is quite simple - he needed to choose between Formula 1 and rallying and if he wanted to rally then he should have done it full-time. I'm sorry, Ringo is maybe harsh but actually right.

He isn't doing it for fun, but it's something 'he does'? Sorry, but no. Too many people are trying to skirt around the stupidity in this accident.

cravenciak
cravenciak

Your answer have one weak point - Robert is rallying for fun.
he needed to choose between Formula 1 and rallying
You're so selfish!

rsist
rsist

munudeges wrote:
rsist wrote: he needed to choose between Formula 1 and rallying and if he wanted to rally then he should have done it full-time. I'm sorry, Ringo is maybe harsh but actually right.

He isn't doing it for fun, but it's something 'he does'? Sorry, but no. Too many people are trying to skirt around the stupidity in this accident.
He didn't need to choose anything, he just goes rallying and is allowed to by his team.
There is no stupidity in this accident,it's a tragic event and a bad luck,
saying things like this you are just being mean,
think twice before you post, dude, shame on you

Mr Alcatraz

rsist wrote:
munudeges wrote:
rsist wrote: he needed to choose between Formula 1 and rallying and if he wanted to rally then he should have done it full-time. I'm sorry, Ringo is maybe harsh but actually right.

He didn't need to choose anything, he just goes rallying and is allowed to by his team.
Whatever! RK got seriously clocked, and hopefully he will be back in F1.
Good guy, bad luck, questionable career decision. I'm sure he is taking responsibility for the fall-out which should not be on the top of his list of concerns. Good luck my man!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ringo

rsist wrote:
munudeges wrote:

A 2 year hiatus for a guy that had some skills and a relatively meager F1 resume is not justified by something that they do for fun.
2 years gap is too long for a 1 race winner.

Too many young guns out there that will develop their skills and learn the tyres and cars. Not only that they will have a physical advantage and be fresh on the principal's minds.
If Robert comes back and gets a seat in 2013. It will be more for respect than anything else.
Sounds gloomy, but i can see him as a de la rosa type test driver in 2 years, if he clings to team and while only being able to do the simulator work when the petrovs and grosjeans are well placed to pilot the car at 100%.
For Sure!!

cravenciak
cravenciak

"2 years gap" - only 7 months passed. You're a ********* if you think that he will not come back 2012. eot

beelsebob
beelsebob

7 months have passed, but it's now almost certain another 12 will pass too. Quite frankly, you're overly hopeful if you think he's coming back any time soon.

Giblet
Giblet

A lot of speculation and no information. A slew of opinions. Some are louder, none are any more right.

Stop with the name calling please. Nobody is a lunatic for having a different opinion than yourself.

Nobody 'knows' anything right now.

Teams have been allowing their drivers to do other things for decades, many of them dangerous. Should Vettel not be allowed in a Red Bull air racer? Should Webber not be allowed to bike? Should Sterling Moss have not been allowed go run non championship races?

Nobody had a problem with his rallying until the accident. Hindsight is 20/20, and nobody was saying Jack before he crashed.

Now everyone is an expert. What happened sucked for everyone, but it should not be a lightning rod to keep these athletes from doing what they love outside of their job. The reality is full disclosure. Renault signed RK knowing about his rallying, and fully supporting what their driver wants to do to remain sharp and in the zone. Driving is a mental exercise, and riving a rally car is a concentration like no other. RK tell us that rallying keeps him sharp. Nobody else's opinion matters.

When we hear more information, it would make sense to adjust our opinions on his return at that time, instead of like, ya know, yelling at each other?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Chaparral

Kubica will never race F1 again thats the way it is
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

strad

+1 =D>
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

cravenciak
cravenciak

beelsebob wrote:7 months have passed, but it's now almost certain another 12 will pass too. Quite frankly, you're overly hopeful if you think he's coming back any time soon.
Almost certain because you said that? :D

FW17

Kubica's is off doing something he enjoyed.

Who are we in this forum to be giving him career advice and disapprove of his life style?

ringo

We are F1 fans. 8)

He wont be in an F1 car next year. Lopez said so. Can't find the link though.

F1 is like track and feild. The body needs to be 100%.
If usain bolt gets a tight calf, he can easily fall into the hands of the other runners and lose races; no matter how fast he is or how talented.
You need the physical capability to be competitive and win races.

Bob wont be back to 100% by winter testing next year. His elbow needs to be freed up among other things. I doesn't even sound so good when they say they will try to retain as much muscle as possible. That means his arm will not be as strong as it used to be and it may even have a missing chunk, like shark bite.
2013 is my come back date for robert.
Be it a racer, an adviser, or top gun simulator driver.
For Sure!!

cravenciak
cravenciak

Lopez said he won't be in an F1 car before 2012. Learn 2 read.
The body needs to be 100%.
Say that to Alex Zanardi.
Bob wont be back to 100% by winter testing next year.
Because you said that? Or you're his private physiotherapist?
His elbow needs to be freed up among other things.
Last surgery is planned at end of this month and they will remove all adhesions. This operation will improve Robert's arm mobility immediately and he will start the last stage in rehabilitation - fitness training (as his friend Mikolaj Sokol said).
That means his arm will not be as strong as it used to be
Arm IS NOT RIGHT NOW as strong as it used to be and it doesn't mean it wont be after few months.

ringo

Ok, whatever you say.
For Sure!!