"Red Bull a drinks company"

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ciro Pabón

Re: "Red Bull a drinks company"

Thanks, CHT. I reread the story there.

"... he felt that Red Bull does not give its drivers equal opportunity".

I laughed hard. Unlike McLaren, the oasis of drivers in recent years. I don't know if call this cynicism or refusal.

Is he the same guy that said that McLaren favored Alonso and said that he "was prevented from racing his team mate"? The FIA cleared McLaren following an investigation, in the name of Nuvolari steering wheel!

Now, I wouldn't have posted again if I haven't read in this thread the incredible explanation that Hamilton is playing mind games.

Mind games of the kind of "either team will do absolutely everything in their power to make sure they can remain at the top"?

Mr. Ecclestone must be ecstatic hearing a driver that proclaims that F1 is about two teams. It sounds like Hamilton saying: "Daddy, you told me my team cannot lose!".

I would have used this title:

Hamilton says that there are two teams in F1 and one is his, but it is the fair one with drivers and designers. Newey, Alonso, Räikkönen and Montoya nod in approval.

As Montoya famously said, Dennis cannot stand anyone that has a mind of his own. If that's true (I don't know) Mr. Hamilton is perfect for McLaren, because, as the examples I posted prove, he has a strong mind for racing, but his goal in life (and that's another quote from him, don't blame me!) is to met Beyonce.

He's the kind of person that idolizes brands. Well, I have news for the forum: it's the people what makes a team. And Hamilton certainly is harming his.

The person I see freaking out this year (unless a miracle happens) is Hamilton.

More quotes by him:

I'll also be wearing a specially-painted helmet for the occasion. When you see it, you'll know why I'll be hoping for it to swing the odds in my favour.

I do not like what Ferrari are putting our team through. I know my team, and we are being been unfairly treated. (after Dennis public acceptance of guilt)

It would be a great feeling to win in Italy this weekend. Beating Ferrari on their home ground is going to be a huge blow to their team.

I haven't had any lack of concentration. If anything, I've been more in-form in the last two races than I ever have before (after crashing Räikkönen in the pits)

Bang, bang, two penalties. What can you do about that?

C'mon, Giblet, change the title for me...
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 23 Mar 2011, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

segedunum
segedunum

Re: Red Bull just a drink company

Goran2812 wrote:And you have the exact figures? So, the talk about Red Bull going way over the "budget cap" is what? I want facts and numbers please... :)
Well, I'd like to see facts and numbers that back up the assertion that they have gone over the budget cap, apart from sour grapes being leaked from meetings by various individuals.

They're certainly not a 'small' team Red Bull, but I doubt they're spending what Ferrari are, for example.
They'll have to win a lot more WDC-s and WCC-s to be on par with McLaren and Ferrari...
We know they have a lot more to win. However, there is more to it than that and this is the attitude I don't get, and it comes down from what Hamilton said. McLaren and Ferrari don't have some intrinsic right to be at the top of the sport and keep winning based on their past history. The real world doesn't have much respect for reputations. If it did, you wouldn't get extinctions.

The fact of the matter is that Formula 1 exists off the back of sponsorship and backing from lots of commercial organisations of many types. It has for almost fifty years. If Mateschitz wants to hook up the marketing of his soft drinks and a Formula 1 team in a mututally beneficial way, grab the bull by the horns (no pun intended) and take control to ensure their success then they deserve any success he gets for sticking his neck out.

I detect some exceptionally sour grapes being poured out from some of the 'established' teams on the grid who think they have a divine right to stay where they are, or rather, where they were. This kind of stuff tends to happen when the 'other teams' are holding their breath in anticipation of getting a good pasting.

I don't think Lewis has increased his chances of getting a Red Bull drive, let's put it that way. Mind games? Hardly. He sounds a little like his former Spanish team mate did, and sometimes still does, to be honest.........

segedunum
segedunum

Jimi_Hendrix_1967 wrote:Newey was bought away from Williams, and strapped down into Mclaren corporate image and a culture of commitees 'for everything' Newey said, when asked why he left Mclaren.
You can see where this year's car came from can't you? Split design teams smack of a massive political problem where you're trying to keep everyone happy and give everyone a part of the pie to stick their thumb into.

This is more about McLaren's halo slipping than anything else and their replication of Williams's fall that we'll witness this year.

CHT
CHT

Crabbia wrote:
CHT wrote:not sure if he is trying to insult RBR or Mclaren

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 43743.html
not being cobatative, i want you to clarify ur opinion. How do you see that as insulting Mclaren?

And sure he has a bit of attitude but i think it makes absolute sense.

picking a team is a bit of a lottery in terms of having a competitive car, but ur odds on mclaren and Ferrari having a championship winning car over a five year period are definitely higher than for any of the other teams for exactly the reason he stated in the article.

Mclaren and Ferrari are pure racing teams with solid manufacturer backing. Redbull is a Billionaires plaything.

Also it could just be hamilton posturing to get the team behind him again after all the reports and insinuations about him being unsatisfied lately.

Lewis statement is a double edges sword, on one side it sound like lewis is trying to belittle RBR with some smart talking, at the same time such statement can also make more people wonder how big teams like Mclaren and Ferrari could end up being beaten by a drink company fair and square, not to mention beaten by another team that almost didnt make it to the gird.

I am not sure if such statement (of trying to belittle your "smaller" opponent) can be a morale booster for a team that hasnt win a WCC for the past 14 years, but I am pretty certain that such statement will actually motivate the guys at RBR to work even harder to just make Lewis eat his words.

I think key to success factor as a F1 team or any organization is not about about having the biggest money, big brand or heritage, it is about your organization ability to attract the best talent and allowing them to florish as a team. AN did say something like despite winning so many WCC with other big team, he still feel that the WCC with RBR is more specially because of the team spirit etc.

In todays world, more and more companies are trying to focus on selling lifestyle rather than hard fact and technology. And I would say that RBR is probably the equivalent of Apple in the IT industry right now. They have great designer, technology and they promote a certain lifestyle rather than a brand.

CHT
CHT

n smikle wrote:It's not a stupid statement. It's mind games.

Very clever that Hamilton. He wants Vettel to question his stay at a non traditional team, and he wants to pressure Horner at the same time! Firing big bullets there Hamilton!
I actually think such statement only show his immaturity and tendency of making silly statement which end up coming back to haunt his image.

RBR is now the team to beat and Vettel has just signed a contract with RBR till 2014. Hence there is no reason why Vettel will be moved by what Lewis is saying. In fact, I think Vettel will probably laugh it off as just a case of bad sour grape.

Vettel will eventually leave RBR for team like Ferrari and Merc, but I think a level headed Vettel is smart enough to know that he is in the best seat on the grid at the moment.
Last edited by CHT on 23 Mar 2011, 04:23, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

I am kind of sure Lewis said this last year. Which would put it in the proper context.

It's very unfair that the journalists would rehash this interview because it fits right in with what Horner said last week.

He mentioned the thing about webber seeming like a #2 in the middle of last year.
And i am sure most of us would agree with him at the time, with all the ferrari team orders and such flying around last year.

Correct me if it's infact this year he said these things.

Otherwise it's still fair to say redbull is a drinks company. Just like how Virgin is an airline and music business.
He's just keeping Redbull honest.

Whoever says his is immature or whatever is looking too much into it.
He is talking the plain truth. Redbull don't make cars. they make tins and sugur water.
Mateshitz doesn't really have any real reason to commit to F1. While F1 is the lifeblood of ferrari and Mclaren.
He can get bored and bring Vettel and Mark over to Nascar or Top fuel drag racing. :lol:
For Sure!!

ringo

Ciro Pabón wrote:Thanks, CHT. I reread the story there.

"... he felt that Red Bull does not give its drivers equal opportunity".

I laughed hard. Unlike McLaren, the oasis of drivers in recent years. I don't know if call this cynicism or refusal.

Is he the same guy that said that McLaren favored Alonso and said that he "was prevented from racing his team mate"? The FIA cleared McLaren following an investigation, in the name of Nuvolari steering wheel!

Now, I wouldn't have posted again if I haven't read in this thread the incredible explanation that Hamilton is playing mind games.

Mind games of the kind of "either team will do absolutely everything in their power to make sure they can remain at the top"?

Mr. Ecclestone must be ecstatic hearing a driver that proclaims that F1 is about two teams. It sounds like Hamilton saying: "Daddy, you told me my team cannot lose!".

I would have used this title:

Hamilton says that there are two teams in F1 and one is his, but it is the fair one with drivers and designers. Newey, Alonso, Räikkönen and Montoya nod in approval.

As Montoya famously said, Dennis cannot stand anyone that has a mind of his own. If that's true (I don't know) Mr. Hamilton is perfect for McLaren, because, as the examples I posted prove, he has a strong mind for racing, but his goal in life (and that's another quote from him, don't blame me!) is to met Beyonce.

He's the kind of person that idolizes brands. Well, I have news for the forum: it's the people what makes a team. And Hamilton certainly is harming his.

The person I see freaking out this year (unless a miracle happens) is Hamilton.

More quotes by him:

I'll also be wearing a specially-painted helmet for the occasion. When you see it, you'll know why I'll be hoping for it to swing the odds in my favour.

I do not like what Ferrari are putting our team through. I know my team, and we are being been unfairly treated. (after Dennis public acceptance of guilt)

It would be a great feeling to win in Italy this weekend. Beating Ferrari on their home ground is going to be a huge blow to their team.

I haven't had any lack of concentration. If anything, I've been more in-form in the last two races than I ever have before (after crashing Räikkönen in the pits)

Bang, bang, two penalties. What can you do about that?

C'mon, Giblet, change the title for me...
Let it all out. :wink:
You know you love Lewis Hamilton.
For Sure!!

Formula None
Formula None

n smikle wrote:It's not a stupid statement. It's mind games.

Giblet
Giblet

CHT wrote:
Giblet wrote:I fixed the title to something not so paraphrased and more accurate. Old title "Red Bull just a drinks company" to "Red Bull a drinks company".

He never insulted anyone, he just told it exactly like it is.

please don't change quotes for sole purpose of inciting.
that is how ESPN guys put it actually.

http://en.espnf1.com/
Well, for fun, let's see how ESPN words it on the banner part of their website:

ESPN.COM wrote: Red Bull just 'a drinks company'
Notice the position of the quotes. The 'Red Bull just' prefix is bad journalism and paraphrasing to get people stirred up and reading a relatively mundane quote.

The title of the article is unaltered.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

djos

CHT wrote:not sure if he is trying to insult RBR or Mclaren

http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 43743.html
:lol: I call sour grapes!!! =D>
"In downforce we trust"

ringo

Why did we close the bernie no angel thread?
This is just a driver bashing thread. Need some consistency.
For Sure!!

Jimi_Hendrix_1967
Jimi_Hendrix_1967

Giblet wrote:
CHT wrote:
Giblet wrote:I fixed the title to something not so paraphrased and more accurate. Old title "Red Bull just a drinks company" to "Red Bull a drinks company".

ESPN.COM wrote: Red Bull just 'a drinks company'
Notice the position of the quotes. The 'Red Bull just' prefix is bad journalism and paraphrasing to get people stirred up and reading a relatively mundane quote.

You think the 'I dont think Red Bull gives their drivers equal opportunities, its there for us all to see' was a mundane statement too, or was he just joking with the Heikki/Alonso years in the back of everybodies memory?

I find it perplexing someone actually thinks Hamilton was not taking aim at Red Bull and stir people up with this degrading comment.

Meanwhile, The Guardian also runs the 'just a drinks company' headline

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/ma ... s-hamilton

As does Metro:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/858740-mcl ... ks-company

So while you want us to treat drivers with respect, perhaps you should send a note to Hamilton to do the same with fellow F1 teams like Red Bull that are kicking all that Mclaren/Ferrari talk way down the hole.
Last edited by Jimi_Hendrix_1967 on 23 Mar 2011, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

CHT
CHT

Giblet wrote:
CHT wrote:

ESPN.COM wrote:
Red Bull just 'a drinks company'

The intention of lewis hamilton making that statement is simply to stir up --- so that he get some attention while trying to compete to be the best of the rest.

Here are a few more variations for your comments.

http://www.itv.com/formula1/news/2011/3 ... firm-4493/
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/167631/1/h ... mpany.html

paipa
paipa

Ciro Pabón wrote:...
Sheesh, you really do have an axe to grind!

Joke aside, could you find a way to release your LH quotes database? You could spare the world some serious man-hours.

Tozza Mazza

This proves that Lewis wants a Ferrari seat. Talking like that about Macca and RBR just confirms this. Oh and RBR are just a drinks company with no sporting history, but i can see a sell to VW on the horizon now, and i believe it will build up from that.