Honda exceed 960hp

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.

Well most powerful engine or not they have all but clinched second in the constructors….. :D

Fiat/BMW are not the only ones working on there 2005 cars. As far as 2005 goes, Honda has been working on developments since June/July at least on the engine front. In addition they are now testing a gear box that does not lose any revs on up shifts which I believe they might have ran in Japan.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Humm...you're only mentioning the dyno fase of the engine....cause engine development/design starts around 18 monthes before the engine races for the first time! and dyno testing somewhere between 6 to 8 months....so BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes have probably been testing their engines since the same time Honda started.

By this time all teams have already started (and are almost finishing) the design work on their cars. They usually start anywhere between March and August

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Humm...you're only mentioning the dyno fase of the engine....cause engine development/design starts around 18 monthes before the engine races for the first time! and dyno testing somewhere between 6 to 8 months....so BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes have probably been testing their engines since the same time Honda started.

By this time all teams have already started (and are almost finishing) the design work on their cars. They usually start anywhere between March and August
Indeed, I’m simply highlighting that Honda is also concentrating on its 2005 project, as others have highlighted that Fiat/BMW have started there’s…

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

It's more that Honda has been doing a whole lot of publicity...and the others don't really care! Everyone knows that the others have been developing their engines/cars for the following season! If they weren't doing it...then it would be a suprise! It's more or less like getting wet when you're walking in the rain.....the strange thing would be if (with out any kind of protection) you didn't get wet!

Monstrobolaxa wrote:It's more that Honda has been doing a whole lot of publicity...and the others don't really care! Everyone knows that the others have been developing their engines/cars for the following season! If they weren't doing it...then it would be a suprise! It's more or less like getting wet when you're walking in the rain.....the strange thing would be if (with out any kind of protection) you didn't get wet!
IMO, I don't see Honda in the spotlight more than any of the other big teams. Perhaps Honda is getting more publicity rather then seeking it this year due to there recent success. In addition, some of there innovations that they have brought forth this year have been in the spot light for being prohibited.

JustAGuest
JustAGuest

Ah... Interlagos is jusr arround the corner. There is a big uphil there, which will bring the most powerfull engines to the front. Let's just wait and see..Somehting tells me that with their new braking system and the 960ph engine BAR and HONDA should do OK

doc
doc

Anonymous wrote:
Monstrobolaxa wrote:Humm...you're only mentioning the dyno fase of the engine....cause engine development/design starts around 18 monthes before the engine races for the first time! and dyno testing somewhere between 6 to 8 months....so BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes have probably been testing their engines since the same time Honda started.

Indeed, I’m simply highlighting that Honda is also concentrating on its 2005 project, as others have highlighted that Fiat/BMW have started there’s…
No, i haven't said that Honda isn't working on 05 engine, i've said that differently from BMW and Ferrari the japanese team is pushing extremely hard on the current engine, while Bmw and Ferrari have interrupted the work on this year engines. So it's obvious that, given the championship conditions before Suzuka, Honda is able to achieve now the same power that Ferrari had already at Monza.
Put Ferrari in the same conditions of championship and the same motivations of Honda and it will be quite clear who is able to carry out the best bhp numbers...no doubt, Ferrari IMO :)
Then what are the results of Honda on the engine tracks? All i've seen it's the wonderful chassis and aero designed by Willis, except Barcelona the BARs never have been the fastest cars on the straights, even if it's true the straight line speed is influenced not only by power, but also by the aerodynamics. In Canada and at Monza, not including Ferrari, it was quite clear who was more powerful between BMW and Honda. The problem for the Bavarians has been the chassis...
However i don't think that Interlagos will see the most powerful engines to the front, the chassis will be important too. So i expect Ferrari setting the pace followed by Mclaren and BAR.

[/quote]No, i haven't said that Honda isn't working on 05 engine, i've said that differently from BMW and Ferrari the japanese team is pushing extremely hard on the current engine, while Bmw and Ferrari have interrupted the work on this year engines. [/quote]

How do you know that? Is Honda not working extremely hard on next years engine?

[/quote]So it's obvious that, given the championship conditions before Suzuka, Honda is able to achieve now the same power that Ferrari had already at Monza.
Put Ferrari in the same conditions of championship and the same motivations of Honda and it will be quite clear who is able to carry out the best bhp numbers...no doubt, Ferrari IMO :) [/quote]

Fair enough..IYO

[/quote]Then what are the results of Honda on the engine tracks? All i've seen it's the wonderful chassis and aero designed by Willis, except Barcelona the BARs never have been the fastest cars on the straights, even if it's true the straight line speed is influenced not only by power, but also by the aerodynamics. In Canada and at Monza, not including Ferrari, it was quite clear who was more powerful between BMW and Honda. The problem for the Bavarians has been the chassis...[/quote]

Does straight-line speed tell the full story?

Has Honda not had any input into the flexible wing, TTS, carbon fiber gearbox, rear suspension, and no rev loss gearbox ++?

However i don't think that Interlagos will see the most powerful engines to the front, the chassis will be important too. So i expect Ferrari setting the pace followed by Mclaren and BAR.[/quote]

doc
doc

Have i said that Honda isn't working hard on next year engine?
Have i said that straight line speed tells the full story?
Guest, i don't understand your reply, sorry :?

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

No you didn't say it....but to me your post sounded like all the other teams/manufacturers weren't working hard on next years car/engines....it sounded like only BAR was doing it......the thing is that all of them are...but BAR and Honda have been doing a whole lot of publicity about it....as if we all didn't know it was happening.

Monstrobolaxa wrote:No you didn't say it....but to me your post sounded like all the other teams/manufacturers weren't working hard on next years car/engines....it sounded like only BAR was doing it......the thing is that all of them are...but BAR and Honda have been doing a whole lot of publicity about it....as if we all didn't know it was happening.
My intention was not to imply that Honda was working harder than others, I simply was trying to highlight that the are also working on there 2005 engine.

IMO opinion it's them getting more publicity because of there success, not the other way around.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

In my opinion their making the publicity...their the ones that are giving interviews and saying talking about the 1000hp mark....no one talked about it! They were the one who started it during an interview...

Monstrobolaxa wrote:In my opinion their making the publicity...their the ones that are giving interviews and saying talking about the 1000hp mark....no one talked about it! They were the one who started it during an interview...
[
i]"It's more that Honda has been doing a whole lot of publicity...and the others don't really care!"[/i]
So are basing “a whole lot of publicity” around one interview?

Reca
Reca

Monstrobolaxa wrote: In 2002 when BMW passed 19000rpms you didn't see them brag about it....
That was an attempt at humour right ? Because I thought that Dr Theissen showing to every human being in the Monza’s paddock the telemetry plot to demonstrate that “the P82 touched 19050 rpm several times during the qualifying lap” was a good definition of “brag about it”... :D
In addition they are now testing a gear box that does not lose any revs on up shifts
Am I the only one feeling that there’s something a tiny bit odd in that sentence ?

Reca wrote:
Monstrobolaxa wrote: In 2002 when BMW passed 19000rpms you didn't see them brag about it....
That was an attempt at humour right ? Because I thought that Dr Theissen showing to every human being in the Monza’s paddock the telemetry plot to demonstrate that “the P82 touched 19050 rpm several times during the qualifying lap” was a good definition of “brag about it”... :D
In addition they are now testing a gear box that does not lose any revs on up shifts
Am I the only one feeling that there’s something a tiny bit odd in that sentence ?

http://www.gp2004.com--Our spies in China report

"After China Renault were lacking nine points on BAR and Suzuka could be very difficult to beat them as Honda have fired up their last spec engine with 950hp. Added to this the team plan to run their new gearbox which up shifts without a drop in revs. "