Mechanical issue with Webber’s RB7

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Re: Mechanical issue with Webber’s RB7

richard_leeds wrote:
marcush. wrote:when Mark is in trouble it is always his fault.

I don't read it like that. To my eyes Horner has admitted that there were "things" on Webber's car that hindered the set up. He is admitting it was a fault with the car.

We don't know what the "things" are. The way the sentence is structured could mean process failures or physical defects.
I also interpret what Horner said that way. I don't think it was a simple setup problem, especially when taking this into consideration:
"Mark had some problems with the chassis," Red Bull's motor sport director Marko said on German television RTL.
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

horse

Regarding the autosport article, it strikes me that Horner is right to consider a psychological reason, but I don't buy the bogey track.

I think the team messed his head up, what with the appearance of Ashes Urns on Sebastian's car and then the message from Horner to Seb after he won it saying "This is the one you wanted!" with obvious glee.

Considering this might have been Mark's last chance of winning the race, I reckon he was mighty upset to see the team apparently pulling for the other guy again.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

raymondu999

I don't see how "This is the one you wanted" could've upset Webber's speed. That was the victory radio, AFTER the race finished
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

horse

raymondu999 wrote:I don't see how "This is the one you wanted" could've upset Webber's speed. That was the victory radio, AFTER the race finished
Look he's got number 2 on his hat. What more proof do you need? :mrgreen:
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

raymondu999

Talk about self-fulfilling prophecies :P "Not bad for a number two driver"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Shrieker

I think Webber wasn't given an equal car with Vettel (I know this will make mr. finger fans furious). His body language after the quali coming into the pits, getting out of the car and going straight to check the front section of Vettel's car said it all. That said IMHO he wasn't looking to find something; he was telling everyone else where to look at :wink: Foxy guy that ozzy.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Mandrake
Mandrake

RedBull would want to fight for the WCC, giving Webber a car he cannot compete at the front with would be ridiculous. Given how last season was affected by a lot of mechanical issues they will for sure try to get as many points as possible straight on

Hangaku

Shrieker wrote:I think Webber wasn't given an equal car with Vettel (I know this will make mr. finger fans furious). His body language after the quali coming into the pits, getting out of the car and going straight to check the front section of Vettel's car said it all. That said IMHO he wasn't looking to find something; he was telling everyone else where to look at :wink: Foxy guy that ozzy.
Yep, I'm with you on that one. I saw it too and thougt that he made it look so dramatic, that Webber was himself looking to have a dig at RedBull. Whether or not it was because he genuinely thinks Vettel had an advantage or not, it doesn't matter. The fact is, he aint happy about something, and he's indirectly letting everyone know about it.
Yer.

PlatinumZealot

Mandrake wrote:RedBull would want to fight for the WCC, giving Webber a car he cannot compete at the front with would be ridiculous. Given how last season was affected by a lot of mechanical issues they will for sure try to get as many points as possible straight on
When the car has a 1 second advantage over the competition it doesn't seems so ridiculous at all. Maybe Webber's car only has to be 2.5 seconds faster than a mclaren to secure the WCC. :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏