My favourite worst F1-car!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
N12ck

Re: Most ugliest F1 car

doesnt this thread already exist 'My favourite worst F1-car!'

i dont see much point in this thread because that thread is full of what people call ugly cars
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy
astracrazy

N12ck wrote:doesnt this thread already exist 'My favourite worst F1-car!'

i dont see much point in this thread because that thread is full of what people call ugly cars
yep i think its just on page 2 (at time of post)

HampusA

Waahh sorry guys did not see that one, this one was also for ALL-TIME and not just this year.
The truth will come out...

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

So far we have:

My favourite worst F1-car! opened by Xpensive and Favourite, most interesting f1 car opened by N12ck.

jenkF1

Are you joking? That Mercedes looks stunning in its silver paintwork and undercut sidepods. I even like the nose.

bot6
bot6

Well, how about another butt ugly car? To me it would be this:
The most cluttered F1 car ever. The ultimate insect killing machine with the amount of foils it stuck in the way of the poor things flying around.

Ciro Pabón

Most ugliest... mmmmmm.

Do you mean the most ugliest, disfiguredest, evil-lookingest, fugliest, grotesquest, monstrousest, hideousest, repulsivest, ill-favoredest, unloveliest and horriblest F1 car?

I don't know, I like them all.

It's like an ugly son: you love him more than the others.

After all, the ugly one has to be the most bravest of them all. You know, errare humanum est.

Anyway, the ones I love most (to be coherent) are these:

OH, MY EYES!!! CHANGE THE THREAD, CHANGE THE THREAD!

This car was made by... (yes, you guessed it) Max Mosley. How he became the master of taste causes me apoplexy.

No wonder he liked to be punished: he knew he deserved.

On top of that horriblest, disfiguredest, lamest and, frankly, stupidiest car, old timers can remember the epoch when it was constructed, when March was called Much Advertised Racing Car Hoax: they (they means Max) proposed to build cars for F2, F3, Formula Ford, CANAM and American Formula B, while they built this beauty.

... and some people wonder why cost cutting hasn't worked.

Words fail me. Drugs, booze, perhaps? After all, Arrows spelled backwards is Sorrow (ask Murray Walker if you don't believe me)

Arrows.... shudder. Well, this is a car that could be designed by the members of this forum. You know, theory is everything: the whole car is a downforce body. Even the engine is inclined 4 degrees forward (look closely, if you dare). After all, Chapman had beaten everybody the previous year by putting an American (an Italian American, for the love of Pete) at the top of the F1 kingdom and people were desperate trying to catch up. "Desperate" could be the word I was looking for...

Ligier. Enough said.

This car is a classic of fugliness. Every lame thread (ehem) on the beauty of F1 cars that I know includes it. If there were an Oscar for ugly cars, this car would lose it (because it is too ugly).

Brabham. Yes, Brabham. This is the child that Jack loved the most.

It never raced, so technically it shouldn't be here. On the other hand, none of these cars should be here. Plans should be burned, pictures erased, memories forgotten and drivers interred in silence.

Where in heck does Ciro get these things?

Well, the answer is simple: I have followed every form of racing there is in this world for the last 40 years. And lemme tell you: this you won't forget, even if you only catch a glimpse of it in a dark alley, running among the rats and the garbage. I will give to you the coveted F1 Tech's "Most Time Lost in Useless Searchs" Prize if you can tell me who had this nightmare and turned into reality.

Now,

Assorted cars from other series

You can skip to the next post if you are offended by this. Oh, the pleasure of going out of thread! (it's like putting pajamas on).

Scion at Canam. The tumor... erm, wing in front is very original to say the least.

Dallara, schmallara.

This car is beautiful. Like the Lunar Module or the Volkswagen: they were ugly but they worked perfectly.

Besides, it's made by the greatest cheater in history. It comes from the guy that used 10 inches pipes (or so the legend goes, in ten years they will make it 20 inches pipes) as fuel lines from the fuel tank to the engine to hold several extra gallons of gas. The Genius of American Racing. The Sultan of Trickery. You know: him. Yeah, that one.

These are racecars, right?

Right?

You haven't seen Pike's Peak, you haven't seen most ugliest

The word Carbage was, right now, right here, invented by me, watching this... thing.

Carbage: is this an Audi? How come they aren't broke?

Carbage: the true definition of ugly (the 500 ci 1200 Hp helped a little, but not even that can save this carbage from the trash.

The Pig Car

This is a Porsche. The lines are the cuts of meat. The pink is because it is a pig. Seriously. I haven't made that up (yeah, you won't believe me, but I never lie. Well, I just did, but who cares?). German humour at its finest.

Bugatti T251. It's not only ugly, it's bad. Like a bad dream. Poor Tringtignat, at Reims, 1956. A drunken surgeon was more reliable (I'm quoting here)
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 04 May 2011, 03:11, edited 4 times in total.
Ciro

bhall
bhall

bot6 wrote:Well, how about another butt ugly car? To me it would be this:

The most cluttered F1 car ever. The ultimate insect killing machine with the amount of foils it stuck in the way of the poor things flying around.
I think BMW's undoing was the banning of all of those extraneous appendages.

That said, I honestly thought the launch version of the F1.08 looked fantastic.

Ciro Pabón

Do you like appendages?

What about the Flying Nun?

Or the Elephant Ears?

Or the "WTF is this" appendages? Foldable wings for aircraft carrier deployment, I guess.

On one thing I agree: they looked fantastic... to their parents.

I think it's love what distorts vision.
Ciro

bhall
bhall

Let's not forget about these, whatever the hell they were.

Pandamasque

Ciro Pabón wrote:Dallara, schmallara.
I really believe this one was modelled to look like a rolling portrait of George W. Bush.

Obama aero kit coming for 2012.

bot6
bot6

This has got to be among the top 5. I give you... (drumroll)

The Cosworth Experiment Gone Bad!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Curse you Ciro! My eyes will never be the same after seeing those beuties!

:lol:

Pandamasque

bot6 wrote:This has got to be among the top 5. I give you... (drumroll)

The Cosworth Experiment Gone Bad!
F1 SUV? :lol:

RAF
RAF

Ciro Pabón wrote:Image
Ooh do tell me more! That looks hilarious.