Hamilton vs Button

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
horse

Re: Hamilton vs Button

n smikle wrote:As for Button, I will acknowledge him when he can beat Hamilton in a straight fight.
I'm sure he falls asleep every night dreaming of your approval.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Poleman

horse wrote:
n smikle wrote:As for Button, I will acknowledge him when he can beat Hamilton in a straight fight.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

raymondu999

horse wrote:
=D>
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

are they even the same weight class?

Ashley
Ashley

Hello guys,

I know its been a real mess of a race for lewis.
But what did you think when he overtook Buemi and Schumacher at the end of the straight?
This guy has guts!!! Just like Ayrton Senna

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

marcush. wrote:we don´t know if this is a weakness in terms of the engineers or a hamilton thing.Smedley with Massa is a clear thing .Rob is the coach and eyes and guides Felipe through the race ...but hows Lewis treating things?
I could imagine that he´s a lot on his own island ,especially after the liegate events when he had to stand up for weird things demanded from him by his pitguys .Things like that can easily put a driver in the wrong frame of mind...he quite often seems a bit desperate in his communication with the pitwall?
I think the open insula engineering desk in Mclarens pits has eased that a little bit but the communication and the coaching could improve his racing.Maybe BVutton is more open to hear and trust his pit?

One can certainly sense the urgency in his voice when he reports to the pits. I am in agreement with you that, perhaps he doesn't have much belief in his engineers. I don't believe that his race engineers are woefully imcompetent but many a time, I question their judgement. I would say his engineer's ability is on par with your average F1 race engineer. Consider Australia of last year when he fought his way up to second. His race engineers had to decide whether he had the tires to make it to the end or not, and I think they mucked it up. China, 2007.....massive lead on Kimi. However his tires were so shot, the team didn't have the option of leaving him out long enough to determine the right tires for the changing conditions. Australia 2009, we know how that went........

If he's confidence in his crew is to improve, he'll need to have a dynamite crew that prove to be right on the money with their calls. That will put him at ease and he'll drive even better.

PlatinumZealot

horse wrote:

:wink:

Ok raymond, the 20 lap hards that was an exageration. But! the new set of hards that he got on the 5th stint was what he was supposed to have for the 4th stint. The used set was not supposed to used at all!

I think the soft hard soft hard, was an aggressive strategy to confuse RedBull. I think because Heidfeld overtook Hamilton the plan was changed.

So, back to Button now. He can only beat Hamilton from a distance he has never fought Hamilton wheel to wheel or nose to diffuser and come out on top... when he can do this I will acknowledge him in the battle for WDC 2011.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

Look, I'm not doubting you here mate. Can McLaren mess up and get tyres the wrong way around in terms of stint order? Ok, plausible. Likely? No. But possible. I'll give you that. But what's your source?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

His fifth stint was new tyres and remember that Latham told Hamilton to make the 4th stint tyres last till the end of the race! That is 21 laps on battered Hards! Additionally we know the 5th stint hards were new tyres. So the only conclusion is that Mclaren mixed up the tyres.

Hamilton even said the planned strategy was to be:

Soft, NEW hard, NEW soft, NEW hard.

Mclaren gave him:
Soft, new soft, New hard, beat up hards, New hards.

Button had:
Soft, New Soft, new soft, New hards
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

They said bring the 4th set to the end, which means "eek out 21 laps." But we don't know that he had OLD hards placed on his car on the 4th stint
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hangaku

They were certainly older (or at least, more broken) than the 5th set though, and that can't be right - considering he only went in for the 5th set due to the 4th set being so knackered.
Yer.

enkidu
enkidu

I think we might see a good race between these two tomorrow.

marcush.
marcush.

To me the pattern is very clear:
Everyone who thought Hamilton would squash and destroy Button has to take notice that things have developped in Jenson favour over time and it was not pure luck at the start of 2010 that kept him in striking distance over 2010.The guy has his worth no matter if he has the outright speed of Hamilton ,it´s enough top keep Hamilton honest.
What I like in that combo is: they rarely
are far apart from each other so if one does drop the ball the other is there to pick up were the first left .Mclaren NOT winning a title this year:surely none of their drivers is to blame...they both deliver.

PNSD
PNSD

That is something Mclaren have lacked over the years. At least with these two there is a strong chance that either one, or both will be challenging. I also predict a good race between them tomorrow. Possibly even wheel-to-wheel in the first few laps. Lewis often has very good first laps.. The important thing is, Vettel has managed to win these last two races by pulling an amazing lead with the first 3/4 laps. Mclaren need to make sure their drivers dont slow each other.

That is providing they are still 2-3 after T1. Hopefully this time though Button/Lewis can stick within 2-3 seconds of Vettel.

PlatinumZealot

marcush. wrote:To me the pattern is very clear:
Everyone who thought Hamilton would squash and destroy Button has to take notice that things have developped in Jenson favour over time and it was not pure luck at the start of 2010 that kept him in striking distance over 2010.The guy has his worth no matter if he has the outright speed of Hamilton ,it´s enough top keep Hamilton honest.
What I like in that combo is: they rarely
are far apart from each other so if one does drop the ball the other is there to pick up were the first left .Mclaren NOT winning a title this year:surely none of their drivers is to blame...they both deliver.
I don't like to look like a Hamilton fanatic but Hamilton messed up the last 2 turns in China Quali. Easily 1.5 to 2 tenths lost. Still, Button earned his P2 on merit but I wouldn't necessarily excuse him from the inevitable destruction that will be upon him this season. I mean if you want to go by last year's patterns Button was leading battle scarred Hamilton by a huge gap after china, then looked how it switched around mid-season. Normal service will resume very soon.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏