Silly Season 2011/2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Silly Season 2011/2012

Correct, but the list take name changes in account, and Mercedes GP will be Mercedes AMG next year
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Trailer23

Red Bull boss Christian Horner defends Toro Rosso sackings:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/formula ... 520146.stm

Jesus, its seems everything is being orchestrated & preped by Marko. I mean what has Horner got to do with STR & its driver lineup?

MIKEY_!

I think when it all comes down to it, Horner calls the shots. They are his future drivers they are supposed to be training.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yes, Marko and Horner are the bosses but they should have been more respectful towards Buemi and Alguersuari, just as they were respectful towards the team and management.But Marko said that they weren't "winners" so that's why they don't have race seats. Why the heck would you make a public statement about that? Especially when they had a effin STR?! And when not even the McLaren's or Ferrari's could barely touch Vettel in the RB7. :lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Caito
Caito

Why so much problem telling it like it is. They have been given one year and a half to prove if they're even more special (because it takes some specialty to get to F1) and proved they didn't. To me it's clear as water.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Before Vettel's win in the 2008 STR, who else had won with such a low end car?? As far as I see it Vettel has risen the bar to a ridiculous height that Marko is using against other drivers. Without any crazy GP's like Monza 2008, and with a car that is sometimes a second quicker than the closest competitor, how are they supposed to shine? Almost cracking into the top 5 in some races was more than enough IMO.

But that's not so say that I don't understand their strategy of introducing new drivers through STR. That has always been the case but I simply call for more respect and understanding.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Byronrhys

What Marko should set as the bar is the level of competitiveness SebVet had excluding his Italian GP win... and to be fair they didn't come close to the level he had throughout the 2008 season even if you exclude his win.

MIKEY_!

But then Vettel is one of the best (if not the best), comparison to him is unfortunate but difficult to avoid. While I don't agree with the choice that was made, I can see the merit in it and I realize they are better informed to make that decision than me.

godlameroso

So I hear Senna is pretty much going to end up at Williams, and Petrov is going to Caterham? Can anybody else confirm this?
Saishū kōnā

scuderiafan

godlameroso wrote:So I hear Senna is pretty much going to end up at Williams, and Petrov is going to Caterham? Can anybody else confirm this?
I don't think anyone can confirm it, but it's likely. They both have the Renault engine tie-up.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

scuderiafan

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96997

This could really hurt Sutil's chances of racing in 2012. I wouldn't sign him with this assault trial over his head.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Tyler
Tyler

I'm sorry to say it but Sutil's F1 career is over.
F1 is so PC now and he's damaged goods.
No sponsor is going to want him representing or acting as ambassador to their brand therefore no team will take him.

This is exactly why Mallaya dropped him, it wasn't his performance (which was really good).
I think that Mallaya trying to help him find another seat was maybe partly to do with feeling regret for having to let him go.

Lux has probably got friends and some pull in the paddock too - I think stabbing a team owner will seriously hurt your career.
There's too many young guys with talent and promise and who don't come with the same baggage for anyone to be willing to give him a chance again.

I'm really disappointed cos I think he was hugely underrated but only some sort of inhuman performance meaning podiums or wins may have helped him.
The trial taking place at the time it is, is the final nail in the coffin.
Sutil is over in F1.
His best best now is probably to see if Merc will give him a seat in DTM.

Sorry but has the full story of what actually happened that night ever come out?

I'm betting godlameroso is right at this stage and that the Williams seat goes to Senna.
If not Senna then Barichello
Last edited by Tyler on 13 Jan 2012, 18:44, edited 2 times in total.

Tyler
Tyler

I find it really annoying when teams leave their decision so late - it seems unprofessional and it always seems to be the smaller teams that aren't taken as seriously.
Sadly now Williams is in this position.
Surely they should have decided by now!
Surely it would be more fair to give drivers time to prepare and to get to know their new team and also not to keep drivers waiting around wondering about their future.
It's always the same teams - HRT, Virgin (Marussia) and now Williams have joined the club.

astracrazy
astracrazy

It's teams that seem to rely on pay drivers. They aren't signing a driver for there talent, more to fill the whole in there budget for the current season. I guess what there doing is seeing who by a certain date can stump up the most amount of money.

Of course, its my opinion and prob is bull. But i bet its not far off the mark.

Donuts

James Allen writes that sources inside the team say that Adrian Sutil is no longer in contention for the second seat at Williams.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.