The Latest Lotus/Team Lotus Chapter

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium

The Latest Lotus/Team Lotus Chapter

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95088

Looks like the naming rights will be dragged on a good bit longer with Ferrari, Sauber and HRT dragging their heels.

The reasoning id recon is this:

Ferrari = Thinks that Group Lotus and Bahar could damage the sports immage and thus dosnt want the team to become Lotus-Renatlt and would rather it was kept as Lotus Renault GP with Lotus as the title sponsor and not team owner. This wouldnt mean anything to Renault Sport who supply the engines as they dont fget any payment from prise moneys, just paid the €10m a season for engine and KERS supply.

Sauber = Want to force Lotus Renault GP into a chamge of chassis name so that they can get more monet in the constructors title, even if they dont overhaul Force India, they will still be better off by arround €5m to €6m.

HRT = Same as sauber, but for Team Lotus, as they would love to get their hands on at least €53m prise monet they would get for P10 in the constructors title, and im sure that €53m for Hispania would be a gold mine of money that could and would be invested in making their car faster, as by the old rule; .3 of a second faster coosts €10m, so this would be roughly a minimum 1.5 seconds to them???

I can see Team Lotus being renamed Team Caterham-Renault or Caterham-Renault, but i can see Ferrari and Sauber getting their way with Renault and force them to take the voulentary change and drop the €65m prise money plus the €20m historical payment. The historical payment would then be passed to Mercedes i belive, not Red Bull as i thought it would be.

Whats everyones thoughts???

Mr Alcatraz

Re: The Latest Lotus/Team Lotus Chapter

I would like to see Lotus continue to do what they appear to be doing, which is nothing more than what D. Hobbs reminded me of in P2 in HD. That is; ‘being competitive in three years’ challenging midfield. I’m not too worried about the name, although it should be cool. 8)
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 03 Nov 2011, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quoted post
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

cbbcisace

HRT are needing the money, but are also wanting to change their name as well ESP? anymore on that?
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 03 Nov 2011, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed unnecessary quoted post; look at OP

N12ck

The other day on Lotus Cars facebook page they said : Lotus Racing GP, and they then corrected it to Lotus Renault GP,

They have now launched a kart racing team called Lotus Racing Karts,

could Lotus Racing the name be coming back with Lotus Renault GP? Or will Lotus Renault GP be called Team Lotus next season, or stay as Lotus Renault GP
Budding F1 Engineer

CHT
CHT

There was a report that Genii might be buying into Group Lotus

http://paultan.org/2011/10/10/gerard-lo ... oup-lotus/

kalinka

If an average fan can understand all that confusion that's written down in only a few posts here, I will eat my hat - and exactly that's the big problem why it shouldn't be allowed for a team to change name so frequently. I'm pretty much informed regarding F1, but it was hard task to understand all this mess.

N12ck

Now that it has been resolved, team lotus = caterham, LRGP = lotus, I wonder if team lotus will keep the green and yellow
Budding F1 Engineer

Steven
Owner

LRGP > Lotus will surely continue with the black and gold livery, which would be a good thing for people to know it's the same team as this year.

Team Lotus > Caterham will be the name of the actual chassis. I would think they will change liveries completely, including some red from AirAsia perhaps. Does caterham have any racing colours or something?

beelsebob

Tomba wrote:LRGP > Lotus will surely continue with the black and gold livery, which would be a good thing for people to know it's the same team as this year.

Team Lotus > Caterham will be the name of the actual chassis. I would think they will change liveries completely, including some red from AirAsia perhaps. Does caterham have any racing colours or something?
I thought their norm was white with an orange stripe down the middle, much like the current lotus design, but with different colours.

N12ck

I hope they drop the red on the LRGP's ,so surely, it will be Lotus GP next year then,, so within 3 years we have had this many teams with lotus name in:

Lotus Racing
Team Lotus
Lotus Renault GP
Lotus GP (2012?)
Budding F1 Engineer

CHT
CHT

Now tony is coming out with a new premium airline call Caterham Jet..what next?

FW17

QPR Hotels

awizul

Seems like they'll keep the same livery..

http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/843201/b7d630976e/ARCHIVE

Richard

A lot of Caterhams adopt the Lotus livery, after all they are the original Lotus 7.

FW17

Does this mean Group Lotus owns the rights to Team Lotus or is that still with Tony