2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 21-24 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob

2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 21-24 Feb

Mercedes will be here with their new car; Marussia should be here with their new car; HRT are undecided whether the F111 will come to Barcelona for this test.

cbbcisace

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Marussia won't be with their new car until the 2nd Barcelona Test.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97162/

beelsebob

cbbcisace wrote:Marussia won't be with their new car until the 2nd Barcelona Test.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97162/
Good call – I had read another article which stated "second test at Barcelona" as "second test, at Barcelona"

Hail22

In Soviet Russia Marussia is WDC car....
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

sheesh.

Anyways looks as if the data collected from Jerez will show some different looking cars? (possible return of the Mclaren U side pod?).

Random however...I thought this was funny, lets do the montreal Grand Prix right now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcX5H8aaeU
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 12 Feb 2012, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: test related comments too much to ask for? =)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

italian

In the first day little rain is expected.
Ferrari: Day 1 & Day 2 - Fernando Alonso
McLaren: Day 1 & Day 2 - Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari: Day 3 & Day 4 - Felipe Massa
McLaren: Day 3 & Day 4 - Jenson Button
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Hail22

The question is in regards to the Barcelona test with the "rumour" of a new floor and apparently the F2012 has the design with the new side crash structure which include a flow vent going under the floor outside the pod and larger wing (internals contain two crush rods for apparent "driver safety".

viewtopic.php?p=299516#p299516
Last edited by Steven on 12 Feb 2012, 15:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Add link to post first bringing this up

Gilles Villeneuve

marcush.

As I understand ,HRT failed nose and Rollhoop tests and is not allowed to simply redo these tests .anyone out there to know how the proceedure is when submitted components fail crash tests ?
New enquiry with simulation /calculation proof of performance? or is there a limit on attempts for these tests?

italian

Ferrari: Day 1 & Day 2 - Fernando Alonso
McLaren: Day 1 & Day 2 - Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari: Day 3 & Day 4 - Felipe Massa
McLaren: Day 3 & Day 4 - Jenson Button

Mercedes Gp: Day 1 & Day 3 - Michael Schumacher
Mercedes Gp: Day 2 & Day 4 - Nico Rosberg
Test calendar: http://www.mediafire.com/?a9attr6esazbyad
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Polarbear

marcush. wrote:As I understand ,HRT failed nose and Rollhoop tests and is not allowed to simply redo these tests .anyone out there to know how the proceedure is when submitted components fail crash tests ?
New enquiry with simulation /calculation proof of performance? or is there a limit on attempts for these tests?
There is no limit on the umber of tests - but all tests must be completed on the same chassis. Therefore, even if you pass, for example, a SIS push test, but fail the roll hoop, any repairs you make to the chassis will require the team to do all tests again.

I believe this is done to ensure the monocoques are sufficient to withstand cumulative damage, including impact tests.

Hope this helps.

Lca1443

Pretty excited about this test, think we'll see cars much closer to race spec. Times won't mean anything, but its always nice to see the new features.

raymondu999

I actually think parts will be introduced at Barca 2 rather than Barca 1
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

We may even see new chassis' remember that the rule this year now allows any amount of chassis so long as it passes the crash test.

So will we see a race spec car...probably not Barca 1 i still feel the launch cars will show there prototype faces...

Barca 2 however....we may see different chassis from the top teams, new floors (Ferraris wafer thin shiny floor).

Gilles Villeneuve

ArchAngel

From AutoSport.com:
Mercedes completed a private test of its new W03 at Barcelona today, ahead of the next full-field test at the track, which starts on Tuesday.

Because Mercedes only used three of the four days of the opening test at Jerez, it was able to complete 200 kilometres of private running today. Michael Schumacher drove in the morning, before Nico Rosberg took over for the afternoon...

Full story at http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97579

Hail22

I'm getting chills down my spine, so secret like old times.

I wonder what they will do during testing maybe make a makeshift box on rollers so other teams cannot peak at their car, I really hope this year is going to be a nail biter without Sebastiens mono line "Yes Yes thats what i'm talking about" haha xD

Gilles Villeneuve