Poll: Who deserves the WDC title 2012 the most?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who do you think deserves the WDC title 2012 the most?

Poll ended at 09 Mar 2013, 23:22

Sebastian Vettel
23%
Fernando Alonso
35%
Kimi Räikkönen
7%
Lewis Hamilton
32%
Jenson Button
No votes
Michael Schumacher
2%
Other driver
1%

Total votes: 128

Adrian Newby
Adrian Newby

Re: Poll: Who deserves the WDC title 2012 the most?

Intego wrote:
Adrian Newby wrote:*I think* the main title of this thread is "Poll: Who deserves the WDC title 2012 the most?"
Don't be nit-picky, it was to keep the title short, the poll question is "Who do you think deserves the WDC title 2012 the most?".
It's quite obvious that we express our opinions. "To deserve" is always a human feeling and hence subjective. That's why the title is not "Who became World Champion 2012?" as the answer is Sebastian Vettel.
The person who scores the most championship points deserves the WDC title.

Any other interpretation depends on how each person defines "deserves".

Intego

The World Driver Championship is about car, team, driver, luck, stewards abilities, conspiracies, whatever.
This thread is about the driver.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Adrian Newby
Adrian Newby

Intego wrote:The World Driver Championship is about car, team, driver, luck, stewards abilities, conspiracies, whatever.
This thread is about the driver.
Do you just like to argue? Let it go, Dude.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Adrian Newby wrote:
Do you just like to argue? Let it go, Dude.
Nice to see you back around mate. I wondere if you fell off face of the earth? :lol:

As to the OP, I think it's rather telling of the votes who most people support on this forum. For sure Vettel & Alonso were the most deserving.

Had McLaren not had so many cock-ups they would have been there for sure. But that's part of what it takes to win. But that's my opinion.

Adrian Newby
Adrian Newby

Wassup Crucial? Yeah, I banished myself from the planet for a while. :lol: Thought I'd give you guys a break!

I agree Hamilton would have won if he'd had the reliability of the others. Saw him win in Austin, but was hoping for The Finger.

raymondu999

Well let's look at the question. Who deserves the WDC. Let's take a look at the WDC - it's a prize/accolade/title/record that is bestowed upon whoever ends the F1 season with the most points. So given that Vettel has fulfilled that brief the best, Vettel deserves this without question.

Unless, of course, the thread title is misleading and you guys are instead talking of "Who drove the best in 2012..."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cam

To say anyone other than the points winner deserves the WDC is just poor form.

The prize is not for the 'most likeable' or the 'most improved' or the 'fastest lap time' or the 'most reliable' or for the person who 'did it the toughest' - the WDC is awarded to the driver who collected the most points over a season, with all the ups and downs included. In a year where Maldonado won a race, anyone who had the most points after the season we just witnessed, certainly deserves the title.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Cylinder
Cylinder

Cam wrote:To say anyone other than the points winner deserves the WDC is just poor form.
Not sure youv'e quite grasped the concept of the difference between a driver extracting pretty much the maximum in a car that has never been the outright fastest car over the season, and someone who was behind in the title race until a major development push by his team gave him a clear car advantage over championship leader.

It's not as simple as, whoever has the most points deserves it more, If Karthikean drives the HRT to within 3 points of the WDC and Vettel wins it 4th time, you telling me vettel deserves it more?

The point is, and this my opinion....

Put Fernando Alonso in the fastest car.

Title aint going down to the wire. You'd be looking at Michael Schumacher 2000-2005 UNLESS lewis hamilton had a rival machine.

Alonso today is like schumacher back in 1996-2000, years of no world title and yet most sane people knew schumacher was still the best driver hustling the max out of inferior cars, when Schumacher finally got his hands on the car, it was game over for everyone else and the FIA ended up having to change the rules to stop him winning too much.

Richard
Richard

As your mother would say "It's for your own good"