2013 Testing - Jerez 5-8 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: 2013 Testing - Jerez - 5th to 8th Feb

I'd be doing handstands and cartwheels in frustration of not being in a car right now if I was Lewis.

astracrazy
astracrazy

GrizzleBoy wrote:I'd be doing handstands and cartwheels in frustration of not being in a car right now if I was Lewis.
If it was his day today he'd be out of the car any way :lol: his prob glad he wasn't driving today as he wouldn't of had much running.

stefan_
stefan_

This is how the 1st day of 2013 testing ends.

via Autosport
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

iotar__

Maybe they needed to test the pump (designed N. Lauda) so Button's time was done on relatively low fuel?

Either that or championship is over, we can skip the season and give the titles to McLaren [-o<. Second option, and let me be the first to give this obligatory explanation, McLaren are running underweight to show Hamilton what he's missing.

SchumiSutil
SchumiSutil

None of this. But Mclaren looks quick and quite consistent the first time out, it is never a bad thing. Remember that it was the same with Lotus last year, and the Lotus indeed was there. Anyway, it would be foolish to say anything about the performances.

wesley123
wesley123

iotar__ wrote:Maybe they needed to test the pump (designed N. Lauda) so Button's time was done on relatively low fuel?

Either that or championship is over, we can skip the season and give the titles to McLaren [-o<. Second option, and let me be the first to give this obligatory explanation, McLaren are running underweight to show Hamilton what he's missing.

Test times say absolutely nothing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

wesley123 wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Maybe they needed to test the pump (designed N. Lauda) so Button's time was done on relatively low fuel?

Test times say absolutely nothing.
Lest we believe Red Bull are a second slower than McLaren, Ferrari is a tenth slower than a Torro Rosso and Sauber are two seconds off the pace.

Sambo

As enjoyable as it is, Formula 1 is a multi billion pound world-wide business. So, with that in mind I very much doubt Mclaren will be messing with with a load of playground crap by running underweight just to spite Hamilton.

H'e moved on, deal with it. I'm sure both parties have!

Nando
Nando

11 laps..... eleven...

Hamilton got some work tomorrow.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

stefan_
stefan_

Overall I think it was a productive day for the teams, gathering a lot of data (especially FI, RB, Williams with the old car) and doing check runs. I was expecting more from McLaren, but they had their own... issues. The fastest lap of JB was probably a morale boost (like Ferrari did last year and Williams two years ago), but it's better to have this kind of problems in testing and see where some parts are going in terms of wear and reliability.
Productive day for myself as well - I think I hit the 100 mark in photos & links posted.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

Nando wrote:11 laps..... eleven...

Hamilton got some work tomorrow.
Or not, depending wether or not the car holds it together.
#AeroFrodo

turbof1

Re: McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

Autosport usually is correct on such things.
#AeroFrodo

gary123

turbof1 wrote:Autosport usually is correct on such things.
i trust autosport,but even pirelli said that they wouldnt bring the supersoft tires for jerez but there still people that say that button used supersofts :shock:

Blackout

All cars (bar Marussia and Williams)

Last edited by Blackout on 06 Feb 2013, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

gary123 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Autosport usually is correct on such things.
i trust autosport,but even pirelli said that they wouldnt bring the supersoft tires for jerez but there still people that say that button used supersofts :shock:
yes, http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 87382.html
article is a bit confusing. Pirelli didn't want to bring but apparently McLaren chose to have 5 sets of them... :?:
And,
McLaren: "We used hard and supersoft."

And we can clearly see the red tyres on the pictures, not sure if they used it durng the fatsest lap, but pretty obvious (they did).

So, autosport.com got a little confused I think (not the first time they got it wrong with the tyres compound in testing).
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.