Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Re: Haas - American team in F1

KeiKo403 wrote:The old Marüssia factory in Banbüry wasn't it?
Haha... i see what you did there.

Im getting pretty pumped for Haas!!!!

Moose
Moose

sgth0mas wrote:
KeiKo403 wrote:The old Marüssia factory in Banbüry wasn't it?
Haha... i see what you did there.

Im getting pretty pumped for Haas!!!!
Dönt ÿöü mëän Hääs?

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Thunders wrote:Because F1 is only allowed to use 60% Scale Models for Wind Tunnel Testing and it's too expensive to Up (or Down)grade the Windshear Tunnel only for the F1 Project. At least that's what i heard.

In theory this would be prety much the best Wind Tunnel you can get.
But the rule only applies to the model surely. They can stick a 60-% model in Windshear.

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

tok-tokkie wrote:
Thunders wrote:Because F1 is only allowed to use 60% Scale Models for Wind Tunnel Testing and it's too expensive to Up (or Down)grade the Windshear Tunnel only for the F1 Project. At least that's what i heard.

In theory this would be prety much the best Wind Tunnel you can get.
But the rule only applies to the model surely. They can stick a 60-% model in Windshear.
I can't see why not either, moreover the Ferrari tunnel is not at all comparable to Windshear, which also is owned by Haas.

http://www.windshearinc.com/

The whole thing is rather strange, why other F1-teams have been suspicious over what Haas is really doing at Ferrari,
didn't the FIA make an inspection a few months back for that reason?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119322

kptaylor
kptaylor

]Haas - "A Ferrari reserve driver will get one of the seats."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120728
Gene Haas says a Ferrari reserve driver will pilot one of his cars when the Formula 1 newcomer makes its debut next season.

Haas has a technical partnership and engine supply deal with Ferrari for 2016, with the team receiving all 'non-listed' parts from Ferrari as well as using the Scuderia's windtunnel.

While Haas would not be drawn on names, the team owner's comments suggest Ferrari reserve Esteban Gutierrez is set to get a seat.

Ferrari's test driver and former Toro Rosso racer Jean-Eric Vergne is also in contention.

"Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, we'll have something to say," Haas told AUTOSPORT.

"One of the drivers will be a Ferrari reserve driver and we're still looking for an experienced Formula 1 driver, a current driver. No rookies."

Team principal Gunther Steiner added: "We're just trying to find the driver who best suits what we are looking for.

"We would like that both have driven F1 car before.

"One we want with real experience, one who has been through a few years in F1."

McLaren reserve Kevin Magnussen and Lotus racer Romain Grosjean are understood to be on Haas's list, which has been slimmed down to below the previously indicated 10 names after Nico Hulkenberg re-signed with Force India.

Haas admitted the driver recruitment process in F1 was a learning experience, adding his outfit had made an offer to a driver that was declined.

"It is a process," said Haas. "It's about going back and forth and just learning how to dance with the different drivers and working out who is going to be with us.

"We did make an offer to one driver, which was declined.

"It's a learning experience."
Well, I would guess that means GUT since he's the reserve, and there were pictures of them together at Monza. I really do hope JEV gets paired up with him.

FW17

Shouldn’t an American team have an American driver?

GS: There is nobody out there at the moment. Yes, there are drivers in GP2 and Formula Three, but having a rookie in a new team… that is difficult for both sides. The potential of such a partnership failing is pretty high. So at the moment we’d rather not be looking at that avenue, because you are also not helping an inexperienced driver - he could be burned in one season. We are new, so we need a known quantity in the team.
Sad that Josef Newgarden and Graham Rahal are not considered good enough.

WaikeCU

I was actually thinking of Juan Pablo Montoya, but since he doesn't have any interest in F1 anymore, then he's out too. Surely the guy has speed and knows how to race despite his age.

mertol

Should have sent Kimi in Haas.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Shouldn’t an American team have an American driver?

GS: There is nobody out there at the moment. Yes, there are drivers in GP2 and Formula Three, but having a rookie in a new team… that is difficult for both sides. The potential of such a partnership failing is pretty high. So at the moment we’d rather not be looking at that avenue, because you are also not helping an inexperienced driver - he could be burned in one season. We are new, so we need a known quantity in the team.
Sad that Josef Newgarden and Graham Rahal are not considered good enough.
Its the F1 experience theyre after. Its not like they are saying newgarden and rahal arent good enough racing drivers, they just arent good enough in all other aspects of F1 like development, race weekend dynamics, the overall hybrid powertrain...etc.

adrianjordan

I forget, does Perez have a contract for 2016 yet? South American, experience and reasonable speed and good with tyres which could be important for a new team too.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PlatinumZealot

JEVGUTI

8)
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Hail22

I'd like to see Jean Eric Vergne in HAAS next year and finally be given a chance to show his qualities, personally I didn't really like his technique / attitude in Toro Rosso but since being at Ferrari he's really become quite the polarising figure and ambassador for the brand.

He's atteded other sporting events spruiking the Ferrari brand with pride but as well with deep passion and conviction which shows he's ready for a full time gig in Formula, because isn't that what formula 1 has become? A business selling brand?

Good driver, marketable figure and with the right setup he could be destined for great things.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SteveRacer

Is Magnussen available? I thought he did quite well for being paired up with a World Champion and being so young. He also has experience with a current F1 car. How many of the other available drivers have driven a V6 f1 car?

Januza
Januza

SteveRacer wrote:Is Magnussen available? I thought he did quite well for being paired up with a World Champion and being so young. He also has experience with a current F1 car. How many of the other available drivers have driven a V6 f1 car?
Yes Kevin is still looking and is according to Danish news a top contender to the seat. Problem for Kevin is lack of sponsors but then again HAAS so enough money to bring in a talented driver instead of a paid driver..

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

I'd really like to see Mag driving in F1 sometime soon. I think he's got a lot of potential.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg