Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Re: Haas - American team in F1

sgth0mas wrote:Awesome! Good to see haas get a relatively solid driver and not just a pay driver.
Relatively solid driver???? Best joke I've heard this week.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

turbof1

strad wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:Awesome! Good to see haas get a relatively solid driver and not just a pay driver.
Grosjean is very angry at you:

In all fairness, this is not the same driver as a few years back. He has matured, he has experience and simple is a solid driver.
#AeroFrodo

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

strad wrote:
Im not sure if you think hes better or worse than solid. Can you elaborate?

Regardless, im happy for haas...it seems theyre on a good path.

AnthonyG

sgth0mas wrote:
strad wrote:
Im not sure if you think hes better or worse than solid. Can you elaborate?

Regardless, im happy for haas...it seems theyre on a good path.
Grosjean is one of the best drivers on the grid, very composed, balanced and just plain fast. "Relative" doesn't do him just.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

ME4ME

Personally I regard Grosjean as no less a driver then Bottas, Hulkenberg and Perez. I think he has done a stunning job all year, keeping in mind he missed FP1 many times etc. Haas couldn't realistically got a better driver.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

AnthonyG wrote:

Grosjean is one of the best drivers on the grid, very composed, balanced and just plain fast. "Relative" doesn't do him just.
Maybe wording it differently will help it make sense. Relative to other drivers in midfield cars, hes a solid driver.

Now comparing him to alonso, vet, or ham...hes just a regular midfielder.

AnthonyG

My opinion differs. :)
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Blackout

He's always been very fast and consistent in his lap times. But since the second half of 2013 when he sorted out some tehcnical (and psychological?) problems, he became very solid. He showed in the second part of 2013 that with a good car and enough support from his team he can be a top driver. Since then he rarely does mistakes and seems to exploit his cars at their maximum

Richard
Richard

I'm sure we can agree that it's good that Haas has an established & talented F1 driver.

WaikeCU

I believe Grosjean is one of those drivers on the grid that has raw pace. He has shown that more than often when Kimi was his teammate. What lacks him in becoming one of the greatest is his spatial awareness, which can make him look clumsy. Other than that he's one of the fastest on the grid.

Thunder

I'm impressed Haas could land a deal with Grosjean. Surely he will help them a Ton.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mertol

WaikeCU wrote:I believe Grosjean is one of those drivers on the grid that has raw pace. He has shown that more than often when Kimi was his teammate. What lacks him in becoming one of the greatest is his spatial awareness, which can make him look clumsy. Other than that he's one of the fastest on the grid.
Kimi has pace =D>
So slower than Kimi and with bad spatial awareness. Sure is a solid driver... for a rookie team maybe.

Andres125sx

Obviously Grosjean in not one of the best drivers in the grid, but for a new team he´s one of the best they could hire. At least that´s how I see it, didn´t expect Haas with any better driver than Romain, this actually surprised me, I was expecting two rookies.

lebesset
lebesset

so Haas in 2016 and Ferrari in 2017
nice career progression
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Blackout wrote:He's always been very fast and consistent in his lap times. But since the second half of 2013 when he sorted out some tehcnical (and psychological?) problems, he became very solid. He showed in the second part of 2013 that with a good car and enough support from his team he can be a top driver. Since then he rarely does mistakes and seems to exploit his cars at their maximum
Indeed, criminally underrated driver. People's perception of Grosjean is generally blinded by 'he crashed into my favourite driver'. He was a big enough man to hold his hands up in 2012 and accept some mentoring to help him with his decision making and has been very solid indeed since the start of 2013, culminating in some brilliant drives in Suzuka & Abu Dhabi.

He's quick, he's consistent and he's very clever. Which is why Ferrari were very keen to get him into the Haas seat.