Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bdr529

Re: Haas - American team in F1

Manoah2u wrote:
bdr529 wrote:I think there's more to it then just a little sticker on the car

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/ ... 2kqhkd.jpg

the FXX K sounds great by the way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0MGc5LQso
oh wait, silly me, i was expecting something in the lines of Haas F1 team promotion on anything F1 related, i didn't know private track placed banners count as proof Haas has proven their big words......
I have no clue what your talking about Manoah2u
I was commenting on the original quote with a picture of a really big HAAS sticker, It was tongue and cheek :roll:
Charlatan wrote: And that "Ferrari partnership", the only tangible evidence seen so far is that tiny sticker on Ferrari's 2014 car, isn't it?

FW17

There are 2 groups here^

One who thinks that Haas is not going to happen. But there is quiet a bit of evidence that thing are happening in the background in a totally new ways of various partnerships

The other group is just a bunch of impatient people who are just dissatisfied with F1 as a whole and the lack of access to information of what is happening at Haas F1 and who would like to know if Haas is the next BAR or HRT

Richard
Richard

Oh dear, the anti-HAAS trolling came back again. It's been deleted.

Charlatan
Charlatan

Richard wrote:Oh dear, the anti-HAAS trolling came back again. It's been deleted.

Why do you as a moderator consider a discussion over the seriosity of the Haas team "trolling", isn't that a strong expression?

FW17

Why don't u just open a Haas troll (or seriosity) thread separately and leave this one in peace?

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Charlatan wrote:
Richard wrote:Oh dear, the anti-HAAS trolling came back again. It's been deleted.

Why do you as a moderator consider a discussion over the seriosity of the Haas team "trolling", isn't that a strong expression?
Because without data its simply trash talking a team.

ME4ME

To silence the doubters 8)

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/featu ... 1418246950

A lot of info about the HAAS team, and many quotes from Gunther Steiner.

Chase3009
Chase3009

Here is some information which could be relevant to Haas F1. Last week Go Daddy announced that they would not be renewing their sponsorship of Danica Patrick's SHR car. The link to the information is here.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... ick-nascar

This in itself isn't really relevant, but when you look at the statement released by Go Daddy it gets a little more interesting.
"NASCAR has been a tremendous domestic platform to help us achieve an 81 percent aided brand awareness domestically, but at this stage, we need a range of marketing assets that reach a more globally-diverse set of customers,"
That to me screams F1. They already have a relationship with Haas through the Nascar program so it appears logical that if they are looking at appealing to a "globally diverse set of customers" that sponsoring the F1 team is a pretty safe bet at this point.

Who knows, maybe they are bringing Danica with them? :lol:

bdr529

Chase3009 wrote: Who knows, maybe they are bringing Danica with them? :lol:
You must have been sitting the sun all weekend long watching the NFL draft :D

r_b_l
r_b_l

WilliamsF1 wrote: The other group is just a bunch of impatient people who are just dissatisfied with F1 as a whole and the lack of access to information of what is happening at Haas F1 and who would like to know if Haas is the next BAR or HRT

I hope its more like BAR as long as they don't say they will win the championship in the first season.

Ohh how I do miss those Reynard chassis, especially that BAR003, even if it was hard to handle by two top notch drivers.

countersteer
countersteer

Chase3009 wrote:
"NASCAR has been a tremendous domestic platform to help us achieve an 81 percent aided brand awareness domestically, but at this stage, we need a range of marketing assets that reach a more globally-diverse set of customers,"
That to me screams F1. They already have a relationship with Haas through the Nascar program so it appears logical that if they are looking at appealing to a "globally diverse set of customers" that sponsoring the F1 team is a pretty safe bet at this point.

Interesting. This one might be fun to watch. Keep in mind that GoDaddy said that they were dropping sponsorship of the car but renewing a personal services contract with Danica. I think she'll stay in NASCAR because the money is good. But IF GoDaddy goes to F1, don't be surprised to see Danica as part of the ad campaign, at least stateside.

FW17

countersteer wrote:
Chase3009 wrote:

Interesting. This one might be fun to watch. Keep in mind that GoDaddy said that they were dropping sponsorship of the car but renewing a personal services contract with Danica. I think she'll stay in NASCAR because the money is good. But IF GoDaddy goes to F1, don't be surprised to see Danica as part of the ad campaign, at least stateside.
And the honorary title of development driver.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Danica cant be a development driver, shes actually done pretty well and won races (I think).

Anyway, I know the possible yellow colour scheme has been hinted at but I think Gunther Steiner acidently confirmed it in a bit for autosport:

"The cars will not just be yellow Ferraris,"

From here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118759
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

they gave away before they're intenting to go yellow but indeed, it's more or less of a confirmation for the color.
A good thing, as the field needs more yellow. I still don't think Renault is going to like this, but hey, should've bought a team themselves if they wish so.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FW17

Manoah2u wrote:they gave away before they're intenting to go yellow but indeed, it's more or less of a confirmation for the color.
A good thing, as the field needs more yellow. I still don't think Renault is going to like this, but hey, should've bought a team themselves if they wish so.

Renault can paint their car french blue