Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Haas - American team in F1

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:they gave away before they're intenting to go yellow but indeed, it's more or less of a confirmation for the color.
A good thing, as the field needs more yellow. I still don't think Renault is going to like this, but hey, should've bought a team themselves if they wish so.

Renault can paint their car french blue
#-o #-o #-o seriously?

ever heard of brand recognition? ever seen Renault's official colour?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Moxie
Moxie

Facts Only wrote:Danica cant be a development driver, shes actually done pretty well and won races (I think).

Anyway, I know the possible yellow colour scheme has been hinted at but I think Gunther Steiner acidently confirmed it in a bit for autosport:

"The cars will not just be yellow Ferraris,"

From here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118759
Let's be realistic, Danica is not jumping into an F1 car anytime soon, if ever. However from a PR point of view I think it would be a benefit to the team if she were to be involved in some capacity. Of course it would also depend upon her own desires for her career. She does have significant open wheel experience and has won at least one race in the Indy Car series, as well as taken pole position for the Daytona 500 (obviously not open wheel, but an accomplishment in its own right).

As lucerative as it may be, she may be tired of being perceived as a piece of eye candy. Is she interested in pursuing a role in team management? Might she accept a position that allows her to help develop the car, while at the same time learn the inner workings of project management in F1? Perhaps she wants to get seat time in a simulator and in test or practice sessions just to see for herself of she has the chops?

Of course these questions are the result of my own wild speculation. I do believe it would be a benefit to team Haas if Danica Patrick is involved in some capacity.

FW17

Manoah2u wrote:
Renault can paint their car french blue
#-o #-o #-o seriously?

ever heard of brand recognition? ever seen Renault's official colour?[/quote]

:o So it has to be only yelllow?

FW17

Hass and Dallara should build a car for Kubica. That would be fun

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

WilliamsF1 wrote:
:o So it has to be only yelllow?
go ahead and see Renault F1's heritage, you wouldn't ask or say that if you did.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

FW17

Renault heritage goes back to national racing colours where they were always blue.

Of course you would miss it as these pictures are in black and white

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

gawd. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Renault logo since 1972

since 2004.

Équipe Renault Elf (1977–1985)

Renault F1 Team (2002–2010)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Renault in Formula 1.
Apart from that, go ahead and type in google 'Renault Sport' and tell me what colour you see.

YELLOW. Renault = yellow.

now let's go back ontopic to Haas F1 team.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

posted before, but let's do it again

Daliracing

What is Go Daddy will be a sponsor? will the car then also have green in it?

strad

posted before, but let's do it again
I actually quite like that paint scheme :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

I like the bottom one a bit. Yellow may turn out nice unless Renault come out and double it up.

ajprice
ajprice

Now that there's no link between Renault/Alpine and Caterham, Renault could go in as the Alpine brand, blue cars with the orange stripe.

Alpine LMP2 car

HAAS yellow, Alpine blue, more colours instead of black/grey/silver cars. Everybody's happy.

f1316
f1316

I know it's because of the sponsor, but those alonso championship Renaults always had a lot of blue; to the extent that if you had asked me 'which is the Renault', I would have said 'the blue one'.

In any case, if you're willing to change the colour for a sponsor, you might be willing to do so for other reasons (e.g. To differentiate from another yellow car).

bdr529

If were going to use a companies corporate colours as some sort of entitlement to the use of Yellow, then I think you have to bow to Ferrari, yellow with black have been their official colours since inception, but raced under the Italian national colour of Red

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

At least one experienced driver for Haas, via Adam Cooper
As its plans progress and the new team gains credibility more drivers are indicating an interest – and Haas agrees that bigger names are likely to join that list as time goes by.

“You can’t really sign up a driver until you get near the end of the season. Because you don’t really know who’s going to be available. We’re certainly not going to start off with a novice driver that has no experience in F1.