Haas - American team in F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Re: Haas - American team in F1

sgth0mas wrote:
ChrisF1 wrote:
Sixbarboost wrote:What is wrong with an all american sponsor?
Nothing, it would be very welcome.

It's just not sensible from a business POV in terms of bang for your buck. NASCAR offers nationwide coverage on 30+ weekends a year, whilst F1 is in the Americas for just 4 races and costs way more.
American companies would sponsor an F1 team specifically to take their brand worldwide.

That is literally the reason Haas got into f1
Haas got into F1, because his company can, and hopes to, do the CNC bits teams spend a fortune creating inhouse.

kptaylor
kptaylor

ChrisF1 wrote:They're knocking the door down aren't they :lol:
Don't you think it may depend upon who they sign as driver? If a driver's bringing a large sponsor (think Nasr), your livery may not turn out to be what you were thinking before that sponsor materialized.

countersteer
countersteer

Playing connect the dots.....

GoDaddy will no longer sponsor a Sprint Cup car currently driven by Danica Patrick. Note that this car is part of the Stewart-Haas team meaning they have a relationship with Gene Haas. GoDaddy stated that they are "leaving NASCAR at the end of the 2015 season, as the company looks to diversify its marketing investment across more channels and regions."

Two points... GoDaddy was bought from its original owners by an ownership group that stated they will "change directions" and lose the racy risque commercials. They have also stated plans to grow internationally. Finally, they will continue to have a personal contract with Danica Patrick.

It wouldn't surprise me if GoDaddy played a significant part of the sponsorship package for Haas F1. I do NOT believe that this will lead to a seat for Danica in the F1 car although I wouldn't be surprised if she played a significant part of an advertising campaign during the races at COTA and Canada which may include a "demo" run. You may recall that Sarah Fisher drove a McLaren at one of the USGP's at Indy. (and, please, don't let this trigger another discussion on the merits of Danica Patrick, lol...)

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/g ... ies-042915

bdr529

Jonnycraig wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:
American companies would sponsor an F1 team specifically to take their brand worldwide.

That is literally the reason Haas got into f1
Haas got into F1, because his company can, and hopes to, do the CNC bits teams spend a fortune creating inhouse.
Hass is not entering into F1 to be a subcontractor to the other teams,
They're going into F1 to promote his CNC machines to companies world wide that manufacture a multitude of products ranging from car parts, watches, surgical equipment etc.....

FW17

I hope Robin Frijns is considered for a seat in the 10 candidates Haas is discussing with.

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

Jonnycraig wrote:
I doubt it, I suspect Haas has created an illusion of an F1 team, only to allow Ferrari free windtunnel time.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

So the driver choice is Gutierrez, Rossi, Vergne, maybe Marciello, certainly not Hulkenberg.
Raikkonen decision means Hulkenberg has to wave goodbye to his F1 dreams.

The decision to keep Kimi Raikkonen on at Ferrari is the confirmation that Ferrari do not rate Nico Hulkenburg. The under-performing Finn retains his seat despite Ferrari having the option of taking Hulkenberg for a lower salary, and no contract release fee.

This is the clear sign that they're stalling on a driver decision and picking one of two drivers for 2017. The first option is Bottas, passed over this year because of the rumored £10m buyout clause. Option two is Max Verstappen, a youngster who is tied down within the Red Bull young driver academy.

Clearly Ferrari know one of these will be available in 2017, and they aren't even willing to risk giving Hulkenberg a seat for one season, demonstrating a clear lack of faith in his ability.

With the Mercedes, Mclaren, Ferrari and Williams seats filled for 2016, there are no podium cars available. Surely it's time for Hulkenburg to apply his talents elsewhere, and why not head to the World Endurance Championship for what could still be a 15 year career....
Last edited by ChrisF1 on 21 Aug 2015, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

Thunder

Just as a side Note. It's Hülkenberg, not Hulkenburg.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

Thunders wrote:Just as a side Note. It's Hülkenberg, not Hulkenburg.
Tomato - Tomayto.

WaikeCU

Hulkenberg to replace Massa perhaps? That's the only logical thing I can think of, but in honest I could see Massa do another season at Williams. Safest bet would be to stay at FI for the moment if he wants to stick around in F1 and wait till next season to see what will happen at Ferrari. 2017 might shake things up performance wise due to the radical rule changes that are expected.

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

I think the best for Haas F1 would be to perhaps hire Scott Speed, whatever he's doing nowadays?

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

WaikeCU wrote:Hulkenberg to replace Massa perhaps? That's the only logical thing I can think of, but in honest I could see Massa do another season at Williams. Safest bet would be to stay at FI for the moment if he wants to stick around in F1 and wait till next season to see what will happen at Ferrari. 2017 might shake things up performance wise due to the radical rule changes that are expected.
Massa re-signed for 2016.

Why would Hulkenberg stay, it's been made clear he isn't wanted by Ferrari. They could have had him, they didn't because they favour Bottas or Verstappen.

I honestly cannot believe that people think Hulk can do another season in the midfield and get a top drive.

PlatinumZealot

Those two little dot thingies are not on the keyboard this side of the globe.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

Sixbarboost wrote:I think the best for Haas F1 would be to perhaps hire Scott Speed, whatever he's doing nowadays?
Why?

He has zero experience in these cars.
Zero experience in a top team.
His speed is questionable...
His technical communication skills would be at best average with these new cars.

I think those were Guenther Steiner's driver requirements and Scott Speed is wanting in all of them.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Those two little dot thingies are not on the keyboard this side of the globe.
It's not the umlaut, it's the berg/burg that I was unable to spell correctly. :oops: