2 teams for van der Garde??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

2 teams for van der Garde??

http://www.f1technical.net/news/4816

How is it possible that Giedo van der Garde is the third driver at Super Aguri and is announced now as Friday driver for Spyker????

Steven
Owner

Hehe that's quite a busy fellow if you ask me:

Van Der Garde joins McLaren Youth programme 26 Jan 2006
Super Aguri signs Van Der Garde as third driver 15 Dec 2006
Spyker announces test drivers 1 Feb 2007

Maybe they are changing friday drivers or Van Der Garde is just a test driver with Super Aguri and will not drive on fridays there.

Principessa

Van der Garde was announced as test- and reserve driver for Super Aguri, so he needs to be present for the team if one of the drivers would have an injury. But how can he be driving on Friday's for Spyker than??

Tom

Just lucky I guess
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Principessa

I didn't even know it was allowed to have two teams racing in the same series, as a driver than! And to be honoust, I don't understand...SpykerF1 and Super Aguri are close rivals, van der Garde would know the secrets of both cars.

johny

wow i'm shocked didn't know that can be done, anyway yea he's a lucky one. I also like spyker 3er driver philosophy, a nice way to raise money

Spyker MF1

Good for him it means he gets to drive the best car in the paddock :wink:
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

m3_lover

Giedo van der Garde has quit his role as third driver at Super Aguri to sign as test driver for Spyker, autosport.com has learned.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

johny

now it makes sense, well another seat to fill

m3_lover

What is going on... he should have stayed with Super Aguri...at least he has a chance to work with a better team then Spyker.. I think this was one biggest mistakes so far in the 2007 season.
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

Wasn't Massa a Sauber driver and a Ferrari test-driver?

Principessa

Massa signed a contract with Ferrari in 2001 and was placed to the Sauber F1 Team in 2002 and 2004, 2005. He was always under contract with Ferrari!

Here is more information about the van der Garde-case :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4820
Appearantly there was some kind of problem with Van der Garde and Super Aguri. Now he can fill in Spyker F1 about what has been going on at SA the last couple of weeks of course. This will certainly effect the relationship of SA and SpykerF1.
Maybe Giedo had a problem with the fact that he could only drive 4 laps yesterday while he tried to obtain his super license? We'll probably never know...

ps: Funny thing. Van der Garde just has remodeled his site (only recently) and already he has to change it again LOL!!

m3_lover

f1.redbaron wrote:Wasn't Massa a Sauber driver and a Ferrari test-driver?
I think Sauber had to take him as part of the engine deal.

Principessa

It gets better and better...it looks more and more like a soap on tv :P
Super Aguri now claims that they don't know anything of van der Garde breaking his contract
Wayne Humphreys, Super Aguri's Chief Financial Officer, told autosport.com: "We are surprised to read the press release issued today as we have a contract with Giedo van der Garde to drive with the Super Aguri F1 team."
If they still have a contract with him...than why didn't he came in action today as he was going to obtain his super license this week??

I think it's funny...two teams fighting over a rookie that has driven 4 laps in an F1 car at the speed of a snail :P [/quote]

Tom

I guess he has potential, I think its good that he is getting in with as many teams as possible, although now he has to combat the rumours. bear in mind Schumacher was with Benneton and Jordan at one time, although it took just one race for Michael to stab Eddie in the back.

Anyway I'd rather be at Spyker than Aguri any day, Spyker are run by racing enthusiasts and sportscar designers over a century old, Super Aguri was just an excuse to chuck Sato in a car and sell as many Honda as possible.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.