Alonso to Ferrari in 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Post Mon May 26, 2008 3:56 pm

Odd isn't it - by 2010 the big names in F1will probably be Sutil, Vettel, Kubicza, Rosberg, Hamilton, Heiki - and Alonso could be among the "old guys." Not meant as a criticism. After last year's horrors at McL, and a losing season this year, if Alonso picks the wrong team next year, he could be quite soured thereafter.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill
donskar
 
Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Location: Cardboard box, end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Post Mon May 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Chaparral wrote:
Rob W wrote:So far this year Alonso has shown he is a driver who can wring a hell of a lot out of an under performing car.

R


As he did in 2005/06 in the Renault - hes the real deal forget about all the other media crap and speculation from the forum whores :)



Making just as many mistakes as he did in 2005/06 too!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-
Scuderia_Russ
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2004
Location: Motorsport Valley, England.

Post Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Juana, my beautiful and intelligent daughter (the apple never falls far from the tree! ;)), use to tell bedtime stories to her brothers. This is the one she made up last night.

Cinderello

Once upon a time there was a little driver that had a loving manager and a team that appreciated thim. He was the prince of racing, and everybody agreed on his extraordinary abilities. Unfortunately, one day, his manager left him.

Our handsome driver had to go to live at the house of an evil stepmanager who made him toil day and night testing race cars.

His flameproof suit became all dirty and ragged. His evil steppartner at the team , who was the favorite of the bad, bad stepmanager, started to call him Cinderello, because he was covered in soot and dirt after testing long hours.

His evil steppartner, who was an ugly, bad tester, took advantage of the developments Cinderello was able to make to his car.

The steppartner did that in order to be able to go to the royal WDC party, to be held in a castle in Paris. The evil stepmanager gave Cinderello horrible clothes and an old Yugo to race, hoping nobody will notice his beautiful driving.

Cinderello got the help of his crew to sew a beautiful flameproof gown. His crew, made of little birds and mouses, loved Cinderello's kindness and sincerity. They were able to magically change the Yugo that the stepmanager had given to him into a shiny, wonderful F1 car, but, alas, only for a few races.

Cinderello danced all night in his car on the track and he called the attention of the beautiful princess Pherrari. At the end of the ballroom dance, Cinderello ran away before his car converted into a pumpkin. When he left the party, he dropped one of his crystal racing shoes. Princess Pherrari found the shoe in the podium stairs.

Our little racer returned to his toils at the Renault kitchen, while his shiny, wonderful F1 car was converted into a Yugo again.

However, Princess Pherrari was so enchanted by Cinderello driving ability that she ordered all her pages and adjutants to go around the world to find the owner of the crystal racing shoe.

One day, when Princess Pherrari entered the house of Cinderello, his evil steppartner tried the crystal racing shoe, as all the racers in the kingdom had done. The evil steppartner puffed and made his great effort but the shoe did not fit. Princess Pherrari was leaving the house already when she saw Cinderello. She ordered his adjutants to try the racing shoe on Cinderello. It fitted perfectly!

Princess Pherrari and Cinderello married and they lived happily ever after.

Next story: Little Red Riding Hood... :D
Ciro
Ciro Pabón
 
Joined: 10 May 2005

Post Sat May 31, 2008 8:16 pm

Jajaja!! I´m already speculating who may be the Sheriff of Nottingham, little John and, of course, Little Red Riding Hood!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna
Belatti
 
Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Location: Argentina

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am

Belatti wrote:Jajaja!! I´m already speculating who may be the Sheriff of Nottingham, little John and, of course, Little Red Riding Hood!


Of course Bernie is the sheriff and Max is Robin Hood taking from the banks giving to the poor super aguries of this world. :mrgreen:


back to Alonso:

I'll decide on my future at the end of the year - Alonso
Fernando Alonso declared, during a press conference at Madrid, that he will decide on his future towards the end of the season. Last week, it was rumoured that the Asturian has to make his decision, whether to stay or to leave the French outfit, before the end of July.

Alonso said during the news conference: "I don't know if I will stay with Renault. It's not been a good year so far and it has been worse than we expected. We have not been on the podium, let alone won a race.

"We have a lot of work to do. I will take a decision on my future towards the end of the year when we'll be able to see how far we have come."


I think that 2009 is already decided for Alonso. Unless surprises happen he will stay at Renault.

There is the potential opening in 2010 at Ferrari and one will have to see if that materialises.

BMW have a contract option for Kubica and would be mad not to exercise it. Theissen is known to be shy of the damage potential that Alonso could do in a head to head competition with Kubica.

Fernando is obviously a victim of his team building skills at McLaren. Ron Dennis has suffered big time for his mistakes by missing out on the championships last year. It is now Alonso's term to suffer for indulging in unlimited warfare at McLaren in 2007. I'm afraid only eating humble pie and doing a solid job will revive Alonso's carreer. unless a surprise opportunity occurs his time will not come befor 2010.

This isn't so unusual in F1. Michael Schumacher had a dry spell from 1996 to 2000 in terms of championships although he clinched victories against all odds. his 1996 win in Barcelona was epic and will remain in my memory of best races forever. Alonso still has the chance of winning a race in 2008 with an underperforming car. he blew his best chances in Monaco and Canada, that is true. but he can still put his head down, keep cool and show determination in the face of adversity.

he needs to be consistent in his media strategy though and project an image of professionality, team integration and modesty. if he continues that his time will come. why not with Renault again?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)
WhiteBlue
 
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Location: WhiteBlue Country

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:22 am

Alonso is not Ferrari material. He is such a baby. He talks about Hamilton being luck y last year. Hamilton kicked his but.
f1italia
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2007

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:12 am

RE:

Alonso is not Ferrari material. He is such a baby. He talks about Hamilton being luck y last year. Hamilton kicked his but.


Well, we all have our opinions, but Alonso HAS won two WCs . . . :roll:

IMHO, NEITHER is Ferrari material, and both have shown a tendency to act immaturely. #-o And NEITHER comes across (IMHO) as a strong team player.

Would be interesting to see Hamilton outside the safe nursery that Mclaren have provided him.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill
donskar
 
Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Location: Cardboard box, end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:50 am

With Mclaren/Ferrari spygate of which Alonso was a main beneficiary and whistleblower, it comes across as him looking like a double agent, just waiting a year to jump to ferrari to let things calm down.
I am an engineer, not a conceptualist :)
alexbarwell
 
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Location: London

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:23 pm

With Mclaren/Ferrari spygate of which Alonso was a main beneficiary and whistleblower, it comes across as him looking like a double agent, just waiting a year to jump to ferrari to let things calm down.


IMHO, that's a rather convoluted spin on the affair. (Please note: I do NOT like Alonso, and do NOT want him at the Scuderia.)

There has never been any suggestion that Alonso played ANY role in initiating the whole sordid mess, so he was not behind it.

As for taking advantage of the situation once it existed, let's remember two facts:
1) McLaren accepted their guilt (admirably, IMO)and paid the price.
2) Alonso's action can be judged as either positive or negative, according to your personal biase.
Did his actions hurt the team? Only if you assume McLaren would have gotten away with their infraction if he had said nothing. (Highly unlikely, IMO, given Ferrari's tenacious pursuit.)
Alonso reported wrong doing. Let's remember that the crime is in the commission of an offense, not in the reporting of that offense.

Alonso was/is no double agent. Save that tag for Stepney.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill
donskar
 
Joined: 3 Feb 2007
Location: Cardboard box, end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:48 pm

while alonso didnt commission the crime he was more than happy to use the proceeds
of that crime to gain a few 1/10s

'we must try this' when informed of co2

so he isnt totally clean, that is he waited till it was a good time to hurt his team before making it public

if you want to claim anything he should have done it immediately and not waited till his info had maximum impact

its called reset here is scotland, dealing in stolen goods and carries the same sentence as theft of said good

however i find it funny in light of the recent FIA licence fee that the drivers where given imunity
anyone else feel the FIA is after a few quid these days

lol
..?
nae
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2006

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:47 pm

f1italia wrote:Alonso is not Ferrari material. He is such a baby. He talks about Hamilton being luck y last year. Hamilton kicked his but.


Sory for being so childish and so OOT, but:

I see your "Idol" Prost just like you say Alonso is.

:oops: Sorry I couldn´t hold myself!
Please god don´t let the rants rain on us!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna
Belatti
 
Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Location: Argentina

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Belatti wrote:
f1italia wrote:Alonso is not Ferrari material. He is such a baby. He talks about Hamilton being luck y last year. Hamilton kicked his but.


Sory for being so childish and so OOT, but:

I see your "Idol" Prost just like you say Alonso is.

:oops: Sorry I couldn´t hold myself!
Please god don´t let the rants rain on us!

Prost was one of the greatest drivers in Formula 1 history. He one in tough situations and had tougher competitors to race against than your idol Fangio.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
f1italia
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2007

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:32 pm

f1italia wrote: Prost was one of the greatest drivers in Formula 1 history. He one in tough situations and had tougher competitors to race against than your idol Fangio.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.


:)

Yeah, Prost was a very good driver, maybe the 4th in history if I would rate them...

Because we have to admit that apart from the title he and JMB stole to Senna in 1989 and the title he won with that "slow" Williams in 1993 (only because he didn´t allow Senna to join Williams) he won other 2 titles. One of those in a "Kimi" fashion when Piquet and Mansell played a "McLaren 2007".

Such a troll I am :wink:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna
Belatti
 
Joined: 10 Jul 2007
Location: Argentina

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:40 pm

I know I'm going OT, so please excuse me. Why is everybody in such a trolling mood these days? I mean, even the usually peaceful being in myself has answered badly to a post. Does it have anything to do with global warming? Summer holidays?

BTW: Wasn't Prost Stephanie of Monaco's lover for a while?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr
Miguel
 
Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Location: San Sebastian (Spain)

Post Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Belatti wrote:
f1italia wrote: Prost was one of the greatest drivers in Formula 1 history. He one in tough situations and had tougher competitors to race against than your idol Fangio.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.


:)

Yeah, Prost was a very good driver, maybe the 4th in history if I would rate them...

Because we have to admit that apart from the title he and JMB stole to Senna in 1989 and the title he won with that "slow" Williams in 1993 (only because he didn´t allow Senna to join Williams) he won other 2 titles. One of those in a "Kimi" fashion when Piquet and Mansell played a "McLaren 2007".

Such a troll I am :wink:

You mean 2nd greatest next to Schumacher.

Didn't Prost come out of retirement and win his 4th championship?

Lets face it they were all great drivers.

Who do you think the next great driver will be?
f1italia
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2007

PreviousNext

Return to General chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnthonyG, CCBot [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Grapeshot [Crawler], Yahoo [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 5 guests