Lotus E21 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Richard

Lotus E21 Renault

A quick reminder that the car threads are a haven for exploring the actual features of the actual car.

We have other threads for team & race conversations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

The pre-launch speculation thread can be found here:

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 12&t=14311

(Will be unlocked at launch time - 19:15 GMT)

stefan_

Re: Lotus E21 Renault

Nice ending to the pre-launch speculation thread. Let's see it!
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

morefirejules08

Still has the ugly step nose sadly

AnthonyG

Looking forward to the first one who notices it's actually last year's car.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Italiano

Crappy launch is crappy.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

KATO

Omg step nose... haha you guys were right its last years car I. Bet we wont see the new car till testing..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

turbof1

So they didn't put the panel due weight. Weird; the panel would weight near nothing.
#AeroFrodo

Carmack

The exhaust ramp is there, the duck-like nose is still there...new livery, though...

Just like James said: "The devil is in the details":)

Mika1

It's a painted E20, they don't show their cards.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Gridlock

turbof1 wrote:So they didn't put the panel due weight. Weird; the panel would weight near nothing.
It has to deflect up-to 200mph air masses without exploding so while light it's never gong to be an 8g CF special - and given the height above reference plane I guess it was CoG vs aero vs aesthetics and the most important one (in current F1 racing) won.

...Or we just saw a PR event and there's benefits in not revealing your solution yet. But since when has logic or probability figured in our speculation on launch cars :D
Last edited by Gridlock on 28 Jan 2013, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

beelsebob

turbof1 wrote:So they didn't put the panel due weight. Weird; the panel would weight near nothing.
I'm confident that what they mean is "we found some downforce in a loophole in the rules for the vanity cover, but we're keeping it back for the first race".

amouzouris

actually as i understand it...James Allison is saying F the modesty panel...its not worth it..if someone does something clever with it to produce some downforce we will copy it...if not thats how it will stay
Last edited by amouzouris on 28 Jan 2013, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

diego1960

If Kimi stopps gobbling down those ice-creams that will save some weight to be used in the panel :mrgreen:
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

stefan_

I think we'll see the real thing on the 5th.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

AnthonyG

Mika1 wrote:It's a painted E20, they don't show their cards.
3rd year in a row they do that I think.

(Richard, if I were you, I'd close this thread and re-open the old one :mrgreen: )
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel