Ferrari F14T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Javert

Re: Ferrari F14T

Well if even Domenicali backs the idea they are slower than Mercedes ...

It's not a good start at all for Ferrari :mrgreen:

Anyhow, F14T nose idea might not be so bad as it appear to be ... maybe a such low nose effectively help front wing
Last edited by Javert on 26 Feb 2014, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.G

Not necessary, the can be even :mrgreen:
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

radosav
radosav

From Leo Turrini Blog:http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2014 ... omenicali/

But here is the location close to the Red precanpionato last test session in Sakhir desert .
1 ) Even Ferrari calls for the re-release of the Brain of , hoping that Balconies / Calboni does not upset too much regulation.
2) About a regulation : it seems acquired the double points , but only for the last GP .
3 ) Curiously, the sporty Red Bull , after alleging the double points for the final Grand Prix , has recently made ​​it known to appreciate an extension of the double points in the last three races of the 2014 season .
4) I wonder why , huh.
5) , however, think that bibitari Ferrari and Renault will solve the problems, maybe not for Melbourne, certainly from the second stage of the rainbow world of F1.
6) At this time , according to the engineers of the Horse , Mercedes has something more in terms of performance . Instead, the F 14 T should be faster than the other cars powered Daimler Benz .
7) Sakhir, in the coming days , Ferrari will try to simulate a Grand Prix , if possible with both Alonso and Raikkonen.
8) The relationship between Fernando and Kimi is very correct , almost cheerful . They even went to dinner together in the desert.
9) Spanish is quiet , it is considered stronger than the Finnish . The blond has it strabatte balls.
10 ) Friday in London will be considered the FIA proposal to assign a set of tires in more than ten drivers admitted to Q3 in qualifying. They then would leave the GP mounting the last train used tire in Q2. But enough of the ' no ' to any team , we put the Caterham, and it does not do anything. Need unanimity.11) Ferrari continue to think that to decide the course of the first part of the season will be the reliability of the service.

Lazy
Lazy

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer Andrew Benson
"Ferrari's form has been difficult to read so far. They have periodically popped up at the top of the times. And a race run done by Fernando Alonso at the first Bahrain test looked reasonably competitive compared to a simultaneous one by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, as far as it was possible to tell. But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes, and they don't understand how their rivals are getting so much power while staying within the fuel restriction introduced this year. Which does not paint too pretty a picture for Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen."

Ouch.

max_speed
max_speed

Lazy wrote:BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer Andrew Benson
"Ferrari's form has been difficult to read so far. They have periodically popped up at the top of the times. And a race run done by Fernando Alonso at the first Bahrain test looked reasonably competitive compared to a simultaneous one by Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, as far as it was possible to tell. But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes, and they don't understand how their rivals are getting so much power while staying within the fuel restriction introduced this year. Which does not paint too pretty a picture for Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen."

Ouch.
i won't believe that unless verdict is out in open. in british media there has been a tendency to downplay Ferrari's form every year. they kept on pitching mclaren and mercedes in past years even though every time ferrari faired best against bulls.
if this information is anyhow true then this year championship is all but over in favor of mercedes

Crabbia
Crabbia

max_speed wrote:
... But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes....

Ouch.
i won't believe that unless verdict is out in open. in british media there has been a tendency to downplay Ferrari's form every year. they kept on pitching mclaren and mercedes in past years even though every time ferrari faired best against bulls.
if this information is anyhow true then this year championship is all but over in favor of mercedes
Also, 75hp is a massive performance differential when you consider this genereation of ICEs are only push out 700-750. Thats a 10% performance differential. And when you consider that it is now a fuel restricted and limited formula that is also a large efficiency differential.

i think the article may be correct, ferrari might be a bit down on power in relation to merc, but that 75hp figure quoted is a bit of fudge.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

stefan_
stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 1 - Bahrain (27.02.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Snelle Eddy
Snelle Eddy

No visible updates as of yet, if you ask me. There do seem to be some sensors on the left of the rear crash-structure. I wonder what those are for.

max_speed
max_speed

Snelle Eddy wrote:No visible updates as of yet, if you ask me. There do seem to be some sensors on the left of the rear crash-structure. I wonder what those are for.
i think objective of today and tomorrow's program will be assert reliability of engine unit. tomorrow is date for homologation of PU , hence i think they will be focusing on pu updates , tweaks etc , that may be the reason we are not seeing aero updates yet. Marussia could have helped ferrari a bit more by being a bit more reliable but that is not the case yet. that is what my guess is.

Crabbia
Crabbia

new mirror mounts. interesting as they are if that's all the aerodynamic upgrades there age going to be some irate tifosi.

Thunder

Relax. It's the first day of the Session. Don't expect too many new Parts before Saturday.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Postmoe

Crabbia wrote:
max_speed wrote:
... But a senior Ferrari figure revealed this week that the team believe their engine is about 75bhp down on the Mercedes....

Ouch.
Also, 75hp is a massive performance differential when you consider this genereation of ICEs are only push out 700-750. Thats a 10% performance differential. And when you consider that it is now a fuel restricted and limited formula that is also a large efficiency differential.

i think the article may be correct, ferrari might be a bit down on power in relation to merc, but that 75hp figure quoted is a bit of fudge.
It's not a huge differential, it's massive.

Put 75 hp on a 200 kg bike an you'll reach easily 200 km/h

Something about this figure must be wrong or we would feel tremendous differences in performance without any type of insider knowledge.

I would suggest this 75hp is an approximation to power delivery in certain areas of the power curve. Perhaps Mercedes has a very flexible and full power unit, and that means a big difference in how the engine can deliver performance at any range. But in terms of raw power, it seems very unlikely that Ferrari is 75hp behind.

Crabbia
Crabbia

No i know. forgot the /sarcasm qualifier.

Snelle Eddy
Snelle Eddy

max_speed wrote:
Snelle Eddy wrote:No visible updates as of yet, if you ask me. There do seem to be some sensors on the left of the rear crash-structure. I wonder what those are for.
i think objective of today and tomorrow's program will be assert reliability of engine unit. tomorrow is date for homologation of PU , hence i think they will be focusing on pu updates , tweaks etc , that may be the reason we are not seeing aero updates yet. Marussia could have helped ferrari a bit more by being a bit more reliable but that is not the case yet. that is what my guess is.
I think you are probably right. First focus will still be on PU, however they should be able to combine those tests right? I am aware that i am very impatient :wink:

The mirrors are the same as last week btw.

rajs41
rajs41

According to Gazzetta, Ferrari could bring an improvement of the second electric motor connected to the turbo, which would improve the performance.