Force India VJM08 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Force India VJM08

NAPI10 wrote:I wish this car help them to achieve 4th in construction championship; that will be mighty achievement n lesson to all Big budget teams. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Not inconcievable to be honest, RedBull after all is running Renault engines and they'll be heading for more engine penalties soon, even if the reliability has been improved, all Renault powered teams have significantly burned through their allowed engines and there are still 12 races to go.

They'll be competing against Lotus for the remainder of the season. Obviously, they feel this upgrade is worth their time and investment, otherwise they would not be so keen to use it. I think they'll pass RedBull by 'nature' of the inavoidable engine penalties coming up for RedBull, this upgrade is what should keep them in front of Lotus.

Easier said than done though, as though Lotus is just 2 points behind them, but iirc had more 'bad luck' through accidents.

I don't see Sauber as a threat anymore, so it's going to be between RedBull, Force India and Lotus for 4th WCC position, but again, I think RedBull is going to lose out because of the engine defecit.

This upgrade is what FI needs to 'keep in the game' since RedBull and Lotus will not be static in devolpment either, with RedBull having money to burn and Lotus, well, not so much but fairly confident their cash flow is more beneficial for development compared to Force India's.

Perhaps Carlos Slim finds himself investing some more into the team, especially with the US and Mexican GP coming up later this year. A top-6 finish in US and Mexico is not going to happen without investment and development.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NAPI10
NAPI10

Experts are cautiously optimistic - http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/06/28/f1-t ... -analysis/

dren

slimfitcasual wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Being one second per lap faster would put them above the Williams.
Which I think is pretty far fetched. I was being sarcastic in my previous post... I'm just a HULK fanboy.
FI always comes with one big update during the season. I expect them to get a nice jump on the competition with this package. I would not be surprised if it was indeed close to a second gain.
Honda!

JDC123
JDC123

Instead of the two holes, could force india remove the material in front of them as this would make the area under the nose much greater and would probably provide much better 'quality' air to the floor/diffuser

ringo

techF1LES wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but for me, article 3.7.8 is catch-all regulation, no matter if it is pylon, nose cone or whatever.

Everything in the box defined by this rule (note drawing below) must be compliant, i.e. each slice of the box cut longitudinally vertically parallel to the car centre line must be single piece.

If you sliced Force India's nose in the area where the nostrils are, you get two slices, not one.
3.7.8 wrote:Only a single section, which must be open, may be contained within any longitudinal vertical cross section taken parallel to the car centre line forward of a point 150mm ahead of the front wheel centre line, less than 250mm from the car centre line and more than 125mm above the reference plane.

Any cameras or camera housings approved by the FIA in addition to a single inlet aperture for the purpose of driver cooling, such aperture having a maximum projected surface area of 1500mm2 and being situated forward of the section referred to in Article 15.4.3(a), will be exempt from the above.
http://i.imgur.com/syUhqfC.png
This area is projected onto the front plane? If so it may well be less than or equal to 15 sq.cm. They may call this aperture a driver cooling hole.
For Sure!!

___
___

ringo wrote:
techF1LES wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but for me, article 3.7.8 is catch-all regulation, no matter if it is pylon, nose cone or whatever.

Everything in the box defined by this rule (note drawing below) must be compliant, i.e. each slice of the box cut longitudinally vertically parallel to the car centre line must be single piece.

If you sliced Force India's nose in the area where the nostrils are, you get two slices, not one.
3.7.8 wrote:Only a single section, which must be open, may be contained within any longitudinal vertical cross section taken parallel to the car centre line forward of a point 150mm ahead of the front wheel centre line, less than 250mm from the car centre line and more than 125mm above the reference plane.

Any cameras or camera housings approved by the FIA in addition to a single inlet aperture for the purpose of driver cooling, such aperture having a maximum projected surface area of 1500mm2 and being situated forward of the section referred to in Article 15.4.3(a), will be exempt from the above.
http://i.imgur.com/syUhqfC.png
This area is projected onto the front plane? If so it may well be less than or equal to 15 sq.cm. They may call this aperture a driver cooling hole.
You bolded the wrong part of the second paragraph. The section referred to in Article 15.4.3(a) is the one "at a point 50mm behind its forward-most point". In other words, you can only call it a cooling aperture if it's right on the end of the nose.

Samraj_official

pls upload updated B-SPEC FI pics, awaiting!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Morteza

Mercedes power unit of VJM08:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Godius

from AMuS:

mitsmania

lio007

Today FI covered their nostrils:

by @AlbertFabrega

rssh

Its looks like a temporary plate attached on the nostril nose so that trigger happy photographers don't click them away happily

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I think on really demanding power track, Fi can almost match with the Williams. But those two team lack of downforce, so I think the battle for the 4th place in the championship will be closer than we expect, firstly because Lotus had the potential on some track and condition to outperform the Fi, but they made some serious mistake and they lost point. Red Bull is really hardly touch by the penalty and they will be outat Spa, Monza .., and I think Sauber don't had any chance, they will finish behind Toro Rosso I think, they lack so much on developpement.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…