Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Ferrari F10

What are those two lumps left and right of the plank? Ballast?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Saribro

front tyres

WhiteBlue

oops, my bad!
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Blackout

Blackout wrote:
ringo wrote:It's a misconception that pull rod suspension facilitates the redbull exhuast. The exhausts actually are completely below the lower control arm.
So ferrari have no worries keeping pushrods. What their focus will be on, is the space bellow the Lower A arm.
Another concern is reshaping the engine covers and lowering the exhuast gills for the new pipes.
Exactly.
And Red Bull uses pull rod for other (ingenious) purposes...

Even without redoing the entire back of the F10, I think they can copy Red bull's exhausts, but in this case, they will probably do compromises by widening the sidepods (because they'll abandon the current 'special' exhausts) and sacrify a some space over the floor. : P
Better photo

Blackout

Interesting

Looks like it (the radiator ?) has its own duct (fed by the F-duct ?)

FLC
FLC

Well, there you go.

The original video is available here.

Apparently Alonso drove the F10 around Fiorano for a promotional film.

timbo

Oh, new exhausts!
Where is Islamatron when you need him? :lol:

autogyro

So Alonso was not testing then. [-X

JohnsonsEvilTwin

FLC wrote:Well, there you go.

The original video is available here.

Apparently Alonso drove the F10 around Fiorano for a promotional film.
Firstly FLC thankyou.

But how on Earth can Ferrari whack a new exhaust on then pound round a track and call it promotional?
More could have been done.
David Purley

FLC
FLC

This is what they said on the official site:
Maranello, 18 June, Fernando Alonso left Maranello late this afternoon after a day and a half of Formula 1 work as well as filming and promotional activity.

Yesterday afternoon, the Spaniard tackled the simulator, preparing for the European Grand Prix with his engineers. Today's schedule included taking part in on-track activity with a group of Ferrari owners, who got to drive around the Fiorano track with the added bonus of doing so with a special "teacher" who just happens to be a double Formula 1 world champion.

At the same time, Fernando also did a few laps of the track at the wheel of the F10 for promotional purposes, filming not only for partners of the Reds but also for some novel features which will soon enliven the new section on the Ferrari website, dedicated to Formula 1.

Even though he only completed very few kilometres, further limited by the demands of the film script, it was nevertheless Fernando's debut at the Fiorano circuit at the wheel of a Ferrari Formula 1 car: you have to make the most of any opportunity in this era of the testing ban!

raceman

The new package looks neat and tidy from the above photo.

Miguel

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:But how on Earth can Ferrari whack a new exhaust on then pound round a track and call it promotional?
All teams can perform promotional filming of their cars. Yeah, I doubt it tooo. Nevertheless, it has to be very short, around the 15 km mark. I don't know how many of these they can perform. Who knows, we might see the new exhaust system in the telly before it makes the track!. Furthermore, there is a limited number of straight line testing days, which each day restricted to I think it was 60 km. Finally, all new chassis are allowed to be shaken down.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

autogyro

So the testing ban means the square root of FA then :x

Miguel

autogyro wrote:So the testing ban means the square root of FA then :x
The testing ban actually means that we no longer have marathonian test sessions between each Grand Prix. The testing ban means we had only 12 days of winter testing (or so), while we would have had three times as much under the old rules.

Personally, I would have liked a three-day test session in the summer. However, as it stands, this is a great equaliser. Everybody has forgotten the incredible mileage Ferrari used to do in Fiorano barely five years ago.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

triart3d

Fiiiummm

Only can see they have new exhauts..( because they change the olds)