Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Ferrari F10

imightbewrong wrote:More images of the wreck for you deprived bastards :D
What are we deprived of? :)
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

gridwalker
gridwalker

I think he might be wrong ...

(that joke just isn't getting old)

Then again, I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to being depraved :twisted:
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

forty-two wrote:
imightbewrong wrote:More images of the wreck for you deprived bastards :D
What are we deprived of? :)
Dammit! Depraved depraved depraved, repeating it three times should make it stick! Stupid English language! :wink:
gridwalker wrote:I think he might be wrong ...

(that joke just isn't getting old)

Then again, I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to being depraved :twisted:
Yeah, I chose that user name knowing that I would probably be proven wrong over and over again at this excellent board :)

forty-two

Ah well, I think the levels of depravity found here are impressive to say the least.

The English language is in fact fantastic, because I knew what you meant. Had you made a similar mistake in French (or referred to Custard using the masculine word instead of feminine), the whole sentence would have been a write off.

I'm just pedantic! :)
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

csponton
csponton

Aldo Costa, Ferrari technical director, in an interview with an Italian television station said that since the Korean gp Ferrari F10 will have a significant and noticeable change in the rear. In your opinion, what is it? Changes to the diffusor or f-duct-style Renault?

MikeFromCanada

csponton wrote:Aldo Costa, Ferrari technical director, in an interview with an Italian television station said that since the Korean gp Ferrari F10 will have a significant and noticeable change in the rear. In your opinion, what is it? Changes to the diffusor or f-duct-style Renault?
If his comments seem to be based on the go-ahead of the Korean GP, you'd have to believe it would be an update to the F-Duct system to make it as efficient as possible when activated down that very long straight.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Just a correction, the Chassis that Massa used at Suzuka wasnt F10-284, it was F10-286, the latest Ferarri Chassis to their continious numbering scheme. He was given it at Singapore.

So, to date the F10 runs with theese chassis:

F10-281 = Testing & Massa Bahrain to China
F10-282 = Testing & Alonso Monaco race to Silverstone (T-Car)
F10-283 = Alonso Bahrain to Monaco FP3 [Trashed]
F10-284 = Massa Spain to Monza
F10-285 = Alonso Germany to current
F10-286 = Massa Singapore & Suzuka [potentially trashed]

triart3d
triart3d

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3365/d10jpn1694.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8228/d10jpn1657.jpg
( big ones)

And.. Where are the radiators?
None on thes side?
If they were broken on the crash .. are too small?

Or i had a wrong impression..
compared with Force india:

Better i write in spanish..
and use google.. sorry.

¿Donde estan los radiadores? Solo veo una estructura de fibra de carbono tras la toma de aire. Y la toma de agua de refrigeracion, pero no conecta con ningun elemento.
¿ Se habran perdido en el accidente?
¿Son tan pequeños como me parece por el poco hueco?
Tras ver las imagenes me parece que lo que se ve son los radiadores cubiertos con fibra de carbono.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

triart3d wrote: And.. Where are the radiators?
None on thes side?
If they were broken on the crash .. are too small?

¿Donde estan los radiadores? Solo veo una estructura de fibra de carbono tras la toma de aire. Y la toma de agua de refrigeracion, pero no conecta con ningun elemento.
¿ Se habran perdido en el accidente?
¿Son tan pequeños como me parece por el poco hueco?
Tras ver las imagenes me parece que lo que se ve son los radiadores cubiertos con fibra de carbono.
The radiator must have been ripped off in the crash. You can see some parts hanging off the floor. Quite a big hit.

If you look closely you can see what must be the f-duct control pipe going up below the air-box.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The more i look at it, that F10-286 is trashed. If the radiator got ripped off in the accedent, its likley ripped its mountings appart, whitch could be attached to the side crash structure.

But looking at that pic of where the radiator is missing, the F-Duct pipe is helt onto its holding brackets by some £1.99 a packet of 50 cable ties to my eyes.

marcush.
marcush.

ESPImperium wrote:The more i look at it, that F10-286 is trashed. If the radiator got ripped off in the accedent, its likley ripped its mountings appart, whitch could be attached to the side crash structure.

But looking at that pic of where the radiator is missing, the F-Duct pipe is helt onto its holding brackets by some £1.99 a packet of 50 cable ties to my eyes.
F1 is held together by rolls of ducttape and more tyraps you thought were in existance..(thanks for that line JT :lol:,excuse me for borrowing it from the Goodyear advert ) ...

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

marcush. wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:The more i look at it, that F10-286 is trashed. If the radiator got ripped off in the accedent, its likley ripped its mountings appart, whitch could be attached to the side crash structure.

F1 is held together by rolls of ducttape and more tyraps you thought were in existance..(thanks for that line JT :lol:,excuse me for borrowing it from the Goodyear advert ) ...
Kind of knew that, as up to 80% of a F1 car is glued and not bolted together. According to a Red Bull fatory tour video i watched once.

Guess its cost cutting.

marcush.
marcush.

not entirely,I think it is a mix of :
convenience-time proven experience
lack of time /recources for more sophisticated solutions
lack of knowledge of readily available light weight fitting systems
and of course the short in service time over a weekend..the main couplings and critical components are all wiggins and autosport connectors to have reliability
but as the rate of change is high nobody does a perfect job on wire lengths or cable routing so this gets fixed somehow on the fly..the lower classes are worse..with even resorting to cheap relay and shopping mall type connectors and hoseclamps..or ATO fuses.. :mrgreen:

747heavy

marcush. wrote: ..the main couplings and critical components are all wiggins and autosport connectors to have reliability.....
makes you wonder about the Ferrari 1x hose + 2x jubilee clip connection on their radiator --> see crash photo
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.
marcush.

747heavy wrote:
marcush. wrote: ..the main couplings and critical components are all wiggins and autosport connectors to have reliability.....
makes you wonder about the Ferrari 1x hose + 2x jubilee clip connection on their radiator --> see crash photo

hehe ..its only Massas car he was only going thru turn 1 to finish his race right there.. :mrgreen: