2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
cplchanb
cplchanb

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

guys/gals i really think those who are slighted by this are really now just in denial of the facts. Unless there is hard concrete evidence now that can prove the opposite and is
accepted by the FIA, this matter objectively is done. The only other possible course of action left is whether or not the FIA will impose further disciplinary measures against vet, which in this case is unlikely. gone are the days of Belestre where he handed a superlicense suspension and dq to senna just for his 50/50 clash with prost

Sieper

Ofcourse it is done, full agree. That is the genious of it all. Hamilton always finds a way to totally creditable be able to deny any blaim, who can lay Any blaim on him and prove it, nobody.

Vettel coming under pressure again totally took the bait, much much harder then even Hamilton could have expected (he was just hoping to unnerve him somewhat). For sure we will be seeing more situation like this.

SimBot

marmer wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:51
Hammerfist wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:09
Onboard is not a good way of judging it apart from Hamilton's mirror driving control =P~ .

- After watching replays it looks worse than live, blatantly slowing down basically mid-to-exit corner, dumbest place to do it and knowing well the other car is close.
- If that's not one sided brake testing I don't know what is. You can stick your half cherry picked, half ignored "data showed".
- Vettel was right to be angry but his reaction was stupid; fortunately LH didn't get away with it.
That's all folks.
He never accelerated or braked through the corner. Done. Finished. He isn't guilty of anything. Face it, it was Vettel and Vettel only who caused both contacts.
He did brake in the corner there is evidence in this forum thread

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
SimBot wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 18:23
I do not understand why people (and FIA) keep saying Hamilton did not brake after the apex, he did, there is a replay with the live telemetry that prove that. The onboard graphics is 100% synced, you can just check the gear in the steering wheel and the gear in the graphics, the downshift from 4 to 3 is perfectly synced (watch the video at 2:51).

FIA telemetry "analysis" is just bs. I am pretty sure that without the problem Hamilton had with his headrest Vettel wouldn't get the s&g but only some time penality or reprimand at the end of the race.

Just watch yourself.
https://youtu.be/1gL71yXEWtE?t=2m40s
:roll:

Xwang
Xwang

Here

http://www.fia.com/file/59053/download?token=HWSIkw4f
nothing is said about what Hamilton has done.
It seems they have simply not analyzed his data and they have focused only on the lateral crash.

dans79

Xwang wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 20:15
I can't find any official FIA document that reports that there was no brake test.
Can you help me, please?
You aren't going to be able to lay your hands on it directly, as the FIA like a lot of other sporting organizations doesn't release everything to the public. Some documents can only be accessed by accredited individuals or organizations.

the quote below is the best you will be able to do.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/355047/
But stewards cleared Hamilton of any wrongdoing after going through telemetry data, coming to the view that he drove consistently at all restarts.

"It emerged that Hamilton did correctly, maintained a consistent speed and behaved in the same manner on that occasion as in all other restarts during the race," read a note from the FIA media delegate.
197 104 103 7

Steven
Owner

Guys, please...

There is a LOT of evidence on page 16 on this thread, yet some people still continue to find "new" stuff.
The onscreen telemetry showed a touch of the brakes, reducing speed from 65km/h to 51km/h.
The FIA says he did not brake, and didn't drive erratically.

I don't think it really matters how he slowed down. With engine braking, or real braking. What matters is that Vettel slightly touched him, which in itself is hardly a problem. But Vettel saw it otherwise and made it a problem.

TAG

^^ What this guy said! I mean I'm sure a lots of other drivers slightly tapped the car in front of them during that restart, but none of the m took it beyond that. :)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

Steven wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 20:51
Guys, please...

There is a LOT of evidence on page 16 on this thread, yet some people still continue to find "new" stuff.
The onscreen telemetry showed a touch of the brakes, reducing speed from 65km/h to 51km/h.

I don't think it really matters how he slowed down. With engine braking, or real braking. What matters is that Vettel slightly touched him, which in itself is hardly a problem. But Vettel saw it otherwise and made it a problem.
I don't really see the problem either. How he slowed down is quite semantics. For all we should care he could have thrown out an ankor and yelled "ahoy!" while doing it, and it still would not have made a difference. The reduction in speed has been numerically expressed, I think that's the only important thing to get out of it.
#AeroFrodo

cplchanb
cplchanb

Steven wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 20:51
Guys, please...

You assume the accuracy of TV graphics is on par or better than the data that is streamed directly from the car to the teams server. While it may be mostly correct I would take the conclusions based on the stewards analysis of the actual data over what was overlaid and not in realtime

Manoah2u wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 15:04

dangerous driving - 10 second stop and go penalty ] done and dished, nothing wrong with that.
causing a collision - 5 second time penalty ] he was responsible in the fullest for contact with hamilton's rear end, this penalty was NEVER SERVED
causing a collision - 5 second time penalty ] apart from dangerous driving, he caused yet another collision when he 'dangerously drove' into lewis side.
Not sure I agree with all of that, but to stir the pot again:
* Didn't SV get his nose ahead of LH under the safety car too?

I don't know the exact wording of the no overtaking under the safety car rule, but that's another one to throw in.

motobaleno wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:13
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... ewart.html

another one out of reality it seems...
not tiny one again uh?
The best part of that is where JS seems to be touting for work for either JB, or even BE (at a big stretch). Who else fits this bill:
'They should sign him to a two-to-three year programme so he has full knowledge of all the drivers' behaviour. It would take somebody that has been in the business recently, who has retired.

djos

turbof1 wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 13:57
Let's wait that one out on the coming days. Emotions and pride are still flowing at sonic speed through Vettel's veins. He might come to realize and to admit he was wrong.
Doubt it, some of us haven't forgotten the way he handled multi21-gate.
"In downforce we trust"

Jolle
Jolle

djos wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 00:01
turbof1 wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 13:57
Let's wait that one out on the coming days. Emotions and pride are still flowing at sonic speed through Vettel's veins. He might come to realize and to admit he was wrong.
Doubt it, some of us haven't forgotten the way he handled multi21-gate.
I remember it clearly. RedBull got a letter from Vettel’s lawyers that, accourding to his contract he wasn’t obligated to follow those kind of instructions.

Sieper

Moose wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 23:55
Sieper wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 20:28
Ofcourse it is done, full agree. That is the genious of it all. Hamilton always finds a way to totally creditable be able to deny any blaim, who can lay Any blaim on him and prove it, nobody.
Perhaps that's because you keep trying to pin blame on him for things that he's blameless in?
I am not trying to do anything, Hamilton did that himself, you just don't want to recognize it. For sure Hamilton was trying to unnerve Vettel there. He did make a move, but indeed that is fully within the rules, nobody can say he did anything wrong, he was the leader, he can set the pace.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
27 Jun 2017, 00:29
I am not trying to do anything, Hamilton did that himself, you just don't want to recognize it. For sure Hamilton was trying to unnerve Vettel there. He did make a move, but indeed that is fully within the rules, nobody can say he did anything wrong, he was the leader, he can set the pace.
What point or argument are you trying to make?
197 104 103 7