2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gothrek
Gothrek

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

Andres125sx wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 18:05

First, he never slowed down a lot as you´re stating. Telemetry prove it but some of you keep fighting reality :roll:
50 kph is not slow according to you then? Just look at his onboard speeds, enough reality for you? :roll:

Andres125sx

Gothrek wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 18:37
Andres125sx wrote:

First, he never slowed down a lot as you´re stating. Telemetry prove it but some of you keep fighting reality :roll:
50 kph is not slow according to you then? Just look at his onboard speeds, enough reality for you? :roll:
Do you grasp the difference between going slow and slowing down?

Vettel claims Lewis slowed down, wich is false according to telemetry. Nobody said a word about if they were going slow or fast :roll:

Wynters
Wynters

Gothrek wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 16:13
So where does this contradict my statement exactly?

You see Hamilton almost going to a standstill.
Wynters wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 15:58
Maintained more or less constant speed
:wtf:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Gothrek wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 18:37
Andres125sx wrote:

[...] Hamilton did not brake, he took the corner, he did as every driver does, vettel misjugded what lewis was about to do because he feared being overtaken from the cars behind and since he can't deal with pressure he snapped and made a mess out of it, and instead of dealing with it, he turned his car into a potentially lethal weapon and slammed it into lewis.

vettel's got some schumacher-esque dirty tricks up his sleeve, and sky reporters rightfully said they NEVER seen anything like that the only driver they ever saw doing something like that was frigging PASTOR MALDONADO, and perhaps you should look up what happened there and what the aftermath was.

the ONLY reason vettel dit not get DSQ and burned to the ground is because Ferrari is back at the front and are seemingly making schumacher-time-like deals with the FIA which essentially translates into a get-out-of-jail free card or atleast a 'dont tear me up too far there when i take the beating'.

also, not the first time vettel has made moves like this.
Last edited by Steven on 27 Jun 2017, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

motobaleno

Actually, given that vettel punishment was right, I don't have so clear ideas on hamilton behavior before crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McK56lTYqCk

motobaleno

the real shame with the whole hamilton vettel affair is that it took away the attention from bottas starts that more and more appear like deliberated ferrari-sniper...
if three clues make a test than the whole thing is highly suspicious.

This of course increases vettel fault in all the story...
since vettel hamilton affair, in any way you want to attribute responsibilities, is an isolated episode.
an eventual deliberated and repeating kamikaze-starting strategy is completely different level of things
and now nobody is discussing about it (vettel's fault)

iotar__

motobaleno wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 18:55
Actually, given that vettel punishment was right, I don't have so clear ideas on hamilton behavior before crash

Onboard is not a good way of judging it apart from Hamilton's mirror driving control =P~ .

- After watching replays it looks worse than live, blatantly slowing down basically mid-to-exit corner, dumbest place to do it and knowing well the other car is close.
- If that's not one sided brake testing I don't know what is. You can stick your half cherry picked, half ignored "data showed".
- Vettel was right to be angry but his reaction was stupid; fortunately LH didn't get away with it.
That's all folks.

motobaleno

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... ewart.html

another one out of reality it seems...
not tiny one again uh?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Jackie Stewart is making himself look foolish. The FIA have already confirmed that there was no brake test by Hamilton.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

motobaleno wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:13
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... ewart.html

another one out of reality it seems...
not tiny one again uh?
Why would anyone listen to what Jackie Stewart says about Hamilton anymore? It is obvious that he does not like lewis, he never loses a chance at criticizing him. And it's more often than not unfair criticism.
We get it Jackie, you dislike Lewis. Next?

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

iotar__ wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:09
motobaleno wrote:

Onboard is not a good way of judging it apart from Hamilton's mirror driving control =P~ .

- After watching replays it looks worse than live, blatantly slowing down basically mid-to-exit corner, dumbest place to do it and knowing well the other car is close.
- If that's not one sided brake testing I don't know what is. You can stick your half cherry picked, half ignored "data showed".
- Vettel was right to be angry but his reaction was stupid; fortunately LH didn't get away with it.
That's all folks.
He never accelerated or braked through the corner. Done. Finished. He isn't guilty of anything. Face it, it was Vettel and Vettel only who caused both contacts.

marmer
marmer

Hammerfist wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:09
motobaleno wrote:

That's all folks.
He never accelerated or braked through the corner. Done. Finished. He isn't guilty of anything. Face it, it was Vettel and Vettel only who caused both contacts.
He did brake in the corner there is evidence in this forum thread

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Sieper

Guy's, Hamilton fans, please. Do you well and truely believe Hamilton wasn't hoping to get under Vettel's skin? Hamilton is so smart in situation like this. I think he mentally has broken Vettel now. The WDC is now his to be taken. We are going to see more situation like this were Hamilton is totally innocent (or can credibly claim this) and Vettel will be loosing it.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

lol, alternate reality stuff right here.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Xwang
Xwang

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Jun 2017, 19:30
Jackie Stewart is making himself look foolish. The FIA have already confirmed that there was no brake test by Hamilton.
I can't find any official FIA document that reports that there was no brake test.
Can you help me, please?