2012 US GP - Circuit of the Americas

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
banibhusan

Re: 2012 US GP - Circuit of the Americas

GrizzleBoy wrote:Knowing him, he'll probably makes up about three positions by turn one and Felipe will be backing up the other cars in front of him for some nice DRS action.
Both of them are starting on the dirty side and remember the dirty side here is not used at all. It'll still be quite slippery. I wouldn't count on such a storming start.

Btw, how on earth MSC managed to outperform both the Ferraris?? :shock:

raymondu999

Interestingly, Massa said that his practice start earlier in the weekend from the even-numbered side was like starting in the wet.
banibhusan wrote:how on earth MSC managed to outperform both the Ferraris?? :shock:
He seems to have come alive whenever there is a lack of grip this year. A lack of grip for everybody that is (as opposed to himself running out of tyres)
Last edited by raymondu999 on 17 Nov 2012, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

Forza wrote:Webber is under FIA investigation for for missing a weight check in qualifying (Q1,12:19 local time).
what i saw them roll his car to FIA garage in Q1!
i will get the pic from my PVR
here is the pic, they are rolling him into the FIA weighing area

siskue2005

[quote="raymondu999"]Interestingly, Massa said that his practice start earlier in the weekend from the even-numbered side was like starting in the wet.

exactly, Webber said it is a joke starting from dirty side
i think Lewis and Kimi will lose out and after first corner, it will be Vettel, Mark and Schumy 1,2,3 :)
Last edited by siskue2005 on 17 Nov 2012, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

McMrocks
McMrocks

siskue2005 wrote: what can the team do when their WDC contender drive cant even out qualify his teammate?
Some facts:
Alo 17:2 Massa
Vettel 11:8 Webber
Think about it

Ray

I wonder how badly Red Bull will make sure Webber's start will be. The only person they want him jumping is Lewis so they'll make sure that he can't get off the line any better than that. It's so stupid that his car never seems to make it off the line properly. Oh well, looks like either there will be a massive pileup into turn 1, or nothing happens and I quit watching Vettels engineers win the race for him after about 6 laps.

Juzh

siskue2005 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Interestingly, Massa said that his practice start earlier in the weekend from the even-numbered side was like starting in the wet.

i think Lewis and Kimi will lose out and after first corner, it will be Vettel, Mark and Schumy 1,2,3 :)
But then again, same was said about india and it didnt show in the end, vettel even managing to outdrag webber.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Sombrero wrote:Well ,very interesting starting grid. Tomorrow we will see if Fernando is really a good driver or not. Curiously, he qualified behind Felippe for the most important race in the season so far...
All races count the same. One race is not more important than the other, though it may seem that way as a title fight approaches its climax.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Juzh wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Interestingly, Massa said that his practice start earlier in the weekend from the even-numbered side was like starting in the wet.

But then again, same was said about india and it didnt show in the end, vettel even managing to outdrag webber.
I think you mean Korea, but very good point.

siskue2005

McMrocks wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: what can the team do when their WDC contender drive cant even out qualify his teammate?
Some facts:
Think about it
some facts
important race for WDC
Think about it

i know in the race Massa will roll over like a puppy as soon as he sees a red color in his rear mirror, but still
Last edited by siskue2005 on 17 Nov 2012, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Looks like you are trying to flame bait here.

FYI Alonso has the best qualifying record against his teammate this season compared to all other teammates.

Juzh

Gerhard Berger wrote:I think you mean Korea, but very good point.
oops, you're right, that's what i meant.

raymondu999

Juzh wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:exactly, Webber said it is a joke starting from dirty side
But then again, same was said about india and it didnt show in the end, vettel even managing to outdrag webber.[/quote]
I think people were mistaken in Korea though. After Turn 1, every single driver starting on the inside line (which turned out to be grippier) overtook the guy starting 1 place ahead of them.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

edit

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

siskue2005 wrote:
McMrocks wrote:
Some facts:
Think about it
some facts
important race for WDC
Think about it

i know in the race Massa will roll over like a puppy as soon as he sees a red color in his rear mirror, but still
All races are equally important for the championship. It's still 25 points for a race win at each race. Think about it :wink: