2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne

2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

Last edited by mx_tifoso on 09 Sep 2013, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title to the format that we always use
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

banibhusan

Re: 2013 Singapore GP

Another processional race and most likely another Vettel triumph. Honestly they should either modify the track layout to make it shorter or reduce the number of laps. It's usually turns out to be a 2 hour long torture. :lol:

On the other hand the view of it in the night looks amazing.

SectorOne

Well if there´s any place Mercedes should be right at home it´s here, full on downforce and tight circuit to keep the finger behind while you manage the tire life.
A 1-2 in Quali and Race would be great.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

godlameroso

I don't think tire life is any longer an issue, at least in the sense than anyone enjoys a competitive advantage because of it. In any sense, the super soft and soft tires will be used in this race. I'm predicting a two stopper, what isn't clear is if the super soft or soft tire will be the better race tire. There are a lot of lateral and acceleration demands on this track and the surface is very slick, however the cars never go fast enough to really load the tires with heat except for the last turn. If a car can pull off a two stopper going O O P then they'll be at an advantage to someone that goes O P P, perhaps starting on options taking a long prime stint and finishing on options.

If the leader gets stuck in traffic it could make the race rather complicated so tire management might be at a premium, and it might be wise to control one's pace at the front so that you don't pit out of sequence and get stuck behind another car.
Saishū kōnā

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

The best thing about this race is the lights shining on paint of cars. Especially I love the Ferrari red under the spotlight.
Other than that it is generally a boring and a long race but still I get quite excited about Singapore GP. This year I think RBR on top and Mercs rock solid and in a close battle with the Bulls. I also wonder if Ferrari made any bit of progress since the last high downforce track Hungaroring.
Hope it wont be a yawnfest this year.

Shrieker

I don't see anything other than a Vettel win lol.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

gray41

Lewis victory.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

beelsebob
beelsebob

Given how the Merc has performed at high DF tracks, I wouldn't put this past being a Merc victory. It's certainly much less of a certain RBR track than Monza was.

oT v1
oT v1

i wonder how many shots of the hotel with the pool on top we'll get.....

Looking forward to the race even if its just about the glitz!
The Power of Dreams

Richard
Richard

I look forward to Singapore because I always think of it as having higher attrition ... or is that simply because the lighting makes it appear more dramatic?

F1NAC

no more singapore sling chicane now it's left hand corner

SectorOne

It´s amazing how different the Merc and the Mclaren is in terms of sound and downshifts.
The Merc sounds like an old lazy dog leaving the downshifts at the last moment, sometimes past geo-apex compared to that rapid downshifting we heard last year.

SamH123
SamH123

beelsebob wrote:Given how the Merc has performed at high DF tracks, I wouldn't put this past being a Merc victory. It's certainly much less of a certain RBR track than Monza was.
:o we wouldn't have been saying that until recently

Mercedes seem to have lost some 1lap pace recently, hopefully they get it back for Singapore

Cocles

F1NAC wrote:no more singapore sling chicane now it's left hand corner
Does anyone have any diagrams or photos of they're doing? This is one of those situations where a picture would be worth a thousand words.

Cocles

SamH123 wrote:Mercedes seem to have lost some 1lap pace recently
I wouldn't say that. Speed wasn't the issue at Monza, and Spa's pace was hampered by their mixed weather setup (compared to the RB's setup for full dry).