Play station 3 F1 game

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Play station 3 F1 game

hi does anybody have any idea that this game F1 game in playstation 3 has steering controls plus acclerator brake pad kit avaliable with it or it works only with six or 3 axis controller.
thanks in advance

mahesh248
mahesh248

yeah i dose and rally is the best game to play in it ....

modbaraban
modbaraban

From what I’ve heard:
The controllers (i.e. wheel+pedals/joystick/gamepad/whatsoever) are bought separately. The game should be compatible with (at least) analogue axis brake, throttle and steering. Though it is known to be arcadey. It lacks realism but has nice graphic FX (while the car models are quite inaccurate compared to PC games/mods). In a few words – it is designed for kids to have some fun.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

no no i want to know does the f1 game of play station 3 has steering controls or does it have normal control

modbaraban
modbaraban

:-k Erm… are you asking if it comes with a steering wheel (the device itself)? I suppose not, just as any other game. You should be able to control via PS3 standard controller (pad) or connect additional controllers.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

thanks a lot :) ok playstation 2 has some steering control devices so i thought playstation 3 will also have yep i mean these extra devices
and we can play f1 game with it , i thought it will be real fun....

but i read the reviews it is supposed to very close to real f1 i mean the car set up and all.....

mahesh248
mahesh248

I have played PC game with steering wheel its much better than playstation or any console, in console the settings and game play are sad
Last edited by mahesh248 on 04 Jun 2007, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

did u play which game was that a f1 game, can u tell me where can we get it and the kit
thanks in advance

Tom

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder wheel but not many good games it will work with, Colin McRae Rally 2 however is stunning on it, esspecially if you're in a very hairy car like a Metro6R4. I've played the playstation version with a wheel too and its nothin on comparison, the PS2 wheel was rubbish, a wii controller would have been more precise.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mahesh248
mahesh248

yep its called Championship 99-02 also u can download a mod called Rh05 from http://www.emacf1.com , steering wheel u can Google and see m not sure to recommend a product ,

modbaraban
modbaraban

mahesh248 wrote:yep its called Championship 99-02 also u can download a mod called Rh05 from http://www.emacf1.com , steering wheel u can Google and see m not sure to recommend a product ,
F1 Challenge 99-02 to be correct :wink: Besides 2005RH there are plenty of modifications for this game. 1994-2005 F1 seasons are available. Some older seasons too. And some other racing series.

About the recommended wheel see here. It works with both PC (usb) or PS2/3 and is fine for most games. Then in some time if you fell you need pro gear you can customise this wheel by going here to spill some cash and buy one of those real racing wheels (momo or sparco) to mount on it using FreX adapter, or add more stuff like real H-shifter, handbrake etc.

Phoenix

Last semester in college, my friend and played this game non-stop along with the GT4 demo. One thing that was very unique about F1 Championship Edition was that you can use the six-axis controller as a steering wheel itself
(yes, you hold the controller in front of you like a steering wheel and move it accordingly). However, this is rather difficult to get used to (as there is a bit of slop in steering input....can't be perfect!) but is fun when mastered, but not ideal.

As for steering wheels I've always heard the G25 is amazing (however it may be only available for PS2).

modbaraban
modbaraban

G25 isn't good for F1 cos it lacks buttons on the wheel and a bit too big and round. It's perfect for GT (btw it works with PC too)

Ray

If you have a PSP or two, supposedly they will work as rearview mirrors. That'a what I saw in a video for the game anyway. Not sure how that's supposed to work though. It's a gimmick, but I'd like to see it for real. I bet it's kind of neat.

modbaraban
modbaraban

but console stuff is nothing compared to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7P72EF8feQ

a lap at Suzuka with Ferrari (PC F1Challenge 99-02) :wink:

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9POFJo6 ... ed&search=