f1 car design [help]

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
ebindivakar
ebindivakar

f1 car design [help]

hi i am currently working to design a f1 car on catia v5. my project requires me to design, build and wind tunnel test the external body of an f1 car. if somebody in this forum could please help me with the specs and name the rest of the parts. as in, the front wing and the rear wings. the monocoque. please could somebody please specify the parts of the f1 monocoque.if somebody has an exploded view of their f1 car or an assembly drawing of the f1 body. it could be of great help to me thank you.
i am stuck at the parts of the car as i want to design each part individually and then assemble them on catia itself.
thank you

N12ck

Re: f1 car design [help]

Hi, take a look here :

http://www.f1technical.net/articles/11634

this will help with designing certain parts, the rest you need to look at the rules, and be imaginative, you also need to learn about how an f1 car / body works before you can design one :)
Budding F1 Engineer

KeithYoung

I'd also be happy to help if you can give more details.

N12ck

Other than looking at the rules, and looking at that help page, there is nothing anyone can do to help you more - if its aerodynamic knowledge you want, then you need to research, that's how we have all created our F1 cars, using purely rules, and ideas in our heads :)
Budding F1 Engineer

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

Thanks n12ck that article was just what i needed..happy new year to all ..i am working on this for my dissertation at uni...any particular mathematical and aerodynamic theories u used?

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

Rough wood..just read your blog..great help :)

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

Ill keep u with a log of help and info i come across

N12ck

ebindivakar wrote:Thanks n12ck that article was just what i needed..happy new year to all ..i am working on this for my dissertation at uni...any particular mathematical and aerodynamic theories u used?
Many! However too many to list, :)
Budding F1 Engineer

mep

ebindivakar wrote:Thanks n12ck that article was just what i needed..happy new year to all ..i am working on this for my dissertation at uni...any particular mathematical and aerodynamic theories u used?
Where do you study and what degree will they give you for that?

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

I study in the uk..i will be awarded a beng ( hons)

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

just worked on the nose and front wing..any problems or something tht looks out of plaace..open to corrections

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

another update of the progress

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

ebindivakar wrote:Image

just worked on the nose and front wing..any problems or something tht looks out of plaace..open to corrections
Congratz its a very fine piece of work but one thing I would like to point out is that its better to position the pillar of the front wing below the nosecone rather than the side as it provide more support strength, more efficient and create less turbulence

Holm86

Is the cutout in the neutral section legal?? And is it even good for anything? Isnt it better just to have the neutral aerofoil instead of that hole?

ebindivakar
ebindivakar

Holm86 wrote:Is the cutout in the neutral section legal?? And is it even good for anything? Isnt it better just to have the neutral aerofoil instead of that hole?
didnt notice that..must have happened during one of the pocketing procedures.
NonNewtonic wrote:Congratz its a very fine piece of work but one thing I would like to point out is that its better to position the pillar of the front wing below the nosecone rather than the side as it provide more support strength, more efficient and create less turbulence
[/quote]
thanks ill keep that in mind during my overview of the design. I am going put it through cfd program so ill put both values in should be interesting.

another update