2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
kediown

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dunlay
Dunlay

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-62663/

Ralf Bach | March 25, 2024, 2:39 p.m
F1 Insider Exclusive: Red Bull team boss Christian Horner wants to sign Fernando Alonso for 2025.

Cassius
Cassius

Dunlay wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 15:46
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-62663/

Ralf Bach | March 25, 2024, 2:39 p.m
F1 Insider Exclusive: Red Bull team boss Christian Horner wants to sign Fernando Alonso for 2025.
Can we stop quoting these unreliable sources. In 2 days I have read about Ricciardo being kicked out for Lawson, Perez being signed for 2025, another article on Max going to Mercedes, Horner being interested in Sainz, and now also Alonso.

Rikhart
Rikhart

I would absolutely go for Sainz. Alonso is good, but I'm starting to see some comments from him that make me wonder if he's interested in F1 for much longer.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Dunlay wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:37
avantman wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:06
Juzh wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 17:43

The tear-off situation needs to be looked at eventually. It's been interfering with racing for too long and its getting worse now. Literally every race there's someone's race ruined by a tear off in a brake duct or now even messing with the underfloor. Absurd.
In the over-reliable and ultra predictable modern era, those random bad luck factors are like a breath of freash air. and you want to take it away for what exactly? to make it more fair so to say or..?
what's next I wonder? run-flat tires, right? Gosh...
Really bad argument. No unnatural external factors should have an impact on racing. If tear offs are acceptable, then you can as well have marshals allowed to throw banana peels, after eating banana, on the track that can help spectacle by helping slide a car off the track.
If drivers have to place the tear off strips into the cockpit, that could lead to a momentary distraction that might well cause an accident. Tear offs are necessary so drivers can see properly during the race. Take those away and they'd have to visit the pits to get a mechanic to wipe the helmet visor clean.

Teams build the cars to exacting standards, but things break or get blocked. Some prove race ending and others can be managed. Luck and bad luck are part of F1's DNA. You cannot control every variable in a race and racetracks are dynamic.

Red Bull had a rotten weekend, as they've had before. But they'll go over what went wrong, fix what needs fixing and aim to win the next race.

Dunlay
Dunlay

taperoo2k wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 01:17
Dunlay wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:37
avantman wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 19:06

In the over-reliable and ultra predictable modern era, those random bad luck factors are like a breath of freash air. and you want to take it away for what exactly? to make it more fair so to say or..?
what's next I wonder? run-flat tires, right? Gosh...
Really bad argument. No unnatural external factors should have an impact on racing. If tear offs are acceptable, then you can as well have marshals allowed to throw banana peels, after eating banana, on the track that can help spectacle by helping slide a car off the track.
If drivers have to place the tear off strips into the cockpit, that could lead to a momentary distraction that might well cause an accident. Tear offs are necessary so drivers can see properly during the race. Take those away and they'd have to visit the pits to get a mechanic to wipe the helmet visor clean.

Teams build the cars to exacting standards, but things break or get blocked. Some prove race ending and others can be managed. Luck and bad luck are part of F1's DNA. You cannot control every variable in a race and racetracks are dynamic.

Red Bull had a rotten weekend, as they've had before. But they'll go over what went wrong, fix what needs fixing and aim to win the next race.
This has nothing to do with Red Bull. It could be one of your favourite drivers next. Charles suffered in 2022 Belgium and so did so many drivers in the recent past. F1 teams and administrators are smart people and they can easily solve these type of problems. It's just not the priority yet. But it's ugly to see such stupid factors affecting racing.

Wouter

MELBOURNE
the Australian grand prix might be over, but @redbullracing Formula 1 drivers Max Verstappen and Checo Perez aren't done with racing just yet. They met up with @VisaCashAppRB racing team's Yuki Tsunoda and Daniel Ricciardo on Melbourne's Hampton beach to find out who would make the best beach lifeguards. Molly Picklum and Scotty James set them challenges using the surf life saver Can-Am Commander off road vehicles across the sandy beach racetrack, but only one team could win the (Un)Serious race 🏁
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

A very nice article about Lambiase and Max.

Fear, faith, friendship: Inside F1’s most precious relationship

Gianpiero Lambiase and Max Verstappen's engineer-driver partnership has encompassed nearly eight years and three world titles.

"I think it is inevitable in any relationship that there are disagreements," Lambiase says.

"The first port of call is acceptance of that. Secondly, you need to have faith in each other that it is for the greater good rather than there being any kind of malicious undertone. That is at the core of the relationship.

"As an engineer, I need to understand that ultimately Max is in the hot seat, not me.

"So while we are all working in a pressurised environment, the driver is at a level well beyond that.

"As an older citizen I would like to think I am mature enough to step back and let him vent when necessary, but to also make him understand why decisions are being made.

"If I was a yes man, I would have been gone long ago. We have just got that honesty in the relationship between us that we can be blunt and straight-talking when needed."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/68597260
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Lee Stevenson, Max Verstappen’s Long-Standing Number 1 Mechanic (2016-03/2021) at Red Bull Bids Adieu.

Goodbyes are never easy, and it certainly isn’t for Lee Stevenson, who was the number 1 mechanic for Red Bull driver Max Verstappen.
Stevenson has been working with the Milton Keynes based outfit for 18 years but now believes it is time to move on to a new role.

You have to click on the feed to hear what Lee has to say.

Celebrating Max his first victory in 2016. Lee holding the trophee.

The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Too bad, but, after 18 years, fully understandable! He will be missed very much. Too what team does he now go Wouter? I just couldn’t hear that and don’t have an insta.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 23:11
Too bad, but, after 18 years, fully understandable! He will be missed very much. Too what team does he now go Wouter? I just couldn’t hear that and don’t have an insta.
I don't think he will be missed by RBR because since March 2021 he worked no longer for RBR and F1 but he travelled with
the Red Bull demostration team to work on the RB7. Now he is going to work for the Sauber/Audi team starting March 1st.
He will be missing the RBR team though because sometimes he travelled with them to attend a raceweekend until last weekend.
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Ah, I thought he was still the nr1 mechanic. Well, good for him to make a nice move.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 13:04
Ah, I thought he was still the nr1 mechanic. Well, good for him to make a nice move.
When he left Chris Gent (Genty) became Max his nr1 mechanic but he left also and this year it is Matt Caller. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Love how the media all reporting his #1 mechanic steps down.

But misleading headlines

Sieper

Media is always out for clicks. Luckily we have Wouter who is actually informed and informs us.